✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Mylo Xyloto: 44.09 mins long? Songs time here.

thomas.paul

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No one mentioned that AROBTTH is 55 minutes long? Must be a crappy album based on opinions there.

Jeez. We need divide forum for two parts - for under 18 and for over 18.

I actually love long albums and short albums. I don't care about the length. I just care about the songs that are on it.

A Rush Of Blood To The head is a very complete album. It would be bad for it to be 55 minutes and full of crappy songs.:confused: X&Y was long, and had some better B-sides than songs on the album. The World Turned Upside Down > The Hardest Part (doesn't mean it's bad, anyway).

Long albums like X&Y are excellent (and so arobtth), but anyway, I prefer short albums full of perfect songs like VLVODAAHF. Mylo Xyloto is gonna be one of them, in my opinion.

I'm 13 years old :)

I'm perfectly fine with having heard a lot of new songs. IMO the only I songs I've truly heard are MM, ETIAW and Para.. Studio can be quite different from live (MM for example) so I still have quite a lot to look foward to! That and CB, HLH and UATW are already in my top 20 so I know the album will be great! Although I will admit I'm most looking foward to UFO, DLIBYH and UWTB cause I haven't heard them in any form, so I can understand some being disappointed with having heard so much of the album, especially for those who dislike the 3 studio songs we've heard so far..

Is it the track length confirmed anywhere ?!? I dont see it at their page,not on iTunes or Amazon...so are these times for the songs just rumours right ?!:thinking:

The lengths were given by allmusic, who tend to be a reliable source. The album up for pre-order on the Tesco website (here) also gives the same track times. So I'm thinking these are the final track times.

The Lenght makes sense.

The Girl from the review also said "U.F.O." is a Song and "A Hopeful Transmission" an Instrumental.

But didnt say they it's like 45 Minutes Long?

Would mean at least 1 Hidden Track?

It's space for 3 Minutes.

And you guys remember the Fotoshoot* in Japan? Infront of the Car, maybe thats the Hidden Track for Japan.

Also known as "Car Kids".

Correct me if im wrong.

*Photoshoot.

The photoshoot in Japan was for a magazine.

I once said that hidden tracks with names like "Tomorrow" and "Great Expectations" after "ETIAW" and "Up With The Birds" would make sense (I don't know in what order) but I really don't know about. "Car Kids" maybe is an option too. If it happens we will have an album length of 50/55 minutes, which is not a bad thing for me at all.

Yeah I'm surprised people are looking for more - 14 tracks is quite a lot, even if some are less than a minute. Musically it creates an interesting environment. I wish they would have some b-sides on the release of singles or a three track EP with a single they didn't put on the album (like LITii) or something like that.

Personally, I think it's disappointing when a band like Coldplay only comes with the album, and no extra tracks, but thats me as a fan - it might be a bit unreasonable of me.

Based on what the band has said, they're all exhausted and can't imagine making new music. I'm sure there are tracks besides MTM that didn't make the cut, even if they were finished, so here's to hoping they see the light of day!

^ Yeah, I think we were all spoiled with Viva and the Prospekt's March EP--now an extra EP is expected from the guys, and they're obviously having a bit of writer's block at the moment since they've all said that trying to make another album after MX seems like a monumental task.

At this point I'll be content with a few good b-sides :nod: and I'll just continue to hope that the guys can make it out of their slump and be inspired to record another album.

Oops! You are so right! My mistake! I'm sorry guys :P

It's alright. No worries.

We have now managed to squeeze an extra 2.5 minutes out of the album aha!

haha yes!

Too short. Way too short. How are we supposed to enjoy songs that are just :30 seconds? Mylo Xyloto(song) is fine the way it is, but I think ONE less than a minute song is fine but not three. We'll see.

This x 100

X&Y was an album that you split up or shuffle into playlists because they were all longer songs but this album is meant to be listened to as one listen, kinda like A dark side of the moon. Its also a concept album so its a story, so Im not as disappointed with the short instrumentals as others may be, its going to be a great album. :thumbsup: