🌙 COLDPLAY ANNOUNCE MOON MUSIC OUT OCTOBER 4TH 🎵

Radiohead

I almost got a chance to go, when they go to Atlanta, but I live in CT so I couldn't convince my parents to travel that much, I could afford tickets too!!!:angry:

omg, yes, i second anna's question: what part of CT do you live in?!?!? what school do you/did you go to?!?!?! i'm from CT! i'm at uni in PA right now, and i miss CT terribly.

I hope im gonna see stipe and yorke together!

Cause rem will be one day after the rh concert here..and their tour starts here, so probably they're gonna be at the rh concert too :dance:

what! you bastard! lol hmm I think that Stipe would be nice to hear in ... All I Need and House of Cards.

Thom Yorke Launches Europe Wide Climate Campaign

Posted on February 27th, 2008.

tybrussels.jpg

A Europe-wide climate campaign was launched today (Wednesday 27 February) by Friends of the Earth Europe and Thom Yorke. The Big Ask Europe aims to get governments and the European Union to commit to annual cuts in carbon dioxide emissions.

Thom Yorke launched the European campaign in Brussels where he presented a symbol of The Big Ask to the European Environment Commissioner, Stavros Dimas.

Yorke said in a press release:

“We will never wake from the nightmare of climate change unless our national governments and the European Union act. They are the only ones who can put the structures in place that will help us tackle climate change. That is why we are launching The Big Ask in seventeen countries across Europe. By committing to annual cuts in our emissions at a national and European level we can play our part in tackling climate change, and set an example for the rest of world to follow. Hundreds of thousands of people want to see their governments doing more about climate change. If you are one of them you can find out more about The Big Ask campaign in your country at

The Big Ask Europe brings together Friends of the Earth groups from 17 European countries each of which is asking its government to commit to legally binding annual emissions cuts. Together they are asking the European Union to force all member states to cut their emissions year-on-year through a strong compliance system.

Thom Yorke has been a key advocate for The Big Ask in the UK which he launched in May 2005. The campaign has successfully persuaded the UK Government to introduce a ground-breaking Climate Change Law. The UK law, which is currently being debated in the House of Lords and should be introduced in the summer, will make the UK the first country in the world to set legally binding targets for cutting carbon dioxide emissions. Friends of the Earth is campaigning for the law to be strengthened so that it covers all emissions, including the UK’s share of emissions from international aviation and shipping. Thom Yorke is now bringing the campaign to the rest of Europe. Around Europe people are being asked to send a message to their politicians. Individuals can find out more about their national campaign at the Big Ask website.

Countries across the continent have been marking the start of the European campaign. In Finland campaigners held snowman rallies in 22 towns and cities while in the Netherlands activists built a dyke in front of the parliament building and invited politicians and celebrities to fill the gaps with sand-bags.

The Big Ask calls on the European Union to commit to at least 30 per cent reductions in greenhouse gas emissions within Europe by 2020 and 90 per cent by 2050. Friends of the Earth Europe has criticised the European Union’s recent proposal to cut emissions by only 20 per cent by 2020 and for giving no guarantee that these targets will be met.

Ain't Thom just great!

thommy.jpg

thommy4.jpg

thommy3.jpg

thommy1.jpg

huge sized pics here

http://www.thebigask.eu/the-big-ask-launch/images

Im glad that the Big Ask tackles the actual issue, not simply telling people to recycle more but making governments enforce it.

I know its not all that certain if we are to blame for destroying the Ozone and human kind can prevent global warming, but its hardly a bad thing to be less wastful and try.

Im glad that the Big Ask tackles the actual issue, not simply telling people to recycle more but making governments enforce it.

I know its not all that certain if we are to blame for destroying the Ozone and human kind can prevent global warming, but its hardly a bad thing to be less wastful and try.

indeed.

Green Radiohead avoid Glastonbury

_44457143_yorke_getty.jpg

Yorke is urging politicians to cut CO2 emissions

Radiohead say they will not play at Glastonbury this summer because poor public transport to the festival has a negative impact on the environment.

Writing in The Sun, lead singer Thom Yorke said the band were trying to do "everything we can to minimise our impact on the environment".

"What we're trying to do now is only play in areas that have a public transport infrastructure in place. So that rules out Glastonbury for this year," he said.

