✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Radiohead

right, first listen verdict

kind of disappointed with the first half. Second half good. too short

was hoping for more rockier tunes and more traditional sound.

Lotus Flower, Codex and Give Up The Ghost stand out.

feels like nothing special I'm afraid.

Kind of my thoughts as well. The second half is much better than the first half.

The first few songs are very Four Tet like (with the exception of the third track), I think. But then when Lotus Flower comes on, it's like a turning point in the album and the sound changes completely.

I'll do decent review later, but that's just what I think after the first listen

finally gave it a full listen through

Honestly I was kind of disappointed first listen. It was much different than what I was expecting. I was sort of expecting a Twisted Words kind of feel, but this to me was like combining the experimentalness of Kid A and Amnesiac, with the rhythm sound of In Rainbows, and the Jazziness of Amensiac too. I think that Bloom, Lotus Flower, Codex, and Give Up the Ghost are by far in my eyes the highlights. I felt that the album itself was too short, and at least first listen part of me is wondering how this is working together as a whole.

needless to say I will be listening to this album a bit over the next few weeks to fully absorb it

A few opinions from facebook:

this sounds like the next solo release from Thom not radiohead

I hate to say this, cuz I am a huge radiohead fan - but I feel like I just wasted my money. This album is only 8 tracks. And it is all self indulgent electronica garbage. This is the first time I have ever been disappointed in a radiohead album. I don't know if anyone else feels this way after purchasing, or if it's just me.

Bloom: Whoa cool

Morning Mr Magpie: I like the acoustic version better, this one is dull

Little by Little: It's OK

Feral: NO,just no.

Lotus Flower: Cool

...Codex: Brilliant, brilliant, brilliant!

Give Up The Ghost: Awesome

Seperator: Ok, at the end sounds like These Are My Twister World but nothing special

My least favorite album so far :(

I eat, shit and breathe Radiohead.. and even I'm not feeling the new album so far. Give it time though...

The worst radiohead's album. So disappointed

And my own opinion after listening to it 2.5 times:

It's sub-par Radiohead. I hope it will grow on me.

Honestly I was kind of disappointed first listen. It was much different than what I was expecting. I was sort of expecting a Twisted Words kind of feel, but this to me was like combining the experimentalness of Kid A and Amnesiac, with the rhythm sound of In Rainbows, and the Jazziness of Amensiac too. I think that Bloom, Lotus Flower, Codex, and Give Up the Ghost are by far in my eyes the highlights. I felt that the album itself was too short, and at least first listen part of me is wondering how this is working together as a whole.

needless to say I will be listening to this album a bit over the next few weeks to fully absorb it

Think they'll add a track or two for the CD version?

Some people are even speculating that we'll get a second album this year. That would explain the album length and the quick release...

I wouldn't be surprised, in fact I would count on that. To me after the like nearly 3.5 year break in between this and IR, I doubt that these are all the songs they wanted to release.

Perhaps the whole newspaper album will give a bonus cd or something

Kind of my thoughts as well. The second half is much better than the first half.

This is what I think as well, but the first 4 tracks are growing on me.

I was also expecting something similar to TAMTW so I was surprised when I heard Bloom for the first time and didn't like it very much. However, the tracks have grown on me and now I like all apart from Feral, I'm still unsure about that one. Funnily enough, a friend said that one was her second favourite.

I think this is the second Kid A, haha.