✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Am I the only one here...

Strawberry Swinger

...who finds this song nothing special? I risk to be buried alive here I know,but I've heard it 100 times and still it seems mediocre to me. It is however far more original than Paradise and ETIAW to me, but I just... I don't know, I find it not good enough. It's just not a song that stays in my mind,it's not very authentic to me.

Not trying to make people hate the song (i don't hate it either) but I just wanna see if someone shares my thoughts, before the Rihanna version appears and then some go against it...?

EDIT: wow,I just see how many times I've said "to me" but I strongly wanna point out that is my opinion and not facts of course :D

Its okay and we have to accept your opinion. Its your taste, so no problem to post it here.

Princess of China for me is another song which will polarize the community. I predict lots of "oh my god this is so overproduced and not Coldplay" comments and on the other side lots of "oh god this is soo good!" comments.

When you don't like the song, its ok but hopefully the studio version will be mind-blowing for you and you change your opinion about this song (which I really love). ;)

PS: Personally I think this song is another one which is so different but a bit more melody based than Paradise. For sure I see some similarities in these songs but I definitely am more excited to hear PoC. Its a song which shows the in my honest opinion great developement of Coldplay. But thats just my taste.

• 4 weeks later...

Im not fond of the crappy live version but I'm giving it the benefice of the doubt until I hear the real thing.

You must really hate ETIAW and Paradise if you think that the bootlegged, hurt your ears, cat screaming version of POC that has nothing special for you is still better than those songs :laugh3:

I think that Princess Of China wouldn't be that much of a highlight from Mylo. Personally, I think the song will be great, knowing that Rhianna will be on there. She is my favorite featuring artist. She is crap as a solo artist, though. Like Ludacris.

I'm ridiculously excited about it. I'm less ridiculously excited with Rihanna and all... but I'm still ridiculously excited. The crap-quality live version is still amazing. The bass drops, the synthesizers, the chord changes -- it's all beautifully structured to me (unlike Paradise, which I think of as Princess of China's annoying, half-retarded, less adept sibling).

...who finds this song nothing special? I risk to be buried alive here I know,but I've heard it 100 times and still it seems mediocre to me. It is however far more original than Paradise and ETIAW to me, but I just... I don't know, I find it not good enough. It's just not a song that stays in my mind,it's not very authentic to me.

Not trying to make people hate the song (i don't hate it either) but I just wanna see if someone shares my thoughts, before the Rihanna version appears and then some go against it...?

EDIT: wow,I just see how many times I've said "to me" but I strongly wanna point out that is my opinion and not facts of course :D

I know what you mean.. im kinda shocked aswell that everyone adores this Song and i dont know why.

I also like the Song but cant share the feeling that it's so very Special.

It's way better than Major Minus - which is in my Opinion the "worst" Song.

I know what you mean.. im kinda shocked aswell that everyone adores this Song and i dont know why.

I also like the Song but cant share the feeling that it's so very Special.

It's way better than Major Minus - which is in my Opinion the "worst" Song.

Major Minus is just form the men theme for said "men not need of women"

worst or stupid song is same

Major Minus is one of the few actual rock songs by Coldplay. :thinking: Hence it cannot be the worst. Go for The World Turned Upside Down instead :sneaky:

In my Opinion.

The Song is ok but wouldnt listen to it a few times.

It's just their weakest Song of the Era til now in my View.