✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Abstaining from new material until album release?

RunForTheHills

Well since as I am seeing them next week and according to the R 42's blog today: 3 new songs are being added to the setlist. So that will be impossible for me lol.

I hate you! Because im so jelous :cry:

Haha jk I dnt hate you, I hope you have lots and lots of fun! Almost as much fun as at Lollapalooza ;)

I will listen to Paradise and buy it on iTunes. Then the only song MX era songs i'll be listening to are Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall, Paradise, Major Minus & Moving To Mars, as we have studio version of those. I might listen to the live version of Paradise when it's on youtube, just to see how it comes across in it's live form.

DEFINITELY NOT listening to Don't Let It Break Your Heart or Up In Flames. I won't download a leak either!

Same here. Good deal man.

I hate you! Because im so jelous :cry:

Haha jk I dnt hate you, I hope you have lots and lots of fun! Almost as much fun as at Lollapalooza ;)

Don't hate me :( I don't think any show will compare to Lolla, so don't worry. I'm gonna take videos of the new songs they play :)

Well since as I am seeing them next week and according to the R 42's blog today: 3 new songs are being added to the setlist. So that will be impossible for me lol.

This. I'm looking forward to meeting you and Jen! And it looks like it will be Friday, unless we all get extremely lucky with this balcony tickets. Then we'll hear Paradise at least on Thursday!

I had already planned on buying and listening to Paradise. :) I wish I could abstain from DLIBYH and Up in Flames, but I'm going to Austin City Limits. I can't escape them! I'm not going to download them when I get home from the festival though, so that I will only have had heard them each only once during the live performance so they'll at least have some kind of freshness when I listen to the album on Oct 25th.

I think it´s all part of the new promotion plan as detailed on the Billboard article, but can anyone see what advantages this approach might have? Maybe entice new fans who come to the show to buy the album after hearing so many new tracks live? But then again, does a band as big as Coldplay need something like that? I just can´t seem to see why they are doing this.

Imma eat up that leak like candy. :)

LOL.

I'd like to be able to resist, but as I'm gonna continue to visit the forum on a daily basis and everyone who's heard Up in Flames will say it sounds devastatingly gorgeous just like Roadie 42 has promised...yeah, it's most likely that I won't be able to abstain.

No leak though. :phu: