✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[3-Aug-2011] Coldplay @ Samsung AT&T Summer Krush Concert Series, Los Angeles

Coldplay Launching Samsung AT&T Summer Krush Concert Series

Coldplay will perform in Los Angeles later this summer to help launch the fourth annual Samsung AT&T Summer Krush, a free concert series designed to showcase the capabilities of the newly released Samsung Infuse 4G, available exclusively through AT&T.

The British rock act will launch the nine-city series with a concert on Aug. 3 at the Los Angeles Tennis Center on the campus of UCLA. Select songs from Coldplay's performance will air that same evening on ABC's "Jimmy Kimmel Live!"

Beginning next week, a limited number of free tickets to the Coldplay show will be available through registration at http://www.samsungsummerkrush2011.com, a Summer Krush spokesperson tells http://www.Billboard.biz. Tickets will also be available to purchase, priced from $45 to $150, on July 15 through ticketmaster.com and Ticketmaster outlets. Net proceeds from the Los Angeles concert will benefit the Grammy Foundation's Grammy in the Schools music education program (grammyintheschools.com).

Coldplay is expected to release its fifth studio album this fall. The new set's lead single "Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall" has so far peaked at No. 14 on the Hot 100 and at No. 5 on Rock Songs. The band's last release, "Viva La Vida or Death and All His Friends" (2008), debuted at No. 1 on the Billboard 200 and has sold 2.8 million copies in the United States, according to Nielsen SoundScan.

The group is currently slated to play numerous global music festivals between July and October, which include London's iTunes Festival (July 22), Chicago's Lollapalooza (Aug. 5) and the recently announced iHeartRadio Music Festival in Las Vegas (Sept. 23).

Through mid-September, Summer Krush will visit mostly 2,500-capacity venues in Dallas, Nashville, New York, Seattle, Atlanta, San Francisco, Chicago and Orlando. The artists for those markets will be announced in the coming weeks, a spokesperson says.

Along with hour-long live music performances, each event will feature interactive activities and the chance to win prizes, including the Samsung Infuse 4G and a Summer Krush-branded guitar. A limited number of free tickets for the concerts will be available through radio promotions and online registration at samsungsummerkrush2011.com.

Since Launching in 2007, Summer Krush has featured performances in select U.S. cities from such artists as Mariah Carey, Jay-Z, Kelly Clarkson, Good Charlotte, Gavin Rossdale, Nas, Ludacris, Big & Rich, the All-American Rejects, Ne-Yo, Jimmy Eat World and Paramore.

Samsung regional marketing manager Stacey Portnoy recently told Billboard that Summer Krush has helped boost phone sales in markets that the series visits.

"From a sales perspective, we can track by city," she said, declining to reveal the cost of producing Summer Krush. "We have a strict [return on investment] process that we have to go through to get this program approved every year. So we do have to provide some sort of quantitative data."

http://www.billboard.biz/bbbiz/industry/touring/coldplay-launching-samsung-at-t-summer-krush-1005271152.story

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just confirmed! :D

grammy80t.jpg

Coldplay head to LA for Grammy Foundation benefit

12 July 2011 3:03 pm

Segments from the August 3 show to air on Jimmy Kimmel Live!

news_line.png

Good afternoon. We're pleased to report that Coldplay are playing a special one-off show at LA's UCLA Tennis Center venue on Wednesday, August 3. The net proceeds from the show, which is part of the Samsung AT&T Summer Krush concert series, will benefit the GRAMMY Foundation's GRAMMY in the Schools music education initiative for high school students. Selected highlights from the concert will then air at midnight that night on ABC's Jimmy Kimmel Live! show.

Tickets for the fundraiser are priced from $45 to $150. We have a special presale for Coldplay fans, via ticketmaster.com, which begins at 10am PST tomorrow (Wed July 13th) - using the password TEARDROP. The general sale then begins at 10am PST on Friday, July 15th, again from ticketmaster.com.

Anchorman

http://coldplay.com/newsdetail.php?id=761

Yeah, I think they might be taking on too much...especially when they're trying to finish the album too! Then they'll have all the crap that comes with releasing it to contend with as well.

I dunno...seems to make sense to add another US show close to Lolla, as long as they're in the US, they might as well... They may be able to get in some promo interviews in the US during that time, too. And then they're "off" from shows most of August and September. .

Ah, this is amazing news! :D Forget the Vegas show...I'm going to try to go to this one instead. :P And this one is only Coldplay I believe so it's even better, and it's nearer to where I live! :dance:

And it's only 2500 seats! I'm there!!! And it's at UCLA, my alma mater :D

I dunno...seems to make sense to add another US show close to Lolla, as long as they're in the US, they might as well... They may be able to get in some promo interviews in the US during that time, too. And then they're "off" from shows most of August and September. .

Well for now they're off...:P

But I saw a VERY tired, drawn and subdued band in France, maybe I'm underestimating them and that was a one off, but I've never seen them like that before.

Is good news for LA peeps either way :)

And it's only 2500 seats! I'm there!!! And it's at UCLA, my alma mater :D

Yeah, it's going to be a very intimate show. :D I hope they don't sell out too quickly and I can get my hands on some! I will try to do so tomorrow. :wacko: That's very cool that it's going to be at the University that you graduated...perhaps my future Alma Mater as well. :P

Well for now they're off...:P

But I saw a VERY tired, drawn and subdued band in France, maybe I'm underestimating them and that was a one off, but I've never seen them like that before.

Is good news for LA peeps either way :)

But concert reports since France have been awesome, so it sounds like they're over whatever it was. I'm very excited :) Playing on a tennis court means a small crowd, too.

I'll be at Lollapalooza. I'm missing Coldplay to see Muse.

I live in Los Angeles. I'm flying out August 3rd in order to be in Chicago for Lollapalooza.

F*** EVERYONE AND EVERYTHING.

Isn't coldplay playing in lollapalooza :p ?

Why dont you see them?

Isn't coldplay playing in lollapalooza :p ?

Why dont you see them?

Because, like I said, I'll be seeing Muse on a different stage at the same time.

If it was virtually any other band (1 or 2 exceptions), mind you, I'd take Coldplay in a heartbeat.

I'll be at Lollapalooza. I'm missing Coldplay to see Muse.

I live in Los Angeles. I'm flying out August 3rd in order to be in Chicago for Lollapalooza.

F*** EVERYONE AND EVERYTHING.

Oh, geez...that sucks :( But Muse is amazing and Coldplay will be back soon on tour.

I've been doing some research. It looks like they will have a GA Pit at this venue!!

That makes going very enticing. However, it also looks (according to Krush Concert Series website) that the concerts in the "series" will only last 1 hour. I would have thought that Coldplay would play their regular "festival" set, but I don't know now.

I wonder if it would be worth it if I would still get to see the show in ATL in Sept?