✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

What's so bad about Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall?

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I absolutely love the song. I think if you're so narrow-minded as a fan that you can only like the 'old' Coldplay, then you shouldn't really ever bother with them again. I for one am glad they didn't release another AROBTTH, for instance, because it would take away the magic of that particular album. Coldplay are going in all sorts of different directions, and adding variety to their music as they do so. Whether this makes them 'mainstream' (if you think that, you've been living under a rock as they defined mainstream piano pop-rock) or 'sell-outs' is to your own personal opinion. I for one appreciate them, because if they released effort after effort exactly like Parachutes, I'd start to get the feeling they've run out of ideas. The lyric quality may not be the same, but they are becoming more colourful and expressive musically, and I freakin love it.

I absolutely love the song. I think if you're so narrow-minded as a fan that you can only like the 'old' Coldplay, then you shouldn't really ever bother with them again. I for one am glad they didn't release another AROBTTH, for instance, because it would take away the magic of that particular album. Coldplay are going in all sorts of different directions, and adding variety to their music as they do so. Whether this makes them 'mainstream' (if you think that, you've been living under a rock as they defined mainstream piano pop-rock) or 'sell-outs' is to your own personal opinion. I for one appreciate them, because if they released effort after effort exactly like Parachutes, I'd start to get the feeling they've run out of ideas. The lyric quality may not be the same, but they are becoming more colourful and expressive musically, and I freakin love it.
So you are telling me that because my favourite album is Parachutes I'm effectiviely 'not allowed' to be a fan anymore. If you like MX fine I really don't care, but don't go tellling me and all the other fans who are sorely dissappointed with this album that we can't express that too you have no right. If anyone is narrow minded it's you for not being tolerant of other Coldplayer's views.

So you are telling me that because my favourite album is Parachutes I'm effectiviely 'not allowed' to be a fan anymore. If you like MX fine I really don't care, but don't go tellling me and all the other fans who are sorely dissappointed with this album that we can't express that too you have no right. If anyone is narrow minded it's you for not being tolerant of other Coldplayer's views.

My God, I couldn't have said it better myself. Thank you, I agree with every single word here. Especially the last sentence.

I don't remember saying that, and you're completely missing my point. What I am saying is this; a lot of people are disappointed with ETIAW, and with MX in its entirety, because it isn't like Parachutes or AROBTTH. What I am saying is that is a good thing.

It is nothing to do with me 'not being tolerant of other Coldplayer's views'; that is just you getting upset.

Not liking the song doesn't equal wanting them to go back to AROBTTH or Parachutes.

I don't remember saying that, and you're completely missing my point. What I am saying is this; a lot of people are disappointed with ETIAW, and with MX in its entirety, because it isn't like Parachutes or AROBTTH. What I am saying is that is a good thing.

It is nothing to do with me 'not being tolerant of other Coldplayer's views'; that is just you getting upset.

You did say exactly that (i've put it in bold so you can see it.)

and more so, you basically just repeated what you said in the first post. Just because my favourite album is Parachutes doesn't mean that I don't appreciate other genres of music, for me I just found that MX was a really sub - par album and there aren't really any songs on it that stand out as being an amazing track whereas on all the other albums I found at least one track that I loved.

You did say exactly that (i've put it in bold so you can see it.)

and more so, you basically just repeated what you said in the first post. Just because my favourite album is Parachutes doesn't mean that I don't appreciate other genres of music, for me I just found that MX was a really sub - par album and there aren't really any songs on it that stand out as being an amazing track whereas on all the other albums I found at least one track that I loved.

The key word used is "only". If you only like Parachutes, don't bother moaning about MX, because it's obviously not gonna be your cuppa tea. If you simply prefer Parachutes, then go ahead.

It's a mix up, let's not fall out, we have one thing in common, this beautiful band.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE ETIAWF. It might even be in my top 5 COldplay songs.. I love it because it brings me to paradise. Every time i hear the song i turn my earphones at loudest and smile the whole song long. When i'm walking on the street people are looking at me like WTF, but i just can;t stop smiling.

I have to agree the lyrics are not the best or poetic or anything, but the first lines he sings are so so so in common with the feeling you (or at least I) have with this song.

I love it. Because it brings me to paradise

The key word used is "only". If you only like Parachutes, don't bother moaning about MX, because it's obviously not gonna be your cuppa tea. If you simply prefer Parachutes, then go ahead.

It's a mix up, let's not fall out, we have one thing in common, this beautiful band.

I just don't like how some people think they have the right to just tell people to go away if they don't agree with their opinion, that's all, I don't want to fall out and I'm not going to.

Better than In My Place? No. But ETIAW is my third favorite from MX. It doesn't deserve all the hate, it's the oldest song from this era and I haven't had too much of it yet. While I have gotten tired of UFO, DLIBYH, UWTB, and UiF. IMO! Don't want hate for that final sentence. ;)

I just don't like how some people think they have the right to just tell people to go away if they don't agree with their opinion, that's all, I don't want to fall out and I'm not going to.

I'm not even going to bother dignifying you with a response because you have completely misinterpreted my post and blown its meaning entirely out of proportion.

Good day to you.

• 2 weeks later...

..I read some of the comments. I don't like the negativity,not what I had in mind when joining this forum. I don't think we need to drag on about why someone dislikes the song...how about some positive thoughts.

anyway, when I first heard this song I thought it was ok, but now it's started to grow on me and I like the lyrics now. I think this song is just about enjoying music..."i feel my heart start beating to my favorite song" favorite Coldplay songs of course!:D

Better than In My Place? No. But ETIAW is my third favorite from MX. It doesn't deserve all the hate, it's the oldest song from this era and I haven't had too much of it yet. While I have gotten tired of UFO, DLIBYH, UWTB, and UiF. IMO! Don't want hate for that final sentence. ;)

no hate...

I love UWTB, DLIBYH,and UFO I want to hear them live

• 1 month later...

I don't understand the hate, it's definitely not one of their records with depth but I mean people need to start getting lost in the music more often, the melody is great IMO. I play it on my beats and it's just booming out of my Macbook with such intensity I'm in another world for those 4 minutes. And Chris wailing around at the end is freaking epic!

I'm not even going to bother dignifying you with a response because you have completely misinterpreted my post and blown its meaning entirely out of proportion.

Good day to you.

Think i got the jist the first time thanks :) :)