✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Up In Flames (written by Joe Satriani) :)

coldpatrix

Coming back to this thread, I am from Russia and we have one very popular singer which i hate with all my soul (actualy I hate all russian music)..well, how do you like IT!! Please WATCH!))

Doesn't remind you anything\anyone??

I want to tell about it to Coldplay!

Is he just singing the same lyrics of the songs but in Russian? I don't know any Russian so I don't know :P

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coming back to this thread, I am from Russia and we have one very popular singer which i hate with all my soul (actualy I hate all russian music)..well, how do you like IT!! Please WATCH!))

Doesn't remind you anything\anyone??

I want to tell about it to Coldplay!

I saw this some time ago too, and I heard he didn't credit Coldplay for anything like they are his own songs. Hard to believe though and I also can't read Russian so could you figure it out ?

And btw that Drummer looks hilarious!!:lol:

Just a quick translation

The sky (Небо)

I could roam the dark cities,

Wander here and there, but I fell into the sky.

I could go on a white ship

to an unknown land,but I fell into the sky.

Live could easily climb up high,

get high, but I fell into the sky.

Chorus:

Your love is like a cloud

and I, where it is about.

flying to the moon, where the sun's light,

there is no way back.

A Loss.

I could write insane poetry

And collect sins,but I fell into the sky.

Let me have a chance, a one in a hundred,

Thank you for everything, but I fell into the sky.

Chorus:

Your love is like a cloud

and I, where it is about.

flying to the moon, where the sun's light,

there is no way back.

Fly there ,fly to where the sun's light.

There is no way back,I'll be there!

Fly there, where the light!

There is no way back,I'll be there!

Let me,one was a chance of one in a hundred,

Thank you for everything!

As you see, it doesnt have any serious and really great words, all the lyrics is primitive as the all today's russian music to my mind((

I doubt they named it that to piss off Satriani considering that the lyric "Up in flames" is such an integral part of the song. I'd be more likely to believe they did it to piss him off if the song never actually said those words in the lyrics.

Also, concerning the Russian singer, singing your own lyrics to another band's music is perfectly legal if it's a live performance. How do you think every band who has ever done a live cover has come out without being sued? Now if he was recording and selling the songs for royalties then yes that is illegal.

I doubt they named it that to piss off Satriani considering that the lyric "Up in flames" is such an integral part of the song. I'd be more likely to believe they did it to piss him off if the song never actually said those words in the lyrics.

Also, concerning the Russian singer, singing your own lyrics to another band's music is perfectly legal if it's a live performance. How do you think every band who has ever done a live cover has come out without being sued? Now if he was recording and selling the songs for royalties then yes that is illegal.

These songs are in his album! I think it's not legal because he got their music but his own words.. It's not even a cover

Also he is considered as the richest singer in Russia! Is it normal??

These songs are in his album! I think it's not legal because he got their music but his own words.. It's not even a cover

If he does record these and sells them then yes it would be illegal if Coldplay wasn't informed or credited in some way, shape, or form. Although I doubt the band is very worried about it considering their success and general live and let live attitude toward these sorts of things.

Off topic but the drummer's eyebrows made me :lol: :laugh3:

edit:

I saw this some time ago too, and I heard he didn't credit Coldplay for anything like they are his own songs. Hard to believe though and I also can't read Russian so could you figure it out ?

And btw that Drummer looks hilarious!!:lol:

Oh, I see someone noticed it too :lol: