✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Radiohead

Paranoid Android, Karma Police and Creep. Ironically, even if they're all on OK Computer (right? :thinking:) they were my favorties on..*cough* their greatest hits album :shame:

Creep isn't (it's on their first album Pablo Honey).

I'd recommend giving either In Rainbows or The Bends a listen. I think those are the easiest albums to get into.

Paranoid Android, Karma Police and Creep. Ironically, even if they're all on OK Computer (right? :thinking:) they were my favorties on..*cough* their greatest hits album :shame:

Creep isnt on OK Computer stupid!

Creep isn't (it's on their first album Pablo Honey).

I'd recommend giving either In Rainbows or The Bends a listen. I think those are the easiest albums to get into.

I did listen to In Rainbows on the entertainment system on a flight this Christmas (:facepalm:) so that's deffinatly gonna be what I get next. Of course, Kid A's on sale downtown....

Thanks for the tip on The Bends, though ;)

Creep isnt on OK Computer stupid!

I meant Lucky.

I think that In Rainbows is one of the easiest albums to get into of their catalog.

i dont mean this as a criticism (it is one of my favourite albums of all time) but to me it is very much a pop album. it's melodic, somewhat romantic and most certainly accessible. i know pop is an evil word in the world of radiohead, but in my opinion it is very much relevant when we're talking in rainbows.

i dont mean this as a criticism (it is one of my favourite albums of all time) but to me it is very much a pop album. it's melodic, somewhat romantic and most certainly accessible. i know pop is an evil word in the world of radiohead, but in my opinion it is very much relevant when we're talking in rainbows.

I don't really see In Rainbows being so accessible as to be described as a pop album. To me, it's simply more accessible than other Radiohead albums. Categorizing music is always vague, anyhow. I guess it just depends on perspective.

^ I agree, it is not a raw sounding production. I'll have to think about this one. I just never think of "Radiohead" and "poppy" in the same sentence. That's not a good or bad thing, as I have absolutely no problem with good "pop" music.

In Rainbows is only accessible insofar as it isn't as overtly dark or dissonant as previous albums. However, It is no less innovative or unique but utilizes much subtler methods verging on avante-garde minimalism. Instead of presenting abrasive songs that become more harmonious over time, you get softer arrangements that become richer and more complex over time. As far as utilizing 'pop' songwriting methods, I'd say the bends and even parts of OK Computer are much more 'poppy', predictable and common than anything from In Rainbows as I'm struggling to think of songs from other bands that sound remotely like IR tracks.

I dunno... I mean I wouldn't call the album a pop album, but like i said it's one of the most accessible of their albums.

also Regina Specktor is releasing a cover of No Surprises on itunes:

iTunes will release a cover of a Radiohead "No Surprises"

Hi! On Tuesday, April 27th, iTunes will release a cover i did of a Radiohead (i LOVE them, and thank them for donating their proceeds too!!! they are the best!) song "No Surprises". The proceeds will go to Doctors Without Borders Emergency Relief Fund. The show at Irving Plaza raised a lot of money but this gives a chance for more people to participate and donate to victims of earthquakes in Haiti and Chile.

Regina

http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendId=3071484&blogId=533395319