✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[3-Aug-2011] Coldplay @ Samsung AT&T Summer Krush Concert Series, Los Angeles

While I likely would have paid whatever price I needed to had I actually been home in LA this day, $160 for seats that aren't even the best in the house is an outright scam. I tried for fun just now and pulled up Section 201 Row 4, so singles are definitely easiest to pull up. Each presale code probably gives access to a different lot of tickets. I pull up a different seat each time with TEARDROP, but MAJORMINUS returns zero results whatsoever.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While I likely would have paid whatever price I needed to had I actually been home in LA this day, $160 for seats that aren't even the best in the house is an outright scam. I tried for fun just now and pulled up Section 201 Row 4, so singles are definitely easiest to pull up. Each presale code probably gives access to a different lot of tickets. I pull up a different seat each time with TEARDROP, but MAJORMINUS returns zero results whatsoever.

:thinking:I think section 2 is worth the money:)

The ticket prices are high and I agree with you on that. However, it is a benefit event for the Grammy's (or NARAS) more than a Coldplay concert. Coldplay probably had no input on prices and left to the NARAS organization to determine prices.

The money from tickets is going to NARAS, which does some excellent work on supporting musicians, producers and engineers. Also, making it easier for people to enter college and get degrees. Without that kind of support it would be harder for music to be made.

The ticket prices are high and I agree with you on that. However, it is a benefit event for the Grammy's (or NARAS) more than a Coldplay concert. Coldplay probably had no input on prices and left to the NARAS organization to determine prices.

The money from tickets is going to NARAS, which does some excellent work on supporting musicians, producers and engineers. Also, making it easier for people to enter college and get degrees. Without that kind of support it would be harder for music to be made.

It's also to promote the new Samsung AT&T 4G phone and they will be GIVING AWAY tickets next week...so it's not just a benefit. My kid's school has been a Grammy Foundation school so I support what they do.

Now you need to get your plane ticket!!! Remember, Orlando-Orange County :)

Yep, and are you ok with a morning flight on the day after the concert? I have to get one in order for my hubby to get me that evening before he goes to work

Well, that didn't go very smoothly...

I had two PCs on two networks and got on both right at 10am (kept hitting F5). Tried to get two tix with each of the two promo codes. Nothing. All I could find was the periodic single ticket.

Then I tried the VIP Experience... what the heck is the VIP Experience?

Anyway, I figured if I'm going to go, and maybe there is a chance at a meet and greet or something... well, I bit the bullet.

I am in Section 204, Row 1. I don't even know who I'm taking with me yet. :laugh3:

I called Ticketmaster and asked what the story is with the "VIP Experience". I finally got in touch with someone with some details. He read off a list of things - VIP parking, early access, a special lounge, a "pre-show", no host bar, special souvenirs... still not real clear on this though. He did give me an e-mail address for more info, so I just sent off an e-mail and will let you know if I find anything else out.

Ticketmaster does have a three day return policy on this event, so if you buy tickets today and maybe find better tickets tomorrow or Friday, you can get a full refund. I had bought one single ticket (and not a very good seat) before buying the VIP set, and they gave me a refund without any problem.

Jason

Oh jason, I am coming from Florida and Dianne went thru hell this morning trying to get tickets, she finally got section 2 row 15, they are good seats, she wanted pit, but I think the VIP were for that area, being L.A. there are gonna be some celebrities attending, and who knows Jason maybe you might get to meet or be in the same lounge area with them??? Fingers crossed.

It's also to promote the new Samsung AT&T 4G phone and they will be GIVING AWAY tickets next week...so it's not just a benefit. My kid's school has been a Grammy Foundation school so I support what they do.

But Samsung AT&T are essentially dropping a huge chunk of cash to sponsor the event, which benefits the Grammy Foundation. Like you said, it is a great program. I know a few people who wouldn't have taken degrees in music production and engineering without the Grammy Foundation. Sound Engineers are the unsung heroes of the music industry.

