✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Have they lost their minds?

mark55

Yeah I don't know if I'd be listening to Paradise in 10 years, but then again I rarely listen to some Coldplay songs that are fairly old now. There's always atleast 1-2 songs from an era I tend to skip on the playlist so this isn't new to me and I won't rage about it. Of course this isn't one I'd skip if the mood is right.

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This post should be on the coldplaying first page, so the boys could read it and perhaps think about all this mess they are doing now. It looks like Eno doesn't give a shit about boys, he just drops some lame ideas which boys took too serious. At least it looks like that. Or perhaps they lost their mojo.

believe me they don;t give a shit of what we think

believe me they don;t give a shit of what we think

That's not true. They read twitter, critics and other stuff, because they are making music for masses. Also they are really nervous about all this new direction from interviews. They somehow knows it's not very good songs.

Actually I'm so disappointed by all of you, just a song you don't like and you are against Coldplay. Too many posts against this new era, I thought you would be more open-minded, but you're stuck in early 2000 and you can't see the good of this new Coldplay. That's a shame. I was outside in the garden, I was lookin' at the stars, here is midnight, and listenin' to Paradise and you know what? I was excited because I was there alone, without computer, without the web, without everyone's opinion confusing me and finally I listened there's still my Coldplay in Paradise, their essence is still in there, I really felt that those 4 guys who touched my heart years ago are still there, in that song. Maybe in ETIAW there's less "coldplay essence", but I can absolutely find it in Paradise and I'm satisfied with this.

This is one of the greatest threads (and first posts!) I've ever read. Good to see there's still reasonable people on here. For a second I was afraid the board had divided into two sides - 'Coldplay are dead' vs 'Omg you guys are not real fans if you don't love everything' - both being equally ignorant and blank.

I did see this 'new direction' coming and I think that's why I'm able to very much enjoy Paradise at the moment. I'm not saying it's good, but I also won't ever hate it. Not because I blindly refuse to dislike, just because somehow it appeals to me. (While ETIAW didn't.)

As an AROBTTH worshipper, I feel like apologizing for liking the song. I completely understand where everyone is coming from.

What I really want to stress however, has been said before but didn't get enough attention:

Please don't forget, we already have songs like Hurts Like Heaven, Charlie Brown, Us Against The World, which most people seem to appreciate. Then Major Minus and Moving To Mars. That's five out of seven new songs, that are generally considered decent. There's fourteen tracks on MX, from which we've heard six. Only two are really bad for most people in this thread. (I think?) Still twelve left that have the potential to be at least okay.

No, they have not lost their minds. (Only Chris has. :P) They showed us some good new songs. And even if you don't think those are good enough, please wait judging the whole album until October 24.

I will eat my Teardrop vinyl if MX sucks completely.

OK

Can anyone else recall Chris saying at the Christmas gig in 2009 saying to fans the album would be more acoustic and sound smaller? WHATEVER HAPPENED TO THIS!?!?! :(

Also, they should have released charlie brown as the next single...Charlie Brown is better by a landslide.

^^Ugh. I am so sick of that already.

Everyone can have their own opinion. Everyone should be able to express said opinion... And it just seems like everywhere is just burning down around us with flame wars. The 'true fans' are just dishing hate, the 'bad fans' are just retaliating...

We all need some Jeremy Kyle/Jerry Springer moderation at the moment.

Guest Osaka Sun
No, they have not lost their minds. (Only Chris has. :P)

He has to be smoking something.

Para, Para, Para, Parad-

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umDr0mPuyQc]NO GOD! PLEASE NO!!! NOOOOOOOOOO - YouTube[/ame]

Let's hope some of the live songs turn out well on the album. I'm really worried for next month.

Actually I'm so disappointed by all of you, just a song you don't like and you are against Coldplay. Too many posts against this new era, I thought you would be more open-minded, but you're stuck in early 2000 and you can't see the good of this new Coldplay. That's a shame. I was outside in the garden, I was lookin' at the stars, here is midnight, and listenin' to Paradise and you know what? I was excited because I was there alone, without computer, without the web, without everyone's opinion confusing me and finally I listened there's still my Coldplay in Paradise, their essence is still in there, I really felt that those 4 guys who touched my heart years ago are still there, in that song. Maybe in ETIAW there's less "coldplay essence", but I can absolutely find it in Paradise and I'm satisfied with this.

Wait wait wait, as soon as we have an opinion different than "COLDPLAY ARE AMAZING OH EM GEE PARADISE IS THE BEST SONG EVER!!!!!!11111111111111111" then we "can't see the good of this new Coldplay"?

What if there is nothing good to discuss with the new Coldplay material, hm?

Guest Osaka Sun

Ok, let's make it simple.

Here are the second singles from LP1 - LP4.

Para, Para, Parachutes - Yellow

AROBTTH - The Scientist

X&Y - Fix You

VLVADAAHF - the title song

Is Paradise better than any of the above?

I still don't understand how they can make a masterpiece that is Moving to Mars (and cut off the album) and create something like Paradise. Everybody loved Moving to Mars (fans and non fans).

Let's go back to Christmas Lights, amazing song! WTF happen Coldplay? Yes you lost your minds...