✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The Dream Thread

Heathen_Chemist

Last night I dreamt that I was at the Top of the Pops studio and that Zack De La Rocha from Rage Against The Machine and the Red Hot Chili Peppers were playing (or possibly miming since this was on Top of the Pops) their new single, which they had collaborated on.

Zack had the main vocal role with Anthony Kiedis reduced to that crappy support role of shouting 'Yeah', and 'c'mon'.

John Frusciante was the guitarist again, and the only thing that annoys me about the dream is that I can't remember his guitar bit, because I was thinking in the dream that this was the only redeeming quality of the song. But when I woke up and tried to remember it so I could record it for musical purposes, I had no idea what it was. I really, really wanted to be one of those crazy people who said: 'It came to me in a dream! I'm not crazy dammit!' but alas it was not meant to be.

What makes it bizarre is I haven't listened to those two artists in ages, so why they would make an appearance in my subconscious I have no idea. Man I love dreams. :wacko:

• 2 years later...
  • Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There we go.... Finally I got a dream.

In some public place, I don't really know exactly where inside behind this really cool tinted sky blue glass there was a kind of game playing area with ping pong and other stuff I don't remember, that was the one that i payed attention too because I played a bit of it. There must have been a second floor too since on the other side of the glass I remember there being a spiral staircase. This area in my dream didn't last for too long, because then I remember it being lunch time so i ate nothing big just grilled cheese lol. It's hard to explain where I did eat it.. it was a rather large room and for some reason in this one area I was the only one, it was a big white room that wasn't really a room I was in one section that didn't extend very far but the two on the sides lasted a long ways for some reason and then there was the open entry to it I guess. This didn't last long either as then there were these futuristic... not really hoverboards but you could get in one of them and they'd hover over the ground. They were completely open, so not closed like a normal vehicle would be. Not much smaller than a normal car in fact. I guess me and someone else decided to get in one and fly around. It was somewhere in the country but there were these paths we stuck too. Apparently it was a real life version of some sort of game that actually doesn't exist in our world.. some of them could have lasers coming out of them. Kinda cool. Considering I usually don't have those types of dreams! I also remember once where the other person I was with went to another person's place and tried out there thing. It was cool. So yeah. Last part was an actual game, kinda 2Dish but kinda blended in real life and at times 3D... it's kinda weird, there was this black wall thing outside at night and it was kinda snowy I'd imagine... more floating above the ground I think too. I don't even remember the point of the game really, I just know we sat on these ledges on the walls but I knew you had to do something in this "game" but I totally forget cause it's the evening and it's late and I shoulda wrote this down in the morning when all the details were more fresh in my head. Cause they get hazy and you lose a LOT of detail in your dreams if you wait. So yeah I know a really incoherent all over the place hazy dream and it might have been boring to read and it probably was so sorry about that. This is actually really long for a rather short hazy collection of memories from my dream like this.. believe me you see one of my long dream's I write down and I typically give up because it takes me over an hour to write them cause every single detail I remember I put in. I try to condense it but after a while I start yawning and getting ultra tired and bored and I just can't do it anymore but if I go I know I'll lose a lot of details. So yeah. One other interesting thing is that as I wrote down more stuff about the dream I suddenly remembered more of it... like in that last bit about the game I forgot all about it till I started writing stuff down on here. So yeah. And even now I'm remembering potential mini dreams way before this, and Idk for sure if they actually are dreams, like I just remembered me being at this gas station in the middle of the country really with mostly open field... and then being at this airport thing which may be linked onto the first memory in the dream I recalled... might have happened before that ping pong thing. So yeah. again probably an overly long post for a dream anyways but yeah finally I got something at least. im like putting 30% effort into my writing right now so if you're wondering why this isn't up to my normal standard of really good grammar and stuff and specifics instead of "stuff" lol that's why. So yeah hope this thread becomes more active again and doesn't become my personal dream journal... lol Love to hear some of your guys dreams! :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Finally! Got a Coldplay dream! Or somewhat of one..

In this dream for some reason, when I was with my dad I started livestreaming karaoke versions of some Coldplay songs on YouTube, and we sang along as well. But in the room we were in the other random people who were watching, 2 or 3 at the time, came in and we started a song together, I believe the first one was supposed to be @SprayCanSoulGuy's extended mix of Always In My Head, but for some reason the guitars were really quiet and "blurred" throughout the song, and there wasn't any kind of snare or hand clap, just the kick and some other synths, and there was also this electro noise that kept playing over and over again in a pattern. Like a complete remake of AIMH that was meant to sound more experimental, because that's what my brain thought was his version of the song (even though it isn't irl lol). Even though all I expected was the blurred guitar not all the other edited stuff. But anyway that's not the exciting part. The fun thing was, watching the stream you could actually have a mic and turn it on so with everyone else you can sing along. It was super fun. The funny thing was the videos I streamed weren't even my videos, I just made a playlist of these karaoke versions of Coldplay songs from videos I already found on YouTube and put them on shuffle. So gradually my views went Up&Up (:D) and I remember once seeing it around 10, then not checking it for a while because i had to go do something else but still kept the stream on. When I was upstairs I checked it again and to my big surprise I seen the view count at around 360!!! I was so surprised and thankful and between two songs I turned my mic on and said something along the lines of "Holy, I never ever thought I'd get this many views on my livestream... thanks so much everyone who is watching and singing along right now and have a great time!" It wasn't exactly like that but oh well. I also assumed that the reason why it was beginning to get popular was that people were sharing it and saying it was awesome, so I encouraged my viewers to do more of that as well. Then I resumed it. I kept watching the view count rise to 400 and above, and once again when I went away for a bit then checked it again it was at 1,000!! From this point it really picked up. I kept saying "thank you" sometimes in between songs. It went from that, the next update showed like 3,000 or 4,000, and this continued faster and faster till I reached 1,000,000! The update after that jumped straight up to 10,000,000+, and I was so excited and couildn't believe that a livestream that started out so tiny and humble quickly grew larger than life. It went back down to 1,000,000 again but soon enough rose up again. At some point in time I decided to shut the stream off, tell everyone that it was a great time, and to come back for the next one. Something like that should go on forever but oh well. I also saw my sub count rise, from like 340 or something like that and it kept jumping and skipping numbers rapidly. To 400, then 500, and eventually at the end of it all I think I got around 12,000 subs from that stream alone. I was so happy and thought that it almost was kinda scary because this meant that I'd have to make a lot of videos for them to keep them, and my inner fear of being famous and having to be busy and doing this and that surfaced. But it was still pretty fun. I then proceeded to look up livestream records as far as YouTube goes and I couldn't find any video that said more than I did (although this was only my dream, I have no idea what the real livesteram record for YouTube in terms of view count at any one time is...) I believe somewhere in the middle I actually woke up and opened one eye, then immediately fell back asleep and the dream continued on as if nothing ever happened. When I woke up I was kind of confused as to if that actually happened since I believe I also fell asleep in my dream, but eventually I knew it was just that: a dream. I was kinda disappointed but kinda relieved at the same time knowing I wouldn't have to spend my life trying to seriously keep up with YouTube when my life was just fine the way it is, lol. I look back on it as a fun dream, though. It's the first Coldplay related dream I've had in forever, and it was great. :)