✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Recorded instrumental version of Charlie Brown on Sky Sports

R_Burns

I've just been watching the coverage of Arsenal v Liverpool on Sky Sports and while they were showing some stats on screen, a recorded instrumental version of Charlie Brown was playing in the background.

Just thought you'd be interested, not really anything major but it's out there.

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It sounded very similar to the live performances, well the later ones with the synth driven over the top of Jonny's main riff.

If they used it on the one graphic they may be likely to use it again throughout the show and the season. They used Life In Technicolor pretty much all the time a couple of seasons ago.

I noticed this too. I instantly recognized the riff as being Charlie Brown. Did anyone who heard it notice a keyboard part that wasn't in the live version? I thought I heard one, might have been dreaming. This makes me think that Charlie Brown is definitely planned as a single, because the songs they play on Sky are usually singles, for example they've been using Death Cab For Cutie - You Are A Tourist recently as well.

I heard it too, there was definitely a synth in the background like some of the later performances of the song except is was a lot more noticable. I couldn't really hear the bass either but that was probably because my TV speakers aren't the best.

^ Definitely not that, the guitar doesn't sound correct, the one on Sky Sports was a bit softer and had the chorus effect that was used in the live performances. Also, if Sky Sports used that version they'd be breaking copyright laws by not using Coldplay's version.