Well, that didn't go very smoothly...

I had two PCs on two networks and got on both right at 10am (kept hitting F5). Tried to get two tix with each of the two promo codes. Nothing. All I could find was the periodic single ticket.

Then I tried the VIP Experience... what the heck is the VIP Experience?

Anyway, I figured if I'm going to go, and maybe there is a chance at a meet and greet or something... well, I bit the bullet.

I am in Section 204, Row 1. I don't even know who I'm taking with me yet. :laugh3:

I called Ticketmaster and asked what the story is with the "VIP Experience". I finally got in touch with someone with some details. He read off a list of things - VIP parking, early access, a special lounge, a "pre-show", no host bar, special souvenirs... still not real clear on this though. He did give me an e-mail address for more info, so I just sent off an e-mail and will let you know if I find anything else out.

Ticketmaster does have a three day return policy on this event, so if you buy tickets today and maybe find better tickets tomorrow or Friday, you can get a full refund. I had bought one single ticket (and not a very good seat) before buying the VIP set, and they gave me a refund without any problem.

Jason

Yeah, I saw that too. There is a little box with a question mark next to the option, and you get a lot of "extras." And you had to buy them in pairs But you do have a great seat!

VIP Experience (will call only)

One Excellent Top Price Reserved Ticket on the Floor

Separate VIP Preshow Lounge - Party In Style Before the Show!

VIP Preshow Open Bar- Includes Beer, Wine & Assorted Soft Drink Selections

Catered VIP Preshow Hospitality

Dedicated On-Site VIP Preshow Host

Complimentary On-Site Parking

VIP Priority Check-In

1 Exclusive Coldplay VIP Gift

1 Commemorative Souvenir Concert Ticket

For more info please contact [email protected]

Yep, and are you ok with a morning flight on the day after the concert? I have to get one in order for my hubby to get me that evening before he goes to work

That's fine. Like I said, we're only 15 minutes away from the airport. I can't wait!

That's fine. Like I said, we're only 15 minutes away from the airport. I can't wait!

Looks like it will be a noonish flight out, that way you don't have to get up at the crack of dawn.... 15 minutes, hell I could walk:D I can't wait either!!!!

Thanks, Dianne. I obviously did not hover my mouse, but "roll the dice". :D Thanks for the info!

Wow, there sure are a lot of tickets on StubHub!

Jason

It's upsetting that so many scalpers got these tickets instead of the real fans. That's what happened to the Vegas show too.

i don't think the pit were the VIP tix. and honestly i think we will all be able to get tickets tmr and friday. i've always had good experiences with kroq presale so i have my hopes up. from what everyone is saying i don't think there are many 45 dollars ones which is what i want. i will try tmr for 45 if can't i'll get two expensive ones and try friday for cheap again. i'm glad they have this refund policy. if not like i said fuck it. i'll go alone.

I'm going to try again tomorrow too. Ive never been in front and I want those pit tix very much. Lol. I'm liking their refund policy, too.

you should try! and those are amazing! saw them front row in SD. best day of my life... and at another concert i was lucky enough to be next to the B stage. and refund policy FTW!!!

and yes i hate scalpers too!!!

I'm going to try again tomorrow too. Ive never been in front and I want those pit tix very much. Lol. I'm liking their refund policy, too.

Go Baby, Go!!!! If you get us pit, I just don't know what I'm gonna do!!:lol:

The Pit area, I am almost certain will be alot of celebs being L.A., music people, actors, Dianne, Mitch, Tracey:D

OH FLIGHT IS BOOKED!!!!

Ugh.. we tried on two different computers and nadda. I was not even allowed to search for tickets until about 4 min after my husband got in at work. So sad!! I hope to get some tomorrow!

Good luck, I think with each presale there will be more tickets, my friend ifdianne after stressing 30mins, finally got us sec. 2 row 15, keep trying....