✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[3-Aug-2011] Coldplay @ Samsung AT&T Summer Krush Concert Series, Los Angeles

Good Luck everyone. I'm going with 6 people and were all sitting seperate :/ but who cares it's Coldplay :D I need advice though, What do you think is better a floor seat in the back or a box seat in the middle?!? :thinking:

Not sure, but I think this venue is gonna be intimate no matter where we are:)

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good Luck everyone. I'm going with 6 people and were all sitting seperate :/ but who cares it's Coldplay :D I need advice though, What do you think is better a floor seat in the back or a box seat in the middle?!? :thinking:

It is pretty small, but I would take a box seat in the middle over a floor seat in the back. Everyone on the floor will be standing, and I think you'd have a better view from a box. Front of the floor is a different story, though :)

When I graduated from UCLA, the ceremony was held in Drake Stadium, the track stadium. The stadium where the concert is being held is called Straus Stadium. There is a photo here: http://graphics.fansonly.com/photos/schools/ucla/facilities/tennis-courts2-lg.jpg

"The LATC features eight lighted, hard-surface courts, a 5,800-permanent seat grandstand around the three main courts and a two-level clubhouse. At full capacity, the LATC can accommodate 10,000 spectators."

10,000 is a lot. but it looks so small...

10,000 is total capacity, I think, when they set up bleachers and seating for all 8 courts. I think 5800 is what this stadium actually holds in permanent seating. But they are setting up seating on the courts, so that increases the total seats available, too.

Here is a campus map of UCLA. You can see the actual layout of the tennis center near the track stadium. This might help give a visualization what it looks like, too. http://maps.ucla.edu/campus/

Still, much smaller than Wembley ;)

I graduated in 2008 from UCLA and the ceremony was in Pauley Pavilion. They gathered all of us at the track field, which is across from the tennis court. When I was at school big name bands would come play the tennis venue and I remember having a good view. It's really not that big.

I graduated in 2008 from UCLA and the ceremony was in Pauley Pavilion. They gathered all of us at the track field, which is across from the tennis court. When I was at school big name bands would come play the tennis venue and I remember having a good view. It's really not that big.

I graduated in 1988... :shocked2: And looking at the campus map, I hardly recognize the school! So much has changed! When I was there, there were only the 4 big dorms (Dykstra, Reiber, Sproul and Hedrick), and the "suites" were brand new. That was *it* for on-campus housing... Even though I live in Orange County now, I haven't been back to the campus since I graduated!

I'm so excited for this show, and we only have to wait 3 weeks!!! :D:D:D

haha, i'm freaking out cuz i didn't even realize the concert is only 3 weeks away.

i don't have tickets yet. but NOT going isn't an option.

Keep trying tomorrow and Friday. I didn't get a single "ticket available" screen for 30 minutes and I must have tried 30+ times on both computers. There are single seats available now, though, I just found one in Sec FF, Row 10, $164...Do you need more than one?

I graduated in 1988... :shocked2: And looking at the campus map, I hardly recognize the school! So much has changed! When I was there, there were only the 4 big dorms (Dykstra, Reiber, Sproul and Hedrick), and the "suites" were brand new. That was *it* for on-campus housing... Even though I live in Orange County now, I haven't been back to the campus since I graduated!

Maybe I will see you there!

Did you get tickets?

Not yet! I'm planning to. I will let you know what I get! *fingers crossed*

Keep trying tomorrow and Friday. I didn't get a single "ticket available" screen for 30 minutes and I must have tried 30+ times on both computers. There are single seats available now, though, I just found one in Sec FF, Row 10, $164...Do you need more than one?

yeah i need 3-4. but if all else fails i will try 2 and if that fails i will get 1 just for myself. i was thinking about buying just one today considering the refund policy, but i figure i could get just 1 tmr as well.

Is anyone interested in having a Coldplaying get together after the concert at a restaurant or something? I lived in LA years ago... Isn't there a Jerry's Famous Deli near UCLA?

Yes, it's right in Westwood by the fox movie theatre.

Ok, so just to let you all know...I got lucky today, but I'm going to try for better tickets tomorrow. If that happens, I will sell the 3 I got today. I'll put them out to coldplayers here first, so keep checking here to see if I got better tickets. The tickets are Sec. 2, Row 15, Seats 7-9, $164 (face plus fees). So just keep that in mind, because I'd like to see us all be able to go. :)

Ok, so just to let you all know...I got lucky today, but I'm going to try for better tickets tomorrow. If that happens, I will sell the 3 I got today. I'll put them out to coldplayers here first, so keep checking here to see if I got better tickets. The tickets are Sec. 2, Row 15, Seats 7-9, $164 (face plus fees). So just keep that in mind, because I'd like to see us all be able to go. :)

I may be interested! Let's see what I get after the general sale.