✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Mylo Xyloto (NME [fake] Review)

michal91d

he was just a complete dick and the fact that the nme editor or whoever gave him permission to do it shows how much of a bunch of pricks nme really are. from now on they can shove their arse licking shitty views up their arse. i'm sick of their pathetic attempts to mock any band that isn't similar to oasis. just going to stick with Q magazine from now on, at least i know i'm getting decent, fair opinions on current music.

he was just a complete dick and the fact that the nme editor or whoever gave him permission to do it shows how much of a bunch of pricks nme really are. from now on they can shove their arse licking shitty views up their arse. i'm sick of their pathetic attempts to mock any band that isn't similar to oasis. just going to stick with Q magazine from now on, at least i know i'm getting decent, fair opinions on current music.

11. "Up in Flames"

Dedicated to London's rioters, this tells the story of a newsagents in Hackney which was burnt out, and records the owner going in to inspect the husk of his burnt-out shop. Once inside, he finds a single white dove nesting in the top shelf, where he used to keep his smutty magazines. It is a plea for hope, sanity in an age of madness, and devotion in an age of fickleness. "You've got to search for the hero inside yourself," he calls, hauntingly. "Search for the hero inside/ A single new white dove/ Nesting in the place of lesbian love."

:dazzled::dazzled::dazzled:so touching:dazzled::dazzled::dazzled:

To be honest, these days I expect nothing less from NME.

When I'm in a terrible, snarky mood and start ripping in to bands/music, I feel like their staff. They choose staff that are really cynical and twisted about the music industry, encourage them to be as mean as possible just for the sake of it, write reviews that aren't reviews (not just this one, but in a general sense) and be deliberately scornful of anything remotely popular.

The only people they ever seem to like in the industry are any of the ex-Oasis members (basically Liam and Noel keep NME.com running), Kasabian (understandable because they are decent, but not the be all and end all), Wolf Gang and their new poster boys (suddenly after months of NME dismissing them) Bombay Bicycle Club