✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Up In Flames (written by Joe Satriani) :)

coldpatrix

Seriously, I don't have anything against that guy, (yet) his only style that he plays is a bit cool, :rolleyes: but all his songs are similar one to each other :D... and... he's stupid :lol: and doesn't clean his ears regularly... :p

EDIT: PLEASE DON'T LEAVE HATE COMMENTS

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The first thing that came out of my mouth when i saw this thread was: ...are you f***ing me? :angry:

I can't stand this guyy. Coldplay can't do anything without getting compared with him one way or another. I mean I don't mind it when they're compared to artists who actually HAVE a lot of talent like U2 or Radiohead. But this is ridiculous. He's a no-name cry-baby with an ego the size of the globe and has to attack Coldplay instead of letting the merits of his work get him recognized. When with this ever end? :/

Guest howyousawtheworld
If the Coldplay Up In Flames has any resemblence to Satriani's one I'm sure he'll try and sue. I don't blame the guy, he's got to earn money somehow considering his music is incredibly boring and nobody buys it.

THIS! I think he's very talented at the guitar but the end result is just....so what.

Satriani is an instantly forgettable bore. Such talent abused in the most dull manner.

Now, now. Let's not turn this joke into a "flame" war dead horse.

But yeah, I wouldn't get to rilled up about this. It's just a coincidence. Both artists have talent, and to rip about either of them is kind of silly.

I disagree. I think this was an intentional little dig at Satriani from Chris, but all with a good sense of humor about it. :D

What!?!?

I totally get the anamosity towards Satriani and the ill will directed at him but really people!?

Satriani is regarded as one of the elite guitarists in the world and while he doesn't have the following that a band as successful as Coldplay has, he certainly holds his own in the market he targets. I mean Victor Wooten isn't the most common name in the world and doesn't have the Coldplay, Rolling Stones, or Led Zeppelin name to go with his own but he also is regarded as one of the best if not the best bass player in the world!

I hope that Coldplay named 'Up In Flames' to get under Satriani's skin but that doesn't mean he is terrible. He is currently in a rather successful rock band, Chickenfoot, which I'm not particularly fond of but A LOT of people are. Their first record is Gold certified.

Let's slow this hate-train down a bit. The guy is F'ing great at guitar and successful in his own right.

I choose Coldplay over Satriani anyday, and most do as well. But he is still pretty damn good. His career certainly isn't "Up In Flames"...

I totally get the anamosity towards Satriani and the ill will directed at him but really people!?

Satriani is regarded as one of the elite guitarists in the world and while he doesn't have the following that a band as successful as Coldplay has, he certainly holds his own in the market he targets. I mean Victor Wooten isn't the most common name in the world and doesn't have the Coldplay, Rolling Stones, or Led Zeppelin name to go with his own but he also is regarded as one of the best if not the best bass player in the world!

I hope that Coldplay named 'Up In Flames' to get under Satriani's skin but that doesn't mean he is terrible. He is currently in a rather successful rock band, Chickenfoot, which I'm not particularly fond of but A LOT of people are. Their first record is Gold certified.

Let's slow this hate-train down a bit. The guy is F'ing great at guitar and successful in his own right.

I choose Coldplay over Satriani anyday, and most do as well. But he is still pretty damn good. His career certainly isn't "Up In Flames"...

Coldplay >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>............ Chickenfoot > :toilet: > Satriani alone

This!

Guest Osaka Sun

It would be the best trolling moment if the song's lyrics referred to the plagiarism claims.

He'd freak for sure!

Viva sounds like it was influenced by Talaman from the 1700s. The strings are like one of his songs and the melody that Chris sings is close to the melody of another song. Lots of music is influenced by this time period when it was being invented. Joe plays like a turd. Chickenfoot sucks.

• 4 months later...

JS is up in flames, yeah!

In the world of music there are tons of songs which are identical, really, which were written by well-famous bands, but i'cant see the indifference between Viva and I .. fly, maybe just a bit but it's not a cause for making a court.

http://www.maxim.com/amg/music/maxim-music/79228/chickenfoot-turning-up-heat.html

f*ng fools

These guys will have to be bullied by our cold!

Coming back to this thread, I am from Russia and we have one very popular singer which i hate with all my soul (actualy I hate all russian music)..well, how do you like IT!! Please WATCH!))

Doesn't remind you anything\anyone??

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zCchUK5T-qk]???????? ???? - ?????? ???? (??? Live) - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjGLRK9HR30&ob=av2e]???????? ???? - ???? (??? Live) - YouTube[/ame]

I want to tell about it to Coldplay!