✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[9-Dec-2011] Coldplay @ O2 Arena, London, UK

I was fairly confident they would have added a second London date this morning. I still think they will, but unfortunately it will probably be advertisied in advance, and we will have to go through the same thing again. If they just added them around 10:30 as in the past, fans still trying to get tickets would have been able to purchase them. Now they will just end up in the hands of touts again.

• Replies 716
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is kind of what I thought but I didn't want to express my views for fear of aggravating people. Obviously people from other countries apart from England are entitled to purchase tickets for the London show(s), but part of me wishes that they would just wait until the band performed in their own country so there are more tickets left for the British fans.

but the atmosphere in the uk so special, cause they're a british band and that's my reason why I prefer gigs in the uk instead of germany. it's not the same feeling here...

Please, Coldplay, release a second date for the O2 Arena London, and make a rule that noone who has tickets for the Friday can buy tickets for the Saturday. Otherwise, the touts that bought Friday's tickets will just return and buy Saturday's tickets. :(

Just done a 'Who's Going' for the first page. Let me know if I've missed you off :)

Who's Going:

• AnnaElisabeth
  • bakera
  • BonSpeirs
  • chrismott
  • CJWG
  • Claire-Louise
  • comicforce
  • englishrose
  • Jack1505
  • JamesR2
  • Jason-DeBord
  • johkujii
  • **Laura**
  • Lawliet89
  • LINNEAH
  • Mari*ColdplayLover*
  • Mimixxx
  • nathey42
  • Nattatouille
  • PlayingCold
  • sar74
  • _Tash
  • tmcd1989
  • VitaminZ
  • ziva

They should have just posted them as evilelvis said straight after the first sale. Just advertising new dates once again will not only annoy those who have just paid out like £300+ for Friday tickets but give touts another easy shot at more tickets.

It's a terrible state the way the economics of our country work nowadays.

If they don't release new dates anyway then Coldplay management have seriously just become a joke.

I'm over here in the U.S. so I wouldn't be going to any of these shows anyway, but I just want to echo everybody's thoughts on how broken the ticket/Ticketmaster system is. I'm sure it will be the same exercise in futility trying to get tickets for shows in the states next year. It's very annoying when fans of the band can't get tickets because scalpers want to make a quick buck.

[/u]

• BonSpeirs

Great list but.. it's Ben! ;D

And I gave in to a tout and paid 200 for 2 standing tickets.. gutted but this is going to be the best gig of my life, no doubt, I think it was worth paying.

Nothing to do with the girlfriend who specifically said GET STANDING to which I said I'LL TAKE CARE OF IT at all!

In December 2008 they had two initial dates, and then added a third due to demand. You could buy up to four tickets. No-one (that I know of - and I know a LOT of people who went) missed out, either on the initial sales or on resales to friends or fellow fans.

The touts and resellers-for-profit did NOT generally make a killing on those gigs, because the real fans, if they looked hard enough, could get them at decent prices.

Fast-forward three years and it seems a huge number of tickets have gone to touts and resellers-for-profit, while many fans haven't been able to get tickets. This is disgusting.

Sick and disabled people who need more than one person to help them attend, could not even go to this concert. Families with children (yes, you do need more than one parent when you are with at least one young child for peace of mind!!) could not even go.

Groups of friends of two or more could not go together.

Presumably this was anti-tout/reselling-for-profit, but look at the listings - this has not worked.

The only thing it's done is screw over the true fans/the sick and disabled/families/those hoping to take children/groups of friends.

Absolutely disgusting.

Many thanks, is that the only one at present, does anyone know? With only around 70 signatures so far it makes it a long journey from here on in, and I think something has to be done now, but I'll add it to my sig :)

If you were going to, use getmein which is an affiliate of Ticketmaster. eBay could be any random spotty kid after your £££.

I've used ebay for seven years for an awful lot of concert tickets without any problems whatsoever. Check the sellers out carefully before buying and it is fine.

I wouldn't use getmein even if it was the last, or only, resort. I use Ticketmaster when I have to for tickets but I don't trust them (and personally believe they're at the heart of the stitch up of tickets with touts). I reckon tickets go directly from Ticketmaster to touts and/or letmein, where they sell them for hundreds of pounds more.

I'm prepared to 'deal with devil' by buying face value tickets from Ticketmaster, but won't go near them for anything else.

I've had a look on ebay for these tickets. How on earth can touts manage to get hold of so many tickets? The first auction I came across (£169 each for standing) had ten tickets for sale! I just don't understand how one person can manage to get so many tickets, while us the fans are struggling to even get one. *grumble*

Big cry! :(

I am absolutely gutted as well!! :( I'm moving back to London from NYC in Nov and woke up at 4am (US time) to try for tix on both days but failed to get any ;( I just want to echo everyone's thoughts on how utterly disgusting it is indeed!!...that scalpers are scooping them and devoted Coldplay fans have to suffer.

And thanks for reminding me of how absolutely mental it is to be paying a bloody 200 to even 300 pounds!! for a ticket through sites like Getmein! I paid nearly 200 for a seat miles away from the stage at Wembley two years ago. But tried to comfort myself saying it was an extra special one..as it's the last gig of the epic Viva tour, it's in their hometown, it's an excellent support lineup etc.. I absolutely had time of my life at that gig...but not sure if I can afford all of that again this year :(

I only pray that a new date is added or play once more in London soon...would love to catch them early on in their tour...while a lot of the songs still feel fresh to the boys.

Thanks so much again for your sharing your stories...and for taking the time to read mine...as non extra-ordinary as it is :( I am sad but also comforted by the similar stories in this forum...

Fingers-crossed for a second London gig date!

I was very lucky to get a ticket,,nearly missed out when i turned down one ticket,then it kept sayin no matches for what i wanted then eventually another came up! phew it was stressfull! havin to book coach as well and enter all my details was longest moments of my life! hope you guys who were unfortunate get some in the end :)

I'm so glad I bought those Upper Tier tickets during the presales rather than waiting to see if I could get anything better in the general sale. I now feel priveledged that we will be going at all.

Bad luck to those that missed out - surely they must be planning more dates.

This is kind of what I thought but I didn't want to express my views for fear of aggravating people. Obviously people from other countries apart from England are entitled to purchase tickets for the London show(s), but part of me wishes that they would just wait until the band performed in their own country so there are more tickets left for the British fans.

I can understand, but if you were in our shoes (try to think as non UKer because they play there for sure) would you sit and wait to see if by mistake and who-knows-when they're going to announce a date in your country or try to go abroad and see them in their hometown while you can?

I am feeling pretty gutted at the moment, but I am pretty certain they will announce dates for the 02 Arena on 10 December, and 11 December. I hope so anyway. I am disabled and by 10.40am on Friday morning, the first line I got through to said, sorry all sold out, keep checking the Internet.