✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The Sickening Chris Martin Quote About Rihanna

woohoo37

"We did a show in Las Vegas and I met her and said, 'Do you think there's any chance?' I was very Hugh Grant-like and spluttering about it."

Really Chris? Really? Your better than that. As someone said in another thread it all leads back to Gwyneth. How did the rest of the band agree to this? Also what is wrong with Kylie? I liked Luna.

Jay-Z was bad but this is a whole new level, at least you could just ignore that version of Lost.

Sadly the worst thing to happen to this band was to get this big. The same thing happened to U2. They just got so conceited. Still MM & MTM has given me hope. I also hope they ditch Eno as well.

Maybe this will be Coldplay's "Hot Space" ;)

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dunno why people are hating on Eno, he actually makes very good music (Another Green World, Plateaux of the Mirror anybody?).

But Coldplay is dead to me now. They've lost all my respect

I don't hate Eno I basically meant he's been on two albums now I think that is enough?

I dunno why people are hating on Eno, he actually makes very good music (Another Green World, Plateaux of the Mirror anybody?).

But Coldplay is dead to me now. They've lost all my respect

aren't you a little bit exagerated? you've got the right to feel disappointed, but just for one song (or two I don't know if you don't like both Paradise and ETIAW) you don't respect them anymore? after 10 years, amazing epic outstanding songs and great albums you have completly lost faith in Coldplay? to me it's a little bit early to not trust them anymore. I know this thing with Rihanna is unbelievable (negatively) but we can get over it.

OMG. Now we're blaming it on Gwyneth?

LMAO!!!!

Let's see...they have been together for 9 years, and now you want to blame her because you don't like a Coldplay song. That's the lamest thing I've ever heard.

It's not just one song it's more her influence on him and her circle of friends.

It's not just one song it's more her influence on him and her circle of friends.

damn it !!! do you know everything exactly about his private life ? i dont think so !!! so and finally they got more members in the band than only Chris. Wtf,we´re discussing about their circle of friends...what a shame....Please Guys of Coldplay, dont read in this forum anymore....

pff c'mon you don't know them personally so don't judge them -.- Gwyneth's been married to CM since 2003, what about X&Y, Gwyneth had too much influence in that album too? If you're a true Coldplay fan you don't talk shit like that. If you hate the album & think the members of Coldplay can't think for themselves, don't buy the album and go flame somewhere else.

Gwyneth, evil EMI influence, Brian Eno...I understand some fans might be hurt but seriously just blame it on Coldplay if you have to blame anyone and even then they are only guilty of joyously boldly presenting the work they are so excited about. How can this be wrong? How can anyone be at all be blamed for being passionate and doing what they like? I guess it´s much harder to admit Coldplay did not meet some people´s expectations and they actually were never under obligation to in the first place

All these people hating on Rihanna...don't judge a book by its cover! (sorry about that) You've got to hear the song first, don't assume it's going to be bad because Rihanna's in it, you never know, it might be a great mix, I mean you've already heard it, most people thought it was the best of the unreleased songs, but now the biased opinion takes over once it's heard that Rihanna's in it. So what if she's a chart topper? I say it's going to be good and I'm not saying a word of judgement until I've heard the final version, it's pathetic just saying "oh it's going to be so bad" or "This is the downfall of Coldplay" just because it's Rihanna. Fair enough if you think it's the style of music they've taken, but the whole thing about her destroying people's opinions is weird, and you can't make assumptions just yet, wait until the release THEN pass your judgements.

And it's not Gwyneth's fault, don't play the Yoko Ono card on mr Martin! It's the style of music THEY want to do, like Muse and The Resistance, Radiohead and Kid A and things like that (not comparing quality of music but stylistic shifts). I say with the negative and "downfall of coldplay" it is in fact all the haters who are to blame, forcing the constantly negative opinion on the popular music direction they're taking.

Rant...over.

pff c'mon you don't know them personally so don't judge them -.- Gwyneth's been married to CM since 2003, what about X&Y, Gwyneth had too much influence in that album too? If you're a true Coldplay fan you don't talk shit like that. If you hate the album & think the members of Coldplay can't think for themselves, don't buy the album and go flame somewhere else.

Oh dear the old true Coldplay fan thing.

There is no such thing.

I just don't like my favourite band for the last 10 years stooping this low that's all.

I'm seriously disappointed because of this news :( I mean, they can do a duet with anyone, that's ok with me, I wasn't bothered when they released Lhuna with Kylie Minogue, but Rihanna?? I just can't see that woman, and now she's going to be in a song by my favourite band? Dear god, this is just bad news. What's happening with you Chris??