✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[9-Dec-2011] Coldplay @ O2 Arena, London, UK

I am feeling pretty gutted at the moment, but I am pretty certain they will announce dates for the 02 Arena on 10 December, and 11 December. I hope so anyway. I am disabled and by 10.40am on Friday morning, the first line I got through to said, sorry all sold out, keep checking the Internet.

I am pretty certain that they will do the 10th of December! status quo are at the 02 Arena on the 11th of December though.

• Replies 716
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am pretty certain that they will do the 10th of December! status quo are at the 02 Arena on the 11th of December though.

If they haven't announced it now, it isn't going to happen.

Hate to be blunt (and apologies to those who didn't get tickets) but what did you expect?

Take that sold about half a million tickets in 30 minutes earlier in the year so abut 40,000 for Coldplay aren't going to be around for long.

This problem has been around for as long as TicketMaster and if the bands are happy with it (they don't appear to be doing anything about it) then it'll stay like that.

Be grateful there was a 2-ticket limit else a lot more people will miss out. From my experience, people at the companies (Ticketmaster, See Tickets et al) save a lot of tickets for themselves and friends before they go on official sale so that, come sale time, there aren't many left.

The fact that that maing "secondary ticket" website is owned and run by the main ticketing website stinks as far as I'm concerned but, as I say, the bands and record companies keep quiet so it'll just carry on.

If they haven't announced it now, it isn't going to happen.

Hate to be blunt (and apologies to those who didn't get tickets) but what did you expect?

Take that sold about half a million tickets in 30 minutes earlier in the year so abut 40,000 for Coldplay aren't going to be around for long.

This problem has been around for as long as TicketMaster and if the bands are happy with it (they don't appear to be doing anything about it) then it'll stay like that.

Be grateful there was a 2-ticket limit else a lot more people will miss out. From my experience, people at the companies (Ticketmaster, See Tickets et al) save a lot of tickets for themselves and friends before they go on official sale so that, come sale time, there aren't many left.

The fact that that maing "secondary ticket" website is owned and run by the main ticketing website stinks as far as I'm concerned but, as I say, the bands and record companies keep quiet so it'll just carry on.

see, you mention take that, they're a perfect example for a band that released more dates a week after the tickets went on sale... i haven't got my hopes to high, but it would make a lot of sense to add another London date. they've done it before, they may do it again.

yeah, i totally agree, that it won't change. ever. all the bands can do is add more dates so a higher percentage of true fans can see without going against the ticket companies. you never know though, this could turn out just like the phone scandal by the newspapers in a few years time...

I really feel for all you guys who didn't manage to get tickets - I'm a genuine fan but I guess I was lucky on the presale and managed to refresh at the right time...

Do any of you guys know how early you'd have to start queuing to be at the front of the standing area? Any tips on what you need e.g. food etc and how toilets and stuff work? I've never queued for a really long time so need any advice I can get!

I really feel for all you guys who didn't manage to get tickets - I'm a genuine fan but I guess I was lucky on the presale and managed to refresh at the right time...

Do any of you guys know how early you'd have to start queuing to be at the front of the standing area? Any tips on what you need e.g. food etc and how toilets and stuff work? I've never queued for a really long time so need any advice I can get!

How toilets work? Really? Just make friends in the queue and people will look after your place. The O2 can start a queue when the front doors are open in the morning. Eat and drink well early (there are plenty of food establishments but better to bring your own) so when the arena doors are open, dispose of any food left and just make sure you won't need a break for at least 4 hours.

Good luck!

You mention the o2 starts the queue when the morning doors open...what time is that and what happens to people who arrive earlier than that?

No idea when the front door opens - why not email them, there's a contact address on the website. I'm sure if you arrive earlier than that you will get very cold. It's December!

In December 2008 they had two initial dates, and then added a third due to demand. You could buy up to four tickets. No-one (that I know of - and I know a LOT of people who went) missed out, either on the initial sales or on resales to friends or fellow fans.

The touts and resellers-for-profit did NOT generally make a killing on those gigs, because the real fans, if they looked hard enough, could get them at decent prices.

Fast-forward three years and it seems a huge number of tickets have gone to touts and resellers-for-profit, while many fans haven't been able to get tickets. This is disgusting.

Sick and disabled people who need more than one person to help them attend, could not even go to this concert. Families with children (yes, you do need more than one parent when you are with at least one young child for peace of mind!!) could not even go.

Groups of friends of two or more could not go together.

Presumably this was anti-tout/reselling-for-profit, but look at the listings - this has not worked.

The only thing it's done is screw over the true fans/the sick and disabled/families/those hoping to take children/groups of friends.

Absolutely disgusting.

Many thanks, is that the only one at present, does anyone know? With only around 70 signatures so far it makes it a long journey from here on in, and I think something has to be done now, but I'll add it to my sig :)

Very well said. I'm very disappointed the band or their crew haven't explained or addressed the issues with this tour and their tickets. Their facebook comments are full of disheartened fans, how can you ignore this!?

If it's true as someone said that Ticketmaster's staff and friends save tickets for themselves it might explain why so many touts have got their hands on tickets. I've shared the petition around and will continue to do so. Perhaps a band like Coldplay is what is needed to generate enough people and interest in sorting out ticket merchants!

Well fortunately I am one of the luckier sick and disabled people, as I only need one other person to come along with me, but I am totally behind the post that claims none of the real fans got tickets, I also think it is disgusting, I hope if they do add more dates, they do not let any of the same people book up again. I just hope if they do announce more dates, the number for the disabled line cannot be got so easily as it is totally unfair for the real fans, who are sick and disabled. Just like me.

Well fortunately I am one of the luckier sick and disabled people, as I only need one other person to come along with me, but I am totally behind the post that claims none of the real fans got tickets, I also think it is disgusting, I hope if they do add more dates, they do not let any of the same people book up again. I just hope if they do announce more dates, the number for the disabled line cannot be got so easily as it is totally unfair for the real fans, who are sick and disabled. Just like me.

Damn it fell onto work's silly season weekend where pretty much all the messes on camp are having their christmas balls (currently it's 10 balls, with another 6 messes still to decide the dates) that weekend, so no time off for me (as I like the extra money for working the functions) :(

Ticket organisers should do ballots for when big bands do tours, to give working fans a chance of buying for face value, the dates were announced on a Tuesday for sale on the Friday, if your stuck at work with no chance of getting holiday or a late start you are pretty much screwed with a 2 ticket limit.

I am beginning to lose hope of them announcing a second date at the 02 over christmas, but you never know, maybe nearer Mylo Xylotos release, they will announce an extra/ extra dates over christmas, and announce the spring tour at the same time. I have been getting to grips with the EA Creation Centre all day, as I got my pre-ordered copy of Fifa 12 from Amazon yesterday morning, I am playing as Crawley Town in League 2 as they are my local league team. I have just added the Blue Square Premier, and Blue Square South into the game, it is a cracking game. Come on Coldplay, announce some news you know we deserve it.

When do you reckon Ticketmaster will dispatch the tickets? Never ordered from them in the UK before.

As long as I don't have the ticket in my hands, I will probably not get rid of the feeling that something might go horribly wrong with my credit card and I'll end up with a cancelled order.

When do you reckon Ticketmaster will dispatch the tickets? Never ordered from them in the UK before.

As long as I don't have the ticket in my hands, I will probably not get rid of the feeling that something might go horribly wrong with my credit card and I'll end up with a cancelled order.

Glad I'm not the only one worrying about this! LOL.. Good to know some of you have them already.. I'm in the UK too, so hopefully it won't be too long before I have them in my grasp! :D