✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

New info

Jedi Leo

Roadie sheds light on Up In Flames...sounds AMAZING!

I remember that this phase of things on X&Y is when I first heard Fix You. Dan Green and I had been up at a studio in west London pulling the multi-tracks apart and I was driving back to the rehearsal room to get to work. It only took a couple of listens for that song to burn itself forever into the brain. Even on a first listen, the degree to which people would take it to their hearts was completely obvious.

Up In Flames feels the same to me right now. It’s immense. I first heard it when the guys were sound-checking at the iTunes show. Apparently, Chris had started the song the previous night, so it was less than 24 hours old at that point. It was hypnotic in its simplicity, but devastatingly, achingly gorgeous. The final version has lost none of this and is a masterwork of restraint. It hasn’t been crammed with a million ideas and embellishments. Every part is there simply to enhance the emotional impact. I can only predict floods of tears in every quarter.

'hypnotic in its simplicity, but devastatingly, achingly gorgeous'

. . .

Can someone just invent a time machine already or something? :dozey: I mean really . . .

At this point I'm predicting UIF is going to sound like a cross between Fix You, The Scientist, and See You Soon :nod:

Haha, that is some mix. Maybe it doesn't sound like anything, just UIF, so it has its own sound. Its unique, the best songs are the unique ones. So who knows!?!? :smug2:

If Up in Flames is so great than Phil eventually tweeted really the order of the next singles...

"Paradise, Up in Flames, Princess of China..."?!

If Princess Of China is a single, Coldplay is set for success! Just my thought. I think POC is the best song from the new era... so far ;)