✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Coldplay - MTV EMA 2011 nominations - Best Live and Best UK/Ireland Act categories (awards: 6th Nov

busybeeburns

400px-CPMay2011.jpg

Coldplay land two 2011 MTV EMA Nominations in Best Live and Best UK/Ireland Act categories

Coldplay have landed a clutch of nominations for this year’s MTV Europe Music Awards, which will take place at Belfast’s Odyssey Arena on November 6th.

Amongst the categories Coldplay have been named in are Best Live, where they will go head-to-head with rock heavyweights Foo Fighters and Red Hot Chili Peppers, and Best UK / Ireland Act, where they will face stiff competition from chart sensation Adele, who herself has been nominated for numerous EMAs this year.

Elsewhere, Arcade Fire are up for Best Alternative and Best World Stage, while Foo Fighters will also challenge for the Best Rock gong.

This year’s ceremony will be broadcast live on MTV from 9pm (BST).

Selected shortlist:

Best Live:

Coldplay

Foo Fighters

Katy Perry

Lady GaGa

Red Hot Chili Peppers

Best Rock:

Coldplay

Foo Fighters

Linkin Park

Kings of Leon

Red Hot Chili Peppers

Best Alternative:

Arcade Fire

Arctic Monkeys

My Chemical Romance

The Strokes

Thirty Seconds To Mars

Best World Stage:

Arcade Fire

The Black Eyed Peas

Diddy Dirty Money

Enrique Iglesias

Kings of Leon

Linkin Park

My Chemical Romance

Ozzy Osborne

Snoop Dogg

Thirty Seconds To Mars

MTV UK & Ireland / Best UK & Ireland Act:

Adele

Coldplay

Florence + The Machine

Jessie J

Kasabian

Read more: http://www.live4ever.uk.com/2011/09/foo-fighters-coldplay-land-2011-mtv-ema-nominations/#ixzz1YPozbsun

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 528
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

erm whoever wrote that article can't count! I count 3 nominations on that list :lol:

Selected shortlist:

Best Live:

Coldplay

Foo Fighters

Katy Perry

Lady GaGa

Red Hot Chili Peppers

Best Rock:

Coldplay

Foo Fighters

Linkin Park

Kings of Leon

Red Hot Chili Peppers

Best Alternative:

Arcade Fire

Arctic Monkeys

My Chemical Romance

The Strokes

Thirty Seconds To Mars

Best World Stage:

Arcade Fire

The Black Eyed Peas

Diddy Dirty Money

Enrique Iglesias

Kings of Leon

Linkin Park

My Chemical Romance

Ozzy Osborne

Snoop Dogg

Thirty Seconds To Mars

MTV UK & Ireland / Best UK & Ireland Act:

Adele

Coldplay

Florence + The Machine

Jessie J

Kasabian

You're welcome ;)

I think you can vote as many times as you want per day! Try and see if it's working ;)

I have and I think it is working. I'm surprised that you can since theoretically you can do nothing more than vote for coldplay 24/7 :P.

Coldplay to perform at 2011 MTV EMA!

GRAMMY® WINNING ROCK GROUP COLDPLAY,

BRITAIN’S NEWEST SUPERSTAR JESSIE J AND PARTY ROCKING DUO LMFAO

SET TO PERFORM AT THE “2011 MTV EMA”

THE 18TH ANNUAL AWARDS SHOW PREMIERES

SUNDAY, 6th NOVEMBER AT 9PM CET*

LONDON / NEW YORK – 12 October 2011 – MTV today announced the latest list of global superstar performers who will descend upon Belfast for the “2011 MTV EMA”. Coldplay, one of the world’s biggest bands, will perform hot off the release of their latest album Mylo Xyloto. Gracing the EMA stage for the first time ever will be British phenom Jessie J, who has racked up #1’s in 18 markets worldwide in the past year, while Los Angeles-based duo LMFAO, whose ubiquitous “Party Rock Anthem” has dominated the #1 spot on iTunes charts in 19 countries, will also make their EMA debut.

These three huge acts – who are each up for multiple EMAs this year – join previously announced performer Red Hot Chili Peppers. Hosted by multi-talented singer and actress Selena Gomez,the “2011 MTV EMA” will premiere Sunday, November 6th at 9PM CET* from Belfast, Northern Ireland. The “2011 MTV EMA” is sponsored by Dell, Replay, Hyundai and Swatch.

"I can’t quite believe I’m nominated for three awards. It’s like a dream, I keep pinching myself. And being nominated for Best UK/Ireland Act alongside artists like Adele, Coldplay, Kasabian and Florence is an honour,” said Jessie J.

“There are only two things that make a man like me happy – that first dunk in a hot fondue and being nominated and performing on the MTV EMA in Belfast,” said LMFAO’s Redfoo.

About Coldplay

Coldplay – comprising Guy Berryman, Jonny Buckland, Will Champion and Chris Martin – has sold more than 50 million records worldwide and won numerous awards, including seven GRAMMY® Awards and six Brit Awards. The band’s last album, 2008’s Viva La Vida, charted at No. 1 in 36 countries, including the United States and the United Kingdom.

About Jessie J

Since winning the acclaimed BBC Sound Polls of 2010 and Brits Critics Choice for 2011, Jessie J has sold more than 2 million albums and 6 million singles around the globe, and stormed across the live music scene with two sell-out tours and a string of acclaimed festival performances at the likes of Glastonbury, Bestival and V Festival. On 7th November, Jessie J is set to unleash her next single, the highly anticipated power-anthem “Who You Are” on to the world.

About LMFAO

This year, the entire world is shuffling to LMFAO’s “Party Rock Anthem.” So far, the unstoppable track spent weeks atop the English pop charts in April and May. LMFAO’s “Party Rock Anthem” (featuring Lauren Bennett and GoonRock), is just the opening round of Redfoo and Sky Blu’s forthcoming full-length album, Sorry For Party Rocking (Party Rock/will.i.am/Cherry Tree/Interscope).

Subscribe to these groups:

Shout! The Music Magazine

Source: http://unrealityshout.com/blogs/coldplay-jessie-j-and-lmfao-set-perform-the-%E2%80%9C2011-mtv-emas?utm_source=Twitterfeed&utm_medium=Tweet&utm_campaign=Twitter+%28%40unrealityshout%29

• 2 weeks later...

Watch EMA Awards 2011 Online

MTV has announced the five nominees for the 2011 MTV EMA ‘Worldwide Act’ category! The 19-year-old pop star will host the awards ceremony — which will take place on Sunday in Belfast, Northern Ireland — and insists Selena will remain professional if her 17-year-old boyfriend, who is to perform at the event, wins a prize.

Let's see what will happen? Who will the winners?

Watch EMA Awards 2011 Online