✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[3-Aug-2011] Coldplay @ Samsung AT&T Summer Krush Concert Series, Los Angeles

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes it is going to be a challenge with so little tix on sale, like I0wxo2 said, good luck everyone! :) I just saw that the there will be a GA pit at the concert....it's very tempting to buy some tix for GA. :) And like someone said already above...it did say the concert will only be 1hr. I hope it turns out to be the 1hr30min that they have been playing. :)

"The main grandstand surrounds three courts, and has a capacity of 5,800 spectators. There are eight lighted, hard-surface courts at the center, which can hold 10,000 spectators."

So it's a bit larger than just 2500

http://virtualglobetrotting.com/map/los-angeles-tennis-center-ucla/view/?service=0

That's a link to an air shot of the venue for anyone interested. :)

Edit: Plus a pic from inside.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/a/a9/UCLA_tennis_courts.jpg

Me too! I will report on what I get.

So will I. :) I've decided to try for the $45 ones since those arent' far anyways...and i'll save myself some money as well; I'll get GA when they come back on their own tour with a longer concert. :D

So will I. :) I've decided to try for the $45 ones since those arent' far anyways...and i'll save myself some money as well; I'll get GA when they come back on their own tour with a longer concert. :D

I will have the sads if I can't get anything.

Ah, this is amazing news! :D Forget the Vegas show...I'm going to try to go to this one instead. :P And this one is only Coldplay I believe so it's even better, and it's nearer to where I live! :dance:

My thoughts exactly. I will 99% for sure be going to this show (I'm in Northern California, so short flight for me). Still tempted to go to the Vegas show, but this one is closer, Coldplay-only, and likely a longer set than Vegas, so looking forward to seeing if I can score some tix tomorrow.

Jason

I will have the sads if I can't get anything.

Oh I know, so will I, but we have to stay postive that we will. ;) If not tomorrow then on Friday when they go on sale to the general public. :)

Edit: @Jason. Good luck! And yes many more reasons to go to this show than Vegas. :)

Funny, a friend just sent me an e-mail about this with a different pre-sale code for pre-sales starting Thursday...

So the official Coldplay site:

Begins at 10am PST tomorrow (Wed July 13th) - using the password TEARDROP

Goldenvoice e-mail:

PRESALE THURSDAY 7/14 10AM - 10PM - PASSWORD: "FOUNDATIONS"

Since pre-sales only release a set amount of seats, this gives you an additional chance prior to the public sale of the tix on Friday.

Jason

Funny, a friend just sent me an e-mail about this with a different pre-sale code for pre-sales starting Thursday...

So the official Coldplay site:

Goldenvoice e-mail:

Since pre-sales only release a set amount of seats, this gives you an additional chance prior to the public sale of the tix on Friday.

Jason

Thanks for the extra code in case we aren't successful tomorrow. :)

My thoughts exactly. I will 99% for sure be going to this show (I'm in Northern California, so short flight for me). Still tempted to go to the Vegas show, but this one is closer, Coldplay-only, and likely a longer set than Vegas, so looking forward to seeing if I can score some tix tomorrow.

Jason

I will be coming from Nor Cal as well.

:lol: Yours is probably the longest trip so far then. I'm just going from like an hour away. :P

MY friend Dianne, booked a flight and hotel for Tampa for CP and to go with me, and the concert was cancelled while she was in the air, so ya know what I will be thinking about when I am in the air:lol:

Awesome!

What does it say if we are more excited about tennis courts than Vegas? :laugh3:

Jason

It says that we are smarter at making decisions? haha I don't know. :P

MY friend Dianne, booked a flight and hotel for Tampa for CP and to go with me, and the concert was cancelled while she was in the air, so ya know what I will be thinking about when I am in the air:lol:

Oh no don't think it will be canceled too! That was indeed sad though, I remember that. :\ I'm sure everything will be fine this time around though. :nice:

I LOVE VEGAS too!!! This will be more intimate and less money and there will be alot of Coldplayers to meet:)

Ah Vegas isn't that exciting anymore when you've been there many times. :lol: And yes it's true...there will definitely be more Coldplay fans at this concert since it is only Coldplay. :D Makes for better sing-a-longs, although they haven't been all that great at the LA concerts I've been to. Hopefully this time it's different. :)

"Ah Vegas isn't that exciting anymore when you've been there many times. And yes it's true...there will definitely be more Coldplay fans at this concert since it is only Coldplay. Makes for better sing-a-longs, although they haven't been all that great at the LA concerts I've been to. Hopefully this time it's different."

It will be soooo different, the Gal from Florida will be in DA HOUSE!!! Dianne will probably think twice inviting me to come along:D