✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Radiohead

from NME

The name of the new album relates to an oak tree in Wiltshire's Savernake Forest, thought to be around 1,000 years old. The forest lies around three miles away from Tottenham House, a listed country house where Radiohead recorded part of 'In Rainbows'.

The tree is a pollarded oak, referring to an ancient technique for harvesting timber for fencing and firewood. The phrase also appears in the 23rd chapter of the Qu'ran.

from NME

not sure if you guys remember the "In the Shed" photo, but if you look where the box is you can see the ghostly figures that are part of the new album (bottom right of that painting)

intheshed.jpg

I feel like no one reads my posts, because I just posted both of these things a couple of pages back :(

Anyone from tokyo?

Radiohead have tweeted details of a mysterious Tokyo location and time ahead of the release of their new album on Saturday (February 19).

The band posted the message in Japanese on their official Twitter.com page, Twitter.com/radiohead, this morning (17).

It roughly translates as: "Hachiko Square Shibuya, 59 minutes at 18 Friday". The square is one of the notoriously busy 'pedestrian roads' in Tokyo.

Fans are now speculating that the band may appear at the square at 18:59 (JST) tomorrow, which would be 4:59am UK time on Saturday morning. Radiohead have so far not elaborated on what the tweet means, and their spokesperson is yet to reply to a request for further information.

The tweet:

渋谷 ハチ公広場 金曜日 18時59分

Radiohead's spokesperson has quashed rumours about the band making an appearance in Tokyo ahead of the release of their new album.

This morning (Feb 17), the band posted a message online in Japanese mentioning Tokyo's Hachiko Square in Shibuya and the time 18:59 (JST) tomorrow. Some fans suggested this was referring to a possible appearance from the five-piece, but their spokesperson has told NME that this isn't the case.

"The band will not be in Japan tomorrow so people should not go to Shibuya expecting to see the band in person," they said.

Hachiko Square boasts huge screens overlooking it, making some kind of broadcast there from the band a possibility.

Radiohead are set to release new album 'The King Of Limbs' on Saturday.

The album is tipped to feature eight songs, although the band have said that they will not release tracklisting details ahead of its release.

http://www.nme.com/news/radiohead/55031

yeah I read that... it should be interesting to see what this is all about.

It could possibly be an announcement, or music video, or webcast, or showing the tracklisting.

I'm also thinking perhaps it's like what Thom mentioned he wanted to do a few years ago by just putting an album somewhere and people find it.

Or it could just be an announcement when the album will be released.

also on a side note, doing a LP for Kid A/mnesiac tonight starting at 5:30-6pm EST/10:30-11pm GMT

edit: you might want to check Chieftan Mews (he took part in quite a few webcasts over the years), and has some interesting twitter posts:

http://twitter.com/#!/ChieftanMews

In it he mentions 8-tracks, and also talks about seeing footage too. so a webcast or music video or something may be in order.

regardless this is exciting! why couldn't they have had these cryptic messages these last few months?