✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Mylo Xyloto: 44.09 mins long? Songs time here.

thomas.paul

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What we have learned in this thread:

- There are 60 seconds in a minute, not 100

- Length doesn't make an album

- UFO is too (short/long) given how (amazing/what a pice of crap) it is.

- Songs don't have to be 5 minutes

- Math is power

In the next thread we will learn:

- Speeling

- How to pronounce "Mylo Xyloto" like David Letterman

What we have learned in this thread:

- There are 60 seconds in a minute, not 100

- Length doesn't make an album

- UFO is too (short/long) given how (amazing/what a pice of crap) it is.

- Songs don't have to be 5 minutes

- Math is power

In the next thread we will learn:

- Speeling

- How to pronounce "Mylo Xyloto" like David Letterman

LOL.

There will be no hidden tracks. Not a chance. 14 tracks is pushing the boundaries as it is, how can anybody think they'll add even more songs? I guess some people are still incapable of understanding that an album isn't just a random selection of songs, each song that is placed on it has a reason to be there. For example, some of the b-sides were a lot better than A Whisper on AROBTTH, but they just didn't fit it with the rest of the album. A Whisper was perfect between tracks 8 and 10 and made the album interesting. Although tracks like I Ran Away are technically better, when placed in the context of the album it wouldn't work.

It's the same concept here. You can't just cram in a load of songs anywhere just for the sake of having more material, it would decrease the quality of the album significantly.

There will be no hidden tracks. Not a chance. 14 tracks is pushing the boundaries as it is, how can anybody think they'll add even more songs? I guess some people are still incapable of understanding that an album isn't just a random selection of songs, each song that is placed on it has a reason to be there. For example, some of the b-sides were a lot better than A Whisper on AROBTTH, but they just didn't fit it with the rest of the album. A Whisper was perfect between tracks 8 and 10 and made the album interesting. Although tracks like I Ran Away are technically better, when placed in the context of the album it wouldn't work.

It's the same concept here. You can't just cram in a load of songs anywhere just for the sake of having more material, it would decrease the quality of the album significantly.

:nod:

You consistently make sense and don't say stupid stuff.

You get my seal of approval.

Though I agree based on the song lengths that there won't be any hidden tracks, the fact that there's already 14 isn't a great argument. The album is still shorter than viva with 4 more tracks since three of these tracks are only short interludes, so had we not been given the song times, I'd still think there may possibly be hidden tracks.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey I'm just seeing in every thread and everywhere that the album will be 44.09 minutes long, but I'm just thinking: has this really been revealed? I mean, is it official? Because I see it even in Wikipedia and sites like that, but I don't really know if it is true. Can we really believe it or do we have to wait until the album is released?

Hey I'm just seeing in every thread and everywhere that the album will be 44.09 minutes long, but I'm just thinking: has this really been revealed? I mean, is it official? Because I see it even in Wikipedia and sites like that, but I don't really know if it is true. Can we really believe it or do we have to wait until the album is released?

I'm fairly confident it's real.

1 Mylo Xyloto 0:42

2 Hurts Like Heaven 4:02

3 Paradise 4:38

4 Charlie Brown 4:45

5 Us Against the World 4:00

6 M.M.I.X. 0:48

7 Every Teardrop Is a Waterfall 4:01

8 Major Minus 3:30

9 U.F.O. 2:18

10 Princess of China 3:59

11 Up in Flames 3:13

12 A Hopeful Transmission 0:33

13 Don't Let It Break Your Heart 3:54

14 Up with the Birds 3:46

this is really sad, when i saw that the album had 14 song i thought that every song would be like 4- 5 minutes but now that im seeing that some are not even a minute makes me really disappointed. and then chris said that this might be there last album really makes me sad. this is starting to look like the viva album, hey i liked it but it was too short there weren't enough songs. and to add to my sadness, most of the songs on MX we already heard live and there only 5 real songs we haven't heard. i don't know we will have to see.

:(

this is really sad, when i saw that the album had 14 song i thought that every song would be like 4- 5 minutes but now that im seeing that some are not even a minute makes me really disappointed. and then chris said that this might be there last album really makes me sad. this is starting to look like the viva album, hey i liked it but it was too short there weren't enough songs. and to add to my sadness, most of the songs on MX we already heard live and there only 5 real songs we haven't heard. i don't know we will have to see.

:(

eww...:sick:

if this were true, the album would be like an hour and 10 minutes:facepalm: