✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The Sickening Chris Martin Quote About Rihanna

woohoo37

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All these people hating on Rihanna...don't judge a book by its cover! (sorry about that) You've got to hear the song first, don't assume it's going to be bad because Rihanna's in it, you never know, it might be a great mix, I mean you've already heard it, most people thought it was the best of the unreleased songs, but now the biased opinion takes over once it's heard that Rihanna's in it. So what if she's a chart topper? I say it's going to be good and I'm not saying a word of judgement until I've heard the final version, it's pathetic just saying "oh it's going to be so bad" or "This is the downfall of Coldplay" just because it's Rihanna. Fair enough if you think it's the style of music they've taken, but the whole thing about her destroying people's opinions is weird, and you can't make assumptions just yet, wait until the release THEN pass your judgements.

And it's not Gwyneth's fault, don't play the Yoko Ono card on mr Martin! It's the style of music THEY want to do, like Muse and The Resistance, Radiohead and Kid A and things like that (not comparing quality of music but stylistic shifts). I say with the negative and "downfall of coldplay" it is in fact all the haters who are to blame, forcing the constantly negative opinion on the popular music direction they're taking.

Rant...over.

since January Rhianna that will work with Coldplay, it was on a french newspaper.

http://ww.coldplaying.com/forum/showthread.php?t=74868

"

Jay-Z was bad but this is a whole new level, at least you could just ignore that version of Lost.

I'm agree, with Lost, we had the choice for song with JayZ or whithout JayZ... But Princess of China seems to be one song only WITH Rihanna... It could be better if it's as Lost! One version with and one version without... :)

I'm fine with Rihanna being featured. She's got a cool voice and has used it on some awesome tracks. But after hearing Paradise, I'm concerned about Coldplay's ability to pull off the hip-pop sound effectively--with or without Rihanna.

AH Yes I would be worried too if I thought they were trying to pull off a full hip-hop sound. :shocked2: But as in Viva I thought the south-american rhythms were very subtle yet present, so I think in MX the hip-hop beats, for lack of better term, will also be present, yet subtle.

It's not just one song it's more her influence on him and her circle of friends.

I agree. Now I can't say that I'm true because I don't know their private life that well.. or at all but just face it Gwyntards. She's rich and has richity rich friends like Jay-Z, Beyonce and other popular artists because it makes her relevant. You know who else they could collaborate with? Like how Gena said, Florence Welch. It wouldn't fit that well, or with any collaborations really because Coldplay doing that is just dumb, and any band like Weezer is just dumb for doing this.

Gwyneth, evil EMI influence, Brian Eno...I understand some fans might be hurt but seriously just blame it on Coldplay if you have to blame anyone and even then they are only guilty of joyously boldly presenting the work they are so excited about. How can this be wrong? How can anyone be at all be blamed for being passionate and doing what they like? I guess it´s much harder to admit Coldplay did not meet some people´s expectations and they actually were never under obligation to in the first place

My mother once said, "If you hang out with negative people it will influence" If they weren't in the picture they would still have a DANM SOUL.

THEN STOP POSTING SUCH A SHIT ABOUT GWYNETH !!! you know nothing !

you're DUMB !!!

Uh...yeah.

I'm going to have to leave this thread. I'm literally embarrassed for you.

I LAUGH AT YOU~

AH Yes I would be worried too if I thought they were trying to pull off a full hip-hop sound. :shocked2: But as in Viva I thought the south-american rhythms were very subtle yet present, so I think in MX the hip-hop beats, for lack of better term, will also be present, yet subtle.

There is nothing south-american about Viva La Vida :| Believe me :nod:

"We did a show in Las Vegas and I met her and said, 'Do you think there's any chance?' I was very Hugh Grant-like and spluttering about it."

Really Chris? Really? Your better than that. As someone said in another thread it all leads back to Gwyneth. How did the rest of the band agree to this? Also what is wrong with Kylie? I liked Luna.

Jay-Z was bad but this is a whole new level, at least you could just ignore that version of Lost.

Sadly the worst thing to happen to this band was to get this big. The same thing happened to U2. They just got so conceited. Still MM & MTM has given me hope. I also hope they ditch Eno as well.

Maybe this will be Coldplay's "Hot Space" ;)

Yeah it's indeed a quote that i cant believe.

Rihanna is not only a bad muscian,but she's also fucking ugly.like a throll.

files_troll_2.jpg

The Continuing Evolution of Coldplay. From a small little acoustic band to a sampling, manufactured music supporting monster!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jkMGf2_NKvs]Coldplay-The Scientist (Acoustic) - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tB-GWZl1fVM]Coldplay - " Every Teardrop is a Waterfall " ( Mylo Xyloto ) HQ Live @ Rock am Ring Festival:Germany - YouTube[/ame]

An EPIC downfall.

rihanna and coldplay sounds similar, take a listen to this song

they love the same kind of beats

and support by Avril on I'm With You song and you have Rhianna Princess of China on 3.13

she is a true girl because this song

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-WfwZmJSpM&feature=related]Rihanna-Cry [My Official Music Video] - YouTube[/ame]

here on Paradise and Princess of China is influense by the R&B of Rhianna a little

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6ZWlDks0nQ]Coldplay - Paradise (Official) - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8yFalEHVo8&feature=related]Coldplay - Princess Of China (with Lyrics) - YouTube[/ame]