✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Previously up with the birds?

I know there's no absolute-concrete proof to tie this together. But I just noticed as I was listening to the song:

1) It's very natural in it's lyrics, the river/raindrop, erodes us, the clouds, the water your ships roll in. And what also convinces me. "If we could float away fly up to the surface and just start again" and "Lift off before trouble..."

2) You have "through chaos as it swirls", if you replace "it's us against the world" with "we fly up with the birds" i don't think it fits QUITE as well but it still essentially rhymes and that's probably why they changed the lyrics and thus the title.

3) The song is very peaceful melodically. It definitely makes me think that it could've been named something with "Birds" in it and even at the end, Jonny's guitar riff is gorgeous. But it's just so in a way that I could imagine it emulating birds "lifting off".

4) Chris said "It might be a duet but we don't know who with yet." They probably decided the duet would be within the band, a la with Will. Because he is a fantastic singer after all. :] And he definitely deserves it.

4) To counter this though, Chris also said "I'm trying to make sure there are three songs that start with the same letter. This time it could be U." Which I just realized makes me also really believe "U.F.O." will be a song!! :D Maybe the three U's are U.F.O., Us Against the World, and Up with the Birds? Though I'm betting it's probably U.F.O., Us Against the World (PKA Up with the Birds), and another song we don't know/haven't heard.

Agree. It makes a lot of sense.

I love you for that.

:) No problem man. Just speaking the truth! Seriously, he's so underrated. I can't believe he never got a prominent singing role on any of the songs until Death Will Never Conquer!! :| It's pretty ridiculous.

No ...

In 2009 were two names of the songs were written one song us against the world and there was another one called up with the birds

It's not the same song

They changed the list on WikiColdplay. I don't know why- but they did. The original South Bank show never had ETIAW or Hurts Like Heaven or Us Against the World or Major Minus or Up with the Birds for that matter. We didn't find out about those songs until awhile later and they didn't have them at the time of South Bank. Do you want to see the real list from two years ago? Because I obsessed over it and saved it in a Microsoft word doc.

-“1000-1 (Ballad of…)”

-“Aiko”

-“Alien Radio”

-“Alive Day”

-“Arabesque”

-“Boyfriend”

-“Buzz”

-“Car Kids”

-“Cartoon Head”

-“Cartoon Heart”

-“Christmas Lights”

-“Drunks and Guns”

-“Famous Old Painters’

-“Gardeners on the Frontline”

-“Great Expectations”

-“Harbingers of Doom’

-“Harmony”

-“Hook up”

-“If I Ever Fall in Love Again”

-“It Was a Wonderful Day”

-“Love in a Lethal Dose”

-“Lucky Sevens”

-“Princess of China”

-“Sex Violence”

-“Spanish Rain”

-”Space Symphony”

-“Wedding Bells”

-“Wilderness”

-“Wondering Star”

Those were the original songs on the list. Again, don't know why someone changed it. But yeah. So I'm sorry but you can't invalidate my claim based on what you mistook as the truth. It's not really your fault after all though... You're not the first one I've seen refer to the list mistakenly. Someone should fix that and put it back to the original so we don't have any more mess ups.

:) No problem man. Just speaking the truth! Seriously, he's so underrated. I can't believe he never got a prominent singing role on any of the songs until Death Will Never Conquer!! :| It's pretty ridiculous.

I think all of the guys have amazing singing voices :wacky: I wish Coldplay could take a trick from The Beatles and have all of their members sing lead at some point

• 2 weeks later...

"Space Symphony" in that list might now be Moving To Mars if you're considering changed names and slightly different lyrics. I mean "We are meeting for the first time, singing this space symphony" suggests it doesn't it?

I have to agree. What's been discovered these past few days greatly discounts my theory. I don't like this deal with the samples (I mean ETIAW now this?) though I can't help but think it's not much different then before except that they're being more careful since the VlV lawsuits. And I mention the sample thing because I don't see them collaborating with a 70+ year old guy. And I know you're not supposed to prejudge songs but between that and it only being 3:30. Not too promising I'd say. :thinking: Then again, I've been wrong many times before so, this certainly wouldn't be the first time. :P

I have to agree. What's been discovered these past few days greatly discounts my theory. I don't like this deal with the samples (I mean ETIAW now this?) though I can't help but think it's not much different then before except that they're being more careful since the VlV lawsuits. And I mention the sample thing because I don't see them collaborating with a 70+ year old guy. And I know you're not supposed to prejudge songs but between that and it only being 3:30. Not too promising I'd say. :thinking: Then again, I've been wrong many times before so, this certainly wouldn't be the first time. :P

I agree about the sampling. Talk and LiT used their samples well and they really added something to the songs, but with ETiaW it just seems like Chris thought it was 'cool' and that was the only reason they used it. Coldplay are creative, and I would much rather have their own original material on this next album rather than a bunch of borrowed, mix-and-match samples. :shrug:

This is why I couldn't understand why people thought Viva was a rip-off; Chris has always admitted to samples...

They were going to work with Johnny Cash before he died; I wouldn't put it past them to get Leonard Cohen in on a track.