✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[15-Dec-2011] Coldplay @ Lanxess Arena, Cologne, Germany

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^aww thanks for all pics... Did somebody get any new shape confetties? Could you share pictures of them? I saw some new confetti figures previous pages...amazing! I hope that we could have all mx shapes confetties.

I'll do my best to post a pic this afternoon, as well as a few scans of local newspaper reports...

Oh wow. That was the best concert I've ever seen, hands down. So many nice surprises, so many overwhelming effects, the band were as good and as loud as I've never heard them before. Chris was highpowering through the 100 minutes, sang really great.

Love the Xylobands! Audience went bonkers when they turned on. Where I stood the audience was really great. Everyone going nuts, singing along and having a good time!

I got to the venue at 6pm. Actually I'm really sick and only medicaments could bring me on my feet, thats why I was so late. But nevertheless I found a good spot in the 2nd row at the left corner of the stagewalk, right in the middle of everything. For the concert I forgot about my condition and sang along, jumped, clapped, yelled - everything :laugh3: Today I have the biggest throat pain I've ever head, my ears are still numb and every single move hurts everywhere. :thinking:

But during the concert all of that was gone, the music had a (shorttime) healing function and I was sooo happy!

I don't regret anything, alone the moment where the Xylobands turned on was worth the money and trouble.

Setlist was great, a good mixture and the live versions of the MX-songs made me like them more, before I was kind of sceptic regarding a couple songs. Only song I didn't really care about was Up In Flames, they could have done Princes of China with the supporting act (who was quite good, really!) instead. But again, that's only my personal taste :rolleyes:

All in all it was an astonishing, remarkable, over-the-top awesome night and I'm thinking of buying tickets for next years' stadium concert in Cologne. I fear, though, that the venue last night was more suitable for this kind of concert than an open-air stadium...

What an evening! It was awesome. More later.

My two highlights: I ran into Roadie #42. I jst said "Hello. You are Roadie #42, aren't you?". He said "Yes, I am. How do you know?". I told him that I am very often at Coldplaying.com etc. I said him that I like his blogposts. And he said he is going to try to do one for the Cologne Show, but cannot promise it as it is quite hectic before Christmas. He had to leave quickly to continue his preparations.

Such a nice guy. And he wears funny glasses.

My other higlight: Charlie Brown. Epic Performance. And Will was phenomenal the whole evening.:D:D

Hallo Zusammen,

hier ein Bericht der WAZ zum Konzert in Köln:cool:

http://www.derwesten.de/kultur/musik/coldplay-feiern-grosses-konzert-in-der-koelnarena-id6167951.html

Und dann noch ein Link zur EinsLive Bildergalarie vom Konzert in Köln :)

http://www.wdr.de/Fotostrecken/einslive/musik/Konzertgalerien/2011/12/111215_coldplay_arena.jsp

Gruß Volker

Hallo bebe007,

das aktivieren der Xylobänder bestand darin einen Plastikstreifen mit einer Zange an der seite rauszuziehen und zu schauen ob es dabei aufblinkt.

Pete der das mit den Xylobänder organisiert hat, hat Sie dann später mit einem Laptop über Funk aktiviert das sah echt cool aus wie Sie alle oder nur nach Farben der Bänder leuchteten:cool:

Gruß Volker

01_yalpdloc_m.JPG

Wenn das die Setlist von Köln war.. Warum wurde Christmas Lights dann nicht gespielt, stand doch druf :/

Die Jungs haben sich die Wahl gelassen zwischen Christmas Lights und ETIAW

und ich denke mal weil Chris White Christmas gesungen hat;) Beides wäre natürlich super gewesen:D:D

I think ETIAW is one of the best closing songs Coldplay ever made. Christmas Lights does not fit at the end of the concert. Kind of sad that they did not play it in the middle or right after Paradise, because we will never hear it live again. But concerning the decision between CL and ETIAW I always go for the teardrops....

I think ETIAW is one of the best closing songs Coldplay ever made. Christmas Lights does not fit at the end of the concert. Kind of sad that they did not play it in the middle or right after Paradise, because we will never hear it live again. But concerning the decision between CL and ETIAW I always go for the teardrops....
I feel the same, ETIAW is such a great closer coz it gets everyone going. It makes me happy every time I hear it.

I sure hope they don't replace it with Christmas Lights to end the concert.

