✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Have they lost their minds?

mark55

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Osaka Sun
I love how the old fans are saying Yellow was deep. Paradise and ETIAW are far more complex songs sonically than anything on Parachutes was.

:shocked2:

I think it's been confirmed. Coldplay hasn't lost their minds, a crapload of their fans have.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q1rV3eNcVlQ]coldplay performing spies - YouTube[/ame]

Ok, let's make it simple.

Here are the second singles from LP1 - LP4.

Para, Para, Parachutes - Yellow

AROBTTH - The Scientist

X&Y - Fix You

VLVADAAHF - the title song

Is Paradise better than any of the above?

:lol: not even close.

ill not waste my time reading that big ass post, if some people dont like the new songs real fans dont really care, its always the same bullshit around a new album. so just stop crying about it and hear other songs :)

If you actually read the post, maybe you can understand some of the frustration that a lot of us have for the band

ill not waste my time reading that big ass post, if some people dont like the new songs real fans dont really care, its always the same bullshit around a new album. so just stop crying about it and hear other songs :)

It's like nobody can see why we're frustrated . . .bands are supposed to get BETTER as time goes on because they have more experience. Coldplay is completely the opposite. It's bad if I'm EMBARRASSED to call myself a Coldplay fan after ETIAW and Paradise.

I really cant understand whats the problem with the new songs oO Its a little different, so what?

All bands change their songs throughout their carreers, and is not about better or worse. Fans wants new songs, there they are :D And some will love, some will hate.

Its #1 on iTunes, so i say...The majority liked (Y)

I really cant understand whats the problem with the new songs oO Its a little different, so what?

All bands change their songs throughout their carreers, and is not about better or worse. Fans wants new songs, there they are :D And some will love, some will hate.

The majority also liked Justin Bieber, that doesn't exactly mean much.

I don't care that it's a different style, but if it's going to be a different style it better be a quality song, and Paradise falls very short of good quality.

Since when quality has to do with the number of sales?

The majority also liked Justin Bieber, that doesn't exactly mean much.

I don't care that it's a different style, but if it's going to be a different style it better be a quality song, and Paradise falls very short of good quality.

I agree.

I mean if you just look at that performance of Spies... what a great song! I mean they don't need any stupid outfits or over the top sounds or try to get teens to love their music there. They just play the songs they want.

My question to you all is do you honestly believe that if the band never made it popular, and just continued as an unknown artist that they would go from their most popular song at the time Yellow to Teardrop or Paradise?

I agree.

I mean if you just look at that performance of Spies... what a great song! I mean they don't need any stupid outfits or over the top sounds or try to get teens to love their music there. They just play the songs they want.

My question to you all is do you honestly believe that if the band never made it popular, and just continued as an unknown artist that they would go from their most popular song at the time Yellow to Teardrop or Paradise?

Ah, back when their music was sincere and beautiful. Not overproduced garbage.

And no, they'd probably still be making the early music that we love.

It's like nobody can see why we're frustrated . . .bands are supposed to get BETTER as time goes on because they have more experience. Coldplay is completely the opposite. It's bad if I'm EMBARRASSED to call myself a Coldplay fan after ETIAW and Paradise.

who said they're getting worse? it's your own opinion. To me they're just doing something different from their chords,something that can't be compared with the first albums. Singers are supposed to improve technically, artistically they are supposed to change their music and not doing always the same songs.

you think this new era sucks? ok it's your opinion,but what I can't stand is the way you do it, it's so irritating reading coldplay fans dissing coldplay on their forum. You just put too much drama in your words.

Anyway, its a really shame that people in here are not liking the new songs. I came here now because i only now got a chance to heard Paradise, and yes, i like it. I mean, its not a Scientist, a Talk or the best song they ever writed. But its really nice, and i can wait to see it live.

And like all their albuns, there are some songs people will not like...But i dont think you can say that Moving to Mars, ETIAW, Major Minus, Charlie Brown are all garbage overproduced....

who said they're getting worse? it's your own opinion. To me they're just doing something different from their chords,something that can't be compared with the first albums. Singers are supposed to improve technically, artistically they are supposed to change their music and not doing always the same songs.

you think this new era sucks? ok it's your opinion,but what I can't stand is the way you do it, it's so irritating reading coldplay fans dissing coldplay on their forum. You just put too much drama in your words.

Of course it's my opinion, but don't forget that it's also your opinion that they're getting better. Nobody is truly correct.

And as for singing technique improving, Chris's certainly hasn't. I can't watch a live video without wanting to shout at the screen "FOR FUCK'S SAKE AIR SUPPORT BRO".

We're not dissing, we're stating our opinion. We're not the ones releasing music.

