✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Radiohead

I just watched the Santa barbara version of videotape, and it confirmed what I already felt from the basement sessions: this song works better with thom and a piano than the in rainbows version. Actually, I love a lot of radiohead songs in the stripped down form. It makes me wish they'd do an album without all the innovative sounds. Instead, just keep it simple.

i just think the solo version is far more haunting, which is the general feeling I get from that song. I like the old ass piano he plays in the basement sessions, too.

Someone needs to take Jonny's toys away for just one album.

Re: The Present Tense - I think after a bunch of listens I prefer the Boston version. I like the "When we dance" lyric a lot. And also the ending, although it is different and not as passionate I think it really works with the song.

Re: Videotape - I also think that the Thom solo version from the basement is my favourite, just the simplicity and emotion behind just Thom and the piano.

I think that I like the Present Tense overall better from the Latitude show... I feel there's so much more emotion, though I do like the tone of the guitar and like you the first line "When we Dance" much better... though it's only slight.

bah... I guess i'm on my own in terms of best version of it, but I think that the best version of Videotape is the From the Basement. The arrangement is more full than the studio version, and is what the studio version should've been. The 2006 version of it was epic sounding, but reflecting back on it it seems like the kind of song that is meant to be more personal than epic. I do like the From the Basement version of him solo, but honestly I think his best solo piano version is from Cambridge. But that's just personal taste. I don't know what it is about the cambridge version. I think it's just the middle version with the "ooo's" that does it for me, because Thom puts his heart and soul into it.

give it a listen: [ame=

]
[/ame]

The intimate and emotional Videotape version off the Basement is absolutely my favourite as well. Although I do love the great version of Scotch Misch, which is how it should have been in the album version as Mike accurately pointed out. I love both, but there's something in the rawness and sheer emotion in the basement version that makes it magic.

My roommate got back from Coachella this morning and said he was on the front rail during Atoms for Peace's set last night. And he has the bloody pictures on his Facebook to prove it.

Likewise, I'm currently conjuring up methods to torture him in the middle of the night. :sneaky:

(That and I'm still kicking myself for missing them at Santa Barbara.)

*enters thread*

You know, I never really quite got myself to listen to Amnesiac but the truth is that it's quite good :p

I'm so in love with I MIGHT BE WRONG :sweatdrop: it's quite the eargasm :wacky:

Anyways... :escaping:

Wow, i havent been here for a while. Been busy with school :(

I hate myself for not following the latest /afp/thom/radiohead news. So anyone can give me a little update?

Oh and i hate of all those who did see Atoms for peace live.

Nah, its not hating of course :nice:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bh6jTf5CSJM&feature=related]YouTube- 2/16 Atoms For Peace - Analyze (HD)[/ame]

flea! :lol: He's almost as good as thom when it comes to dancing.

Maybe its the lights..but, his hair looks blue..

Wow, i havent been here for a while. Been busy with school :(

I hate myself for not following the latest /afp/thom/radiohead news. So anyone can give me a little update?

Oh and i hate of all those who did see Atoms for peace live.

Nah, its not hating of course :nice:

Thom did a solo tour around the US w/ AFP.

His setlist consisted of All of the Eraser, then a 3 song solo thom set (he played from a variety of songs), then Paperbag Writer, Judge Jury & Executioner, The Hollow Earth, and Feeling Pulled Apart By Horses.

He also did at one of the shows (Oakland), came on for a 3rd encore and did Follow Me Around

Some solo songs he did were: Fog, The Daily Mail, Airbag, Give up the Ghost, The Present Tense, A Walk Down the Staircase (new song), All for the Best, Everything In It's Right Place, Open the Flood Gates, Skirting on the Surface, Love Will Tear Us Apart (Joy Divison Cover). There might be one or two others.

Also Phil I think has done some solo shows. And Radiohead are set to go back in the studio in May.