I love that song though and absolutely hope they will play it on Sunday, maybe inbetween Fix You and Every Teardrop. I'll be a very happy girl then :)

Hallo,

bin Neu bzw. war früher nur stiller Leser hier, aber einige von Euch hab ich gestern in Köln beim Konzert kennengelernt :) Twisted mind, Dark_Sofie, Katja, Fraetes:cool:

Das Konzert war megageil! Mal in die erste Reihe zu kommen ohne Stress war auch ein angenehmes Erlebnis und besonders freute es mich das mir und den anderen das Stundenlange warten in der kälte vor der Halle erspart blieb, dafür hat man gern beim aktivieren der Bänder geholfen:wink3:

Gruß Volker

Heißt das ihr durftet dann sozusagen als "Belohnung" dafür dass ihr mitgeholfen habt in die erste Reihe? Find ich ne tolle Sache :)

Heißt das ihr durftet dann sozusagen als "Belohnung" dafür dass ihr mitgeholfen habt in die erste Reihe? Find ich ne tolle Sache :)

Ja, wir durften schon um 17:00h rein, so haben wir schon mal erlebt, wie laut es wird und konnten den Roadies beim Soundcheck zuschauen. Emeli Sandé hat dann noch persönlich ein bisschen Soundcheck gemacht und hat sich gefreut, dass wir schon da waren. :)

OK, here is a quick review - in english as I suppose there are not only Germans here reading this ;)

As you have seen in the previous post we were so lucky to be asked to come in and prepare the Xylobands. We were about 10 fans and three nice Oxfam-volunteers, including the lovely Pete. Those of us who were not coldplaying-members already we instantly recruited.

It was fun work, though a few even got blisters, but hey, it's for Coldplay. :wink3: And we were in the warmth.

After about an hour various food-stuff started to appear out of our bags:

PC150011.jpg[/img]

PC150017.jpg

When we were finished and had also cleared up all the cardboard boxes we got a visit from the Arena-mouse you can see in the pics I posted previously. Very cute!

At 5 we were allowed into the hall so we could pick our spot and watch the roadies doing the soundcheck. It was absoultely amazing to see the hall empty!

PC150032.jpg

PC150050.jpg

PC150039.jpg

Here you can see some of us on the right of the sphere:

PC150041.jpg

We wandered around a bit and took some pictures and were shouting like idiots when Miller made a quick appearance.

Emeli Sandé did a very quick soundcheck and was quite pleasantly surprised to see us there.

Then it was time for doors and we were suddenly sorrounded by people. After spending the whole day with just a few that was a strange experience. But everybody was very nice and polite which proves again that Coldplay fans are the best. By that time most of us got really tired and relaxed till Emeli Sandé came on. She was absolutely amazing, great voice and so very nice. Cool songs. We tried our best to make her feel great, I hope it carried across to her.

PC150063.jpg

Well and then it was Coldplay-Time. What can I say? For me it was the first concert so I was absolutely stunned.

The Glowband-effect is unimaginable - even though I had seen them on the videos and watched them blink just hours before when we worked on them, it is completetly overwhelming to experience it live. It must be even better for the band watching it from stage.

The confetti is amazing and then we were "ballooned" by Coldplay during Yellow. That was very funny as no matter in which direction we kicked them they always seemed to end up in Chris' face so he was busy playing the guitar, singing and kicking away the balloons. So much for men not being able to multi-task. :D

You have already seen the set-list, I thought the band was giving anything they had, we saw a lot of Chris and Johnny as we were standing on the left in front of the stage. I don't have any more good pictures and anyway I was too busy enjoying the concert to take a lot of pics.

During the whole concert we did our best to jump around and I hope the rest of the audience did, too.

As I am no music-critic I cannot say anything about what was exceptoionally good or different. I enjoyed every song and also liked that we got to hear "Us against the World". Yes, Christmas Lights would have been nice but "White Christmas" was a treat.

And then it was over - much too soon.

During the concert we had the epitome of security guys watching us: mullet, completely tattoed forearms, upper arms like tree trunks and the meanest facial expression I have ever seen close. In the break for the set-up for Coldplay I was tempted to offer him chocolate but did not dare to. But after the concert I took courage and asked him: "So how did YOU like it?" Answer in a deep, rumbliung voice: "Last week was better. There was Rammstein.". Oh well, you cannot satisfy everybody :wink3:

We walked out and said our good-byes, I caught my last train, almost missed the night-bus and was home by 1am with the concert still sounding in my head.

So for me this was a perfect day: meeting great new friends (Hi Katja, Dar Sophie, Twisted Mind) and experienced a stunning concert. The only drawback is that now I am a bit spoiled ;)