✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Mylo Xyloto: 44.09 mins long? Songs time here.

thomas.paul

I'm pretty sure this is legit.

One thing I keep wondering. VLV had 10 tracks but some of them were double tracks, and now MX has 14 tracks but some of them are short interludes. What the hell is wrong with having an album with just 12 or so normal sized tracks?

What the hell is wrong with having an album with 14 tracks with short interludes?

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You had the choice to not listen to the new songs. Please don't blame Coldplay for that.

Well, it wasn't much of a choice. Most people who are big fans can't resist having a peak at the new songs. We can't hide from any new Coldplay for 4-5 months. But it's not their fault either, I guess.

I'm pretty sure this is legit.

One thing I keep wondering. VLV had 10 tracks but some of them were double tracks, and now MX has 14 tracks but some of them are short interludes. What the hell is wrong with having an album with just 12 or so normal sized tracks?

There is nothing wrong. X&Y has 12 normal tracks (+1 hidden), and people complain about it's too long. So, if it's short, people complain. If it's long, people complain. If it has some short interludes, people complain. Stop complaining! :shout::furious:

There is nothing wrong. X&Y has 12 normal tracks (+1 hidden), and people complain about it's too long. So, if it's short, people complain. If it's long, people complain. If it has some short interludes, people complain. Stop complaining! :shout::furious:

:P

God, you are so right.

This whole fanbase is just complaining about several things.

If Coldplay do something new its wrong, if they do the same again its wrong... sometimes I think that Coldplay should stop making music because the people complain about everything what they do. But nevertheless the people would complain if Coldplay stop making music...

What's wrong with playing new songs live ?

Do they all want just new songs for the sake of the word 'new', or because they don't like the ones the've already heard ?

Latter I think is stupid, because UATW, MM, HLH etc. are pretty good songs, so you just don't have these surprise moment of 14 new songs, but that doesn't ruin the songs.

I'm glad they are on it (maybe except ETIAW).

Glad to see it's a short album. Albums like The Beatles' Revolver were 14 tracks long and just over 30 minutes and that was possibly the best album ever. As I said on another thread I posted, X&Y was long and it came across as bloated in the eyes of many (including me). Shorter is the way to go when it comes to pop-based music, which is what Coldplay are, especially with this album.

Happy Charlie Brown is the longest track on the record :thumbsup:

Still don't get the complaining about hearing over half the album before it's release. Why does it matter WHEN you hear them??! Plus they are live versions. How is it disappointing?!?!

You have all these people saying 'ooh, I want to hear the album NOW!' like 6 months ago, then they hear some songs and now are disappointed they only have a few 'new' songs that they haven't already heard to listen to on release date! :confused:

Also, true X&Y was only 12 tracks (well 13 with the hidden track) but the difference was they were ALL full tracks, making the album much longer. I don't see why having 14 tracks is bad if it's still short. VLVODAAHF didn't officially title all the tracks (chinese sleep chant, the escapist, etc) so it wasn't really a 10 track album. This time around, they just decided to officially title all the tracks on the track listing making it 14 tracks...

What's wrong with playing new songs live ?

Do they all want just new songs for the sake of the word 'new', or because they don't like the ones the've already heard ?

Latter I think is stupid, because UATW, MM, HLH etc. are pretty good songs, so you just don't have these surprise moment of 14 new songs, but that doesn't ruin the songs.

I'm glad they are on it (maybe except ETIAW).

couldn't agree more! some people are just too sensitive i guess

Coldplay need to start doing longer songs again, I always love their longer songs. All of these lengths are perfect for radio play. I'm not sure if that was the intention, but each song seems to have been designed with radio play in mind.

Coldplay need to start doing longer songs again, I always love their longer songs. All of these lengths are perfect for radio play. I'm not sure if that was the intention, but each song seems to have been designed with radio play in mind.

I'd have to agree. I honestly miss the pre-Viva days where a large majority of Coldplay songs were 4:30-5:30 long. And true with the radio part. Today's most popular songs are 95% usually 3 to 4 minutes long. That always struck made Coldplay stand out and seem so original for me. You'd have a tough time to find many songs by them under 4 minutes long that fit in the 3-4 minute spectrum. But it's changed.

I'm not saying it's not the correct times, but how do we know for sure? I mean I'd honestly love not only having the TRACKLIST but TRACK TIMES as well. But there's nothing that confirms this as correct. There's nothing to back this up, besides the songs we've heard of course.

I hate to be another one of those whiners but...why so short an album? I know they didn't want to duplicate the cumbersome length of X&Y but. What was wrong with A Rush of Blood to the Head? 54 minutes is more than reasonable as far as I'm concerned.

Hello people, I've just found this:

http://www.allmusic.com/album/mylo-xyloto-r2272103

It looks like the album has three instrumental songs as it was rumoured.

I'm sorry if someone already posted a thread with this info, I just haven't seen it!

Cheers!

Tom.

I'm sorry honestly, because I don't want to sound/be mean, but either you don't know how to add time or you made a really careless mistake. Because I just re-added the numbers. This is what you get

37 minutes- from just the minutes column

429 seconds- from just the seconds column

So it seems as though you made 429 seconds into 4 minutes and 29 seconds, added 37, and got 41:29 which is incorrect. There are 60 seconds (not 100) in a minute, so the seconds column actually comes out to 7 minutes and 9 seconds when calculated correctly.

This leaves the real track time at 44:09. While two and a half minutes might not make a difference to some people, they really do to me. And that's also probably why he said it was just under 45 minutes and not closer to 40. So yeah. Hope that clears some things up.