✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Radiohead

I seriously doubt the band cares about when U2 and Coldplay release an album.

edit: also that Japanese site for the new album got rid of how many songs are on the album

http://thekingoflimbs.jp/sites/en/

The record label might :p . Why putting 2 of your acts head to head in chart competition ? . They can distribute the budget better if they are released apart :wink3:

The record label might :p . Why putting 2 of your acts head to head in chart competition ? . They can distribute the budget better if they are released apart :wink3:

Well first of all they are independent in the sense of not under contract and tied down to release a specific amount amount of albums, hence they are releasing the album on their own. Though of course they are using labels to help distribute the album) Secondly they have said numerous times, especially for In Rainbows, that they want to release the album as soon as they are finished which they did.

Also like I said, I really doubt that Radiohead care about charts, and even if they did neither U2 or Coldplay have stated the release date of their albums so why would Radiohead want to just wait for them to release theirs first?

You make no sense.

You really should do some research before posting in here. I'm sure most of your favorite bands are slaves to the major record labels, but this one isn't.

Well first of all they are independent in the sense of not under contract and tied down to release a specific amount amount of albums, hence they are releasing the album on their own. Though of course they are using labels to help distribute the album) Secondly they have said numerous times, especially for In Rainbows, that they want to release the album as soon as they are finished which they did.

Also like I said, I really doubt that Radiohead care about charts, and even if they did neither U2 or Coldplay have stated the release date of their albums so why would Radiohead want to just wait for them to release theirs first?

You make no sense.

oh , i thought they were on Capitol/parlophone etc.

That does not mean nothing . When you are signed to a record label , you do it for a certain ammount of albums (lets say your contract is for 5 ) . When you make your 5 albums , you can see what to do .. to sign other type of contract like you did before , or do one free.. The way radiohead did.

I really doubt that Radiohead care about charts

Of course they dont , if they did , they would have done something more pop-ish or mainstream to make the sales go up :rolleyes: . I think its nice to think that they do this for the simply art of making music :) . Things are not like that anymore. Behind radiohead there is a record label that is hungry for money , and they spect this to be good . Otherwise , why bother in releasing the album ? .

I mean , there are productions cost to be covered , promotional type ones , flying tickets/travel , LOTS of things that have to be paid , and if the album sells 3 copies , they are not going to cover with that . So i doubt that nobody cares about how much it sells.

Well Coldplay and U2 are aiming to be released in May/june , the same time radiohead was :wink3:

How does the pre-order download work? Do they send you a link on Saturday? I want to know before I ask my dad to order it. :P

The information after I purchased it said this:

"Digital product will be available to collect from your order tracking area on Saturday 19th February."

Just wanted to share this made my fucking week. I mean really. Single and with a not that good weekend at all behind this thing made my day.

Cheers.

It's really funny though that I have no idea of how long the album will be, or the number of tracks, it's funny but awesome not knowing what to expect. I'm eager to know what the guys will come up with.

I checked some site that's posted in the Coldplay section that lists song titles from different bands, and there are seven I saw that Radiohead have never released before, although they have played most of them live, I think, so who knows if they're actually recorded for the album :uhoh:

Give Up the Ghost

I Froze Up

Lotus Flower

Mouse Dog Bird

Spooks

The Daily Mail

True Love Waits is also on there, which is why I'm not sure if this site just lists songs that the band have recorded or ones that have also been played live.

edit: actually I don't think 11 is one of them, because the Publishers/Administrators info is different from the other ones.