And drama, sure. But I'm not lying. I don't tell anyone anymore that I'm a Coldplay fan. That's how bad they've become (yes, in my opinion! O: ). I merely listen to each single they put out and get more and more frustrated.

Yes, thats right. And man, if you look at the Chris voice on the new shows its much better, the band is improving. Yes the style is a little different so was Viva la Vida, so was X&Y when it came out. Every Album is a new album...

Anyway, its a really shame that people in here are not liking the new songs. I came here now because i only now got a chance to heard Paradise, and yes, i like it. I mean, its not a Scientist, a Talk or the best song they ever writed. But its really nice, and i can wait to see it live.

And like all their albuns, there are some songs people will not like...But i dont think you can say that Moving to Mars, ETIAW, Major Minus, Charlie Brown are all garbage overproduced....

With most albums there are a few exceptions. And out of all of the songs you listed the only one that I somewhat like is Moving to Mars. It reminds me of some of their earlier work and doesn't have a single "MOO MOO MOO MOVING" in there.

Charlie Brown is decent but it still is nowhere near as good as Coldplay can be. They have the potential and the talent, but they're not using it.

I personally am really impressed with 'Paradise' and I think that Coldplay have done the right thing about changing their direction with their music. They have allowed themselves to become more contemporary and subsequently will gain a new set of fans. Brian Eno has been Coldplay's saviour, he has made their music vibrant and colourful and I think more accessible for a lot of people. I have not read many positive comments about 'paradise' which I think is a shame, you can't blame Coldplay for wanting to produce music that is the type of genre lots of people love.

Im outta here, every music is unique for each one. And its all about what the music brings to your life, what it makes you fell. Im kinda sorry that some hard fans from this forum are giving up on Coldplay, but honestly? i don't care a bit and I really don't wanna waste my time discussing it. I have my tickets to rock in rio 10/01 and i can't wait to see them :)

Im outta here, every music is unique for each one. And its all about what the music brings to your life, what it makes you fell. Im kinda sorry that some hard fans from this forum are giving up on Coldplay, but honestly? i don't care a bit and I really don't wanna waste my time discussing it. I have my tickets to rock in rio 10/01 and i can't wait to see them :)

And I hope you have a wonderful time, honestly.

If you enjoy the music, then enjoy it and don't let anyone else's opinions influence that.

Actually I'm so disappointed by all of you, just a song you don't like and you are against Coldplay. Too many posts against this new era, I thought you would be more open-minded, but you're stuck in early 2000 and you can't see the good of this new Coldplay. That's a shame. I was outside in the garden, I was lookin' at the stars, here is midnight, and listenin' to Paradise and you know what? I was excited because I was there alone, without computer, without the web, without everyone's opinion confusing me and finally I listened there's still my Coldplay in Paradise, their essence is still in there, I really felt that those 4 guys who touched my heart years ago are still there, in that song. Maybe in ETIAW there's less "coldplay essence", but I can absolutely find it in Paradise and I'm satisfied with this.

I'm totally agree with you!!!

Thank you!!! :)

With most albums there are a few exceptions. And out of all of the songs you listed the only one that I somewhat like is Moving to Mars. It reminds me of some of their earlier work and doesn't have a single "MOO MOO MOO MOVING" in there.

Charlie Brown is decent but it still is nowhere near as good as Coldplay can be. They have the potential and the talent, but they're not using it.

IMO people like you prefer love sad songs over the more happy...I love happy songs, thats why i love Oasis more than all bands. Its like Noel sang "Im rich i have $50 million dollars in my account, wth would i sing only sad songs?".

Conclusion: Love the new happy songs, love all the collor, love the music. And man, they still make sad songs for the "true" fans. :laugh3:

Anyway, im outta here, got to go to bed.

I fully agree with the original poster.

A band as big as this has to push them self’s and change their sound each time.. that is understood. But this is a copy of American timberland crap! Its not inventive, im talking about the production,. They are not breaking ground, but using something that was out 3 years ago! It’s not even a new sound anymore! As for the song, just imagine Chris doing this alone on an acoustic, PARA PARA, Sorry but this is the beginning of the end, They peaked with AROBTTH and ever since there its getting worse. I love band and have seen them many times, front row. Im too don’t know how to defend them anymore.. where is that British indie rock bulls.. Shiver! That’s what Coldplay are, 4 great musicians smashing it and singing their hearts out!.

Im not disappointed, im really confused.. I just can’t understand what they are thinking. A guess the reality of their day to day lives is far different from us ordinary folk.. I love you Chris, but you’re way out of touch.

Im heartbroken and know many old fans will feel this way. Great if you love it, but to me that’s halo syndrome, you would love what ever they do and have not real perspective. You are like a football fan, they can do no wrong. At the end of the day I like great music, and in the last 10 years Coldplay have been leaders in that. But it looks like that just came to a blinding halt!