✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Ed Sheeran

IloveChris

I've searched and I didn't seem to find an Ed Sheeran thread.

Any Ed Sheeran fans out there? Personally, I think he's brilliant! :D

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXvzzTICvJs]Ed Sheeran - You Need Me, I Don't Need You (Official Video) - YouTube[/ame]

And he's even more brilliant live!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=temYymFGSEc]SB.TV EXCLUSIVE - Ed Sheeran - You Need Me, I Dont Need You (Acoustic) - YouTube[/ame]

He's definitely worth a listen :)

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ME! :dance: :dance: :dance:

fell in love with The A-Team & watched the video of his set at the iTunes Festival supporting Bruno Mars (why the hell didn't we get Ed for the recent London gig for Bruno?! *sigh*) & thought he was really good. like the way he pretty much did all the sounds on his tracks all on his own during his set.

he's playing in London on my birthday, but it's already sold out. so is his 1-off gig for the Q Awards (£15 only! sold out in under an hour, apparently! :bigcry: ) & i can't make it for his show in January. i seem to be doomed to not be able to see him perform live right now. :disappointed:

ME! :dance: :dance: :dance:

fell in love with The A-Team & watched the video of his set at the iTunes Festival supporting Bruno Mars (why the hell didn't we get Ed for the recent London gig for Bruno?! *sigh*) & thought he was really good. like the way he pretty much did all the sounds on his tracks all on his own during his set.

he's playing in London on my birthday, but it's already sold out. so is his 1-off gig for the Q Awards (£15 only! sold out in under an hour, apparently! :bigcry: ) & i can't make it for his show in January. i seem to be doomed to not be able to see him perform live right now. :disappointed:

I know, it's really hard to get tickets to his gigs, he was doing a gig near where I live and it was sold-out in under 2 minutes! :veryangry2:

Just have to keep trying I guess... :\

yeah...like for the Q Awards gig he's doing. his sold out already on the day & there were still tickets for the other acts, i.e Kaiser Chiefs. & the Guardian's review of his Barfly gig mentioned there were like 1,000 peeps queuing to get in! :stunned:

did you pre-order his album off play.com? there's a signed edition on sale there with earphone cable. only knew about it cos he'd tweeted that he's been signing albums, tbh. :P

• 1 month later...

I believe he actually namedrops Coldplay in his song "Drunk".

"On cold days Coldplay's out like the band's name" or something!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gdZ21wTStis]Ed Sheeran - Drunk (with lyrics) - YouTube[/ame]

he name drops a few other artists/bands too in his songs.

for anyone who missed out on it, here's his Thank You EP that he put online to grab for free for a short time following the launch & success of his debut album recently. love it when artists/bands do stuff like this. :)

i'm loving this song of his right now...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QVX3VgGjdmo]Ed Sheeran - Firefly[/ame]

• 1 month later...

I am completely in love with Ed, and yes he name drops them, I was way too excited when I heard "Drunk" and realised what he'd done there ;)

But he's really great, I love how different each of his songs can be, saddest thing for me is I've now missed two opportunities to see him and I tried really hard to get to both gigs. But I guess I'll catch him one day and it'll make it all worth it :)

• 1 month later...

I absolutely love him! At first I just thought he was going to be one of these overrated musicians but after listening to his album... he is superb! Fave songs include Give Me Love, Grade 8 and Autumn Leaves. Saw him play a few songs (You need me, Give me love, The A Team, Lego House) at a charity event recently. Insanely good!!

I also noticed he mentioned Coldplay in 'Drunk' haha ;)

• 7 months later...

My friend pointed out the Coldplay nod in Drunk. I didn't realize it because I honestly didn't like the song very much. But that sealed the deal for me :)

I actually "found" Ed during the BRITS when I tuned in for Coldplay. He just struck me as such an organic artist. There were tons of flashier performers that night but he was just so memorable for his stark stage and beautiful music. Less is more sometimes.

Of course, Coldplay has an excuse to be flashy in my book ;)

Those categories were stacked with great artists, too, so it's really quite something that he won both of those. I would've probably picked one of the other nominees for both awards, but at least Jessie J didn't win the British Breakout award.

• 5 months later...