✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Will Mylo Xyloto leak? ** EFFECTIVE 16-10 LINKS NOT PERMITTED ** (PART I)

bearcat1229

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Coldplay is, and always will be, and always has been, a pop band. Which doesn't mean it's bad.

You can be pop rock. Yeah, it sounds bad, but Coldplay's the shit so it doesn't matter.

It's your opinion. I respect it. ;)

Not necessarily. The term "pop music" really has become more of a specific genre rather than a term denotating any music that is popular.

I've never heard of "indie pop." That's an oxymoron.

Eh. Let's agree to disagree.

I think Coldplay is, and always will be, and always has been, a pop band. Which doesn't mean it's bad.

You can be pop rock. Yeah, it sounds bad, but Coldplay's the shit so it doesn't matter.

Edge 102 and our local Alt station are still playing new Coldplay...but I have my doubts about PoC. Seems they've cut the chord from Alt/Indie music completely now. That's a little sad.

I've never heard of "indie pop." That's an oxymoron.

Eh. Let's agree to disagree.

Who said anything about "indie pop"?

I'm simply saying that the term is used two distinctly different ways by different people, but it's starting to move towards denotating a genre with a specific very produced "sound".

Edge 102 and our local Alt station are still playing new Coldplay...but I have my doubts about PoC. Seems they've cut the chord from Alt/Indie music completely now. That's a little sad.

Just like CHOM. Maybe Yellow was pop, but PoC is COMMERCIAL pop. That's the difference.

I don't care, really. As long as they keep pumping out great music.

I can see the general, old-school Coldplay fans getting pissed, but really, the song is good. One of their best? I cannot say. But, it is a good song.

I can't say I'm an oldschool fan, I discovered CP in 2008, before the release of VLVODAAHF. X&Y was my first album, and it's my favorite to date. Yep, I hate PoC.

Who said anything about "indie pop"?

I'm simply saying that the term is used two distinctly different ways by different people, but it's starting to move towards denotating a genre with a specific very produced "sound".

All I was saying is that there's no such thing as underground pop. That would be an oxymoron. Therefore, pop = popular.

That's my logic anyway.

And I agree they're much more produced. But it's evolution. I think Parachutes and RoB wouldn't be as special if they kept putting stuff like that out.

It isn't just about pop... Mylo Xyloto is really over-produced. Like a delicious cake with a lot of sugar.

Auto-tune. :veryangry2:

Seriously, I know I said it like 100 times, but Jonny... does he play in the song? :inquisitive:

All I was saying is that there's no such thing as underground pop. That would be an oxymoron. Therefore, pop = popular.

That's my logic anyway.

And I agree they're much more produced. But it's evolution. I think Parachutes and RoB wouldn't be as special if they kept putting stuff like that out.

I had the same conversation you have with the Word "Mainstream" i had my own logical Defination.

When will people realize that Coldplay hasn't made a really POP song this era?

Seriously, no sing along able choruses, weirder structures than most pop songs, lots of weird touches (thanks to Eno).

I don't know what to call Coldplay, but pop is closest.

That's my logic anyway.

My logic is that my definition still stands because you can't really have a very-produced-sounding indie album. That's an oxymoron.

That's my logic anyway.

Indie pop does exist. It makes little sense, but it does. Indie pop is like Phoenix, The Flaming Lips. Stuff like that.

EDIT: Broken Social Scene and Arcade Fire are other good examples.

Now for something completely different.

I got pictures of my Jonny hat(s)! :dance:

DSC06768.jpg

First hat...

DSC06771.jpg

Second hat (more brown :P)

DSC06774.jpg

Both hats!

These hats made my day, since I was in a crappy mood before finding them.

(I should probably post these to the Buckland Religion thread, considering :lol:)

EDIT: Crap, those photos are big. Sorry. :shrug:

Now for something completely different.

I got pictures of my Jonny hat(s)! :dance:

DSC06768.jpg

First hat...

DSC06771.jpg

Second hat (more brown :P)

DSC06774.jpg

Both hats!

These hats made my day, since I was in a crappy mood before finding them.

(I should probably post these to the Buckland Religion thread, considering :lol:)

EDIT: Crap, those photos are big. Sorry. :shrugh:

awesome!

Indie pop does exist. It makes little sense, but it does. Indie pop is like Phoenix, The Flaming Lips. Stuff like that.

EDIT: Broken Social Scene and Arcade Fire are other good examples.

I would not consider The Flaming Lips pop...

Phoenix isn't really indie at all either.