"Maybe we can work out a plan for the future. They're probably sick of the sight of us anyway. "

Yorke said the band was particularly concerned because people tend drive to big shows and festivals "with one or two people in a car". "That's an ecological disaster," he added.

His comments may raise a few eyebrows, as Glastonbury has a reputation for tackling environmental issues. Its Green Fields area uses renewable electricity and solar-heated showers, while festivalgoers are encouraged to catch coaches to the annual music jamboree.

Extra instruments

The Radiohead frontman said he had also taken personal action to reduce his carbon footprint. "I am trying to build a system under my house that heats it naturally from the ground," he wrote.

His band has also invested in two sets of instruments to avoid the need to fly their gear around the world. Yorke was in Brussels on Wednesday urging politicians to introduce sweeping measures to cut carbon emissions by 2020.

"If we don't get stuck in now, in 20 years' time it will be worse and things will be more extreme," he said.

The rock musician has been part of Friends Of The Earth's Big Ask campaign - which is calling for tougher measures to tackle climate change - since its UK launch in 2005.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7268916.stm

i love it when celebrities are vocal about their causes :D :heart:

in other news, i was sitting at my desk in my room when two big, jocky basketball players that live on my floor were passing my door in the hall. they were talking, and one of them was saying "i'm gonna play me some kid A tonight" and then started singing "everything in its right place." :laugh4: i just cracked up, but my roommate rolled her eyes at me.

It is now confirmed that Radiohead will play the ROCK WERCHTER festival in Belgium on saturday July 5 (location was already confirmed on radiohead.com, but the date has only been announced this morning)

The bill is already pretty brilliant that day:

ROCK WERCHTER (B) - SATURDAY 5 JULY

RADIOHEAD - SIGUR ROS - BEN HARPER & THE INNOCENT CRIMINALS - KINGS OF LEON - EDITORS - ROISIN MURPHY - THE HIVES - GOSSIP - KT TUNSTALL - KATE NASH - GALACTIC (and more...)

i love it when celebrities are vocal about their causes :D :heart:

in other news, i was sitting at my desk in my room when two big, jocky basketball players that live on my floor were passing my door in the hall. they were talking, and one of them was saying "i'm gonna play me some kid A tonight" and then started singing "everything in its right place." :laugh4: i just cracked up, but my roommate rolled her eyes at me.

Haha, thats awesome. I don't picture big jocks as the Kid A type.

At camp last summer I woke up all the guys on staff to Everything In Its Right Place. They were all so confused and thought it was so weird. But the "yesterday I woke up sucking a lemon" part became a common saying between a few of us.

It is now confirmed that Radiohead will play the ROCK WERCHTER festival in Belgium on saturday July 5 (location was already confirmed on radiohead.com, but the date has only been announced this morning)

The bill is already pretty brilliant that day:

And ur going of course ;)

I will go too probably, not sure yet, want to go to lowlands too

Haha, thats awesome. I don't picture big jocks as the Kid A type.

At camp last summer I woke up all the guys on staff to Everything In Its Right Place. They were all so confused and thought it was so weird. But the "yesterday I woke up sucking a lemon" part became a common saying between a few of us.

yeah, these guys do NOT look like the radiohead type. precisely why i found it so freaking hilarious. as they were passing my door, i thought i heard one of them say "kid A" but i wasn't completely sure. but once he started singing, i knew :D

haha, thats a bit of an odd phrase for an inside joke, but cool!

And ur going of course ;)

I will go too probably, not sure yet, want to go to lowlands too

Yes I am :D

I'm really relieved Radiohead aren't playing on friday, because I have a wedding to attend that day. I'm going to miss out on seeing Neil Young and The Verve though, which is a bummer...

Guys I'm really confused here. After all the European dates it shows the rest of the North American cities without dates. But New York isn't repeated after the All Points West thing. Is that seriously the only show they're doing here? cause then crap!!

Guys I'm really confused here. After all the European dates it shows the rest of the North American cities without dates. But New York isn't repeated after the All Points West thing. Is that seriously the only show they're doing here? cause then crap!!

Yup theres only one show in New York, I wish they just did a bigger tour a proper intercrit tour like Muse do (with every main city of a country being hit) I feel ive completely missed my chance to ever see Radiohead live if they do such half arsed tours as this.