✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Politik 10th Anniversary

RazorEye

My favourite version is the one at the Grammys in 2003, when they played with the orchestra... A m a z i n g .

Politik

HAPPY BIRTHDAY POLITIK! :dance:

That's the first time i've seen that performance. It gave me chills, I've never seen Chris look so passionate during a song. It really was amazing.

Happy Birthday Politik!

And what does this have to do with the "B-Sides/EPs/Unreleased" section and multimedia in general?

Please guys, it took us a lot of time to rearrange all the topics in the proper sections, help us keep them organised and don't create useless threads like this.

Thank you

Maybe some of you aren't Americans, aren't old enough or just have a lack of understanding, but to celebrate the anniversary of a song that was shaped because an awful act is just idiotic and insensitive. A solemn remembrance is one thing. Goofy grins are embarrassing.

Of course 9/11 was a terrible event and was traumatizing for everybody (I was a kid but still perfectly remember that day). Celebrating the beauty of the song doesn't mean we're forgetting the awfulness of the event. And it doesn't have the same impact on me either : today I'm glad for having such a beautiful song, but that can't top the feeling I have anytime I remember 9/11...

Anyways, I will always love this song. It's Coldplay's best imo (and I'm afraid they'll never be able to top that), and one of my favourites all around.

For my part I do not care to mixed American politics, Bush & Co the attacks with a song by Coldplay. Coldplay made love songs.

sorry but when the musicians began singing for money, politics for the state, not interest the bands .

plus I do not think Chris is passionate and inspired about American politics. Chris is british .

For my part I do not care to mixed American politics, Bush & Co the attacks with a song by Coldplay. Coldplay made love songs.

sorry but when the musicians began singing for money, politics for the state, not interest the bands .

plus I do not think Chris is passionate and inspired about American politics. Chris is british .

If you don't think Chris is interested in American politics, then you don't know much about him.

I am sorry not know Chris

politrics U.S is known to be one of worst seen by the world outside, I had read in a newpaper politician. very long ago in the past . why be interested in their policy if in any case they consider themselves the most important power in the world.

and listen to any other countries them apart.

Maybe some of you aren't Americans, aren't old enough or just have a lack of understanding, but to celebrate the anniversary of a song that was shaped because an awful act is just idiotic and insensitive. A solemn remembrance is one thing. Goofy grins are embarrassing.

I'm American and I don't think it's insensitive. I think it's a great moment of feelings recorded by Coldplay that was inspired by something tragic.

I refuse to wallow in misery every 9-11. A lot of people died that day and they don't get the chance to enjoy life on Earth anymore. I think they would want us to be happy on this day rather than cry.

Tragedies happen in every country, every day that don't get any news coverage. I think this song covers a lot more than just 9-11 and America.

And what does this have to do with the "B-Sides/EPs/Unreleased" section and multimedia in general?

Please guys, it took us a lot of time to rearrange all the topics in the proper sections, help us keep them organised and don't create useless threads like this.

Thank you

How in the living hell did this thread somehow get into the Unreleased forums? I created this thread in the general Coldplay Forum and it's always been in the general Coldplay Forum. Please don't create useless posts like this one either. :angry:

That's the first time i've seen that performance. It gave me chills, I've never seen Chris look so passionate during a song. It really was amazing.

Happy Birthday Politik!

I had the same reaction! And violins make the song even more wonderful! :heart:

Happy birthday Politik!:thumbsup: Let me tell you the story of how I fell in love with this song...

I can hardly believe it now, but I had never even heard of this song until 2010! I wasn't even a fan of the band until I was introduced to them by borrowing my dad's copy of X&Y last year. After listening to it I was happily surprised by what I heard, and decided I would try out some of their earlier material. So, I went to the iTunes store to listen to some of the 30 second previews from AROBTTH. Of course I had already heard of The Scientist and Clocks (who hasn't???) but what was this song called Politik I had never heard of before? Overall the album seemed decent from what I had heard, but of course just hearing 30 seconds of each song could not have prepared me for what was to come when I finally had the whole album in my iTunes library... I listened to Politik for the first time and was shocked. How had I never heard this before??? As soon as the guitar riff kicks in after Chris finishes "Give me love over this" my eyes begin to water, and I know that this is no ordinary song. After hearing the rest of the album I am amazed that this masterpiece of a record had existed for over 8 years without my knowing.

Now whenever I hear the unmistakeable opening notes of Politik on in my iPod, I smile to myself knowing that the next 5mins 19seconds of my life will be amazing no matter what happens.

I was never aware that Politik had been written with the appalling events of 9/11 in mind until now, and this discovery only enhances the emotional impact that comes with this song whenever I hear it.

Here's hoping that in 10 years from now, Chris and the boys are still playing this beast of a song so that the audiences of the future can feel the same raw emotion that they felt 10 years ago. :D

moved to this forum, and then merged[/url] with your existing one.

i.e., it wasn't a useless post, so don't go all meow on her.

Okay. I Understand. It's just that I don't like my threads being called useless. On this Occasion, I can understand, but it's just that one word that's set me on fire until I realized.