✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Abstaining from new material until album release?

RunForTheHills

Will you be abstaining from listening to anymore new material until the album is eventually leaked / released?

I personally will probably listen to Paradise when it comes out on Monday, after that though I'll be making every effort to avoid the rest of the songs they plan to play live between now and late October. Usually I'd be all over any leaks before a big release like this one, but I can't help but think - at least for what is supposed to be a concept album - that debuting most of the album live like this will lessen the impact of the final product a little. Not having a dig - it just means that I'll have to exercise a little bit more self-control this time round :P

What about you guys?

I think it will be extremely difficult for you to resist the temptation. And it may happen you hear them by accident in a shop, a supermarket, a bar or someplace else.

Fingers crossed that you do succeed because I can partially relate to what you said.

As for me, I'll listen to the songs at the first likely opportunity. :awesome:

I will avoid all videos or informations from the upcoming festival performances.

Actually I didn't listen yet to the other new songs played live (HLH, us against the world, Charlie Brown).

If they make the cut, it will sound new for me ^^

I really think we'll have big surprises with the tracklisting. It won't be logical if most of the new album material has already been played.

it's my biggest worry,that there will only be one ore two songs i haven't heard before...I won't listen to Up in flames or DLIBYH until the album comes out. I will just download it to make sure i can listen to them in case they don't make it on Mylo Xyloto...

But I have my fingers crosses for them not playing all the songs of the album before it will be released...

We will listen to all the songs sooner or later, so what's the point on trying not to listen to them? I mean, it's not like the boys don't want you to listen to them, there is a reason why they are playing the songs before the album comes out :nod: Listening the songs for the first time when the album comes out won't make you a better fan.

Anyway, that's my opinion :)

It's likely that Coldplay will play Don't Let It Break Your Heart, Up In Flames and Paradise at the next festival concert. There's no way I'll be able to overcome the temptation to listen to them, particularly Up In Flames after what we've heard about it. That means I'll have heard 10 of the 14 songs on the album if MX is just an instrumental. I also have a feeling that one of the unheard songs is a short instrumental. There's no way they'd have another huge album like X&Y so they'll have a few shorter songs to keep the running time down.

I will listen to Paradise and buy it on iTunes. Then the only song MX era songs i'll be listening to are Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall, Paradise, Major Minus & Moving To Mars, as we have studio version of those. I might listen to the live version of Paradise when it's on youtube, just to see how it comes across in it's live form.

DEFINITELY NOT listening to Don't Let It Break Your Heart or Up In Flames. I won't download a leak either!

Yup, I need to hold off on any new songs (except for Paradise). That's how it always has been for me with every coldplay album. And I love that. I love having the cd and be excited to hear what's in it! :D

ah! It feels like forever ago that I've had this wonderful feeling of holding a new coldplay cd in my hands :dance: