✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Mylo Xyloto leak? (the song, NOT the album)

golfing7861

So I was checking YouTube for the 20th time today (as always) to see whether or not anything new had been posted/leaked from MX, and I came across this:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzKqwDpPfG4]Coldplay Mylo Xyloto- Track 1 - YouTube[/ame]

Now let me start off by saying I am NOT the one who posted that video, so before all the haters start calling me a troll, it's not me. Second, I know the actual track length of MX is 42 seconds, while the track in this video is 37 seconds, but I just had to post it due to how crisp the sound is. Now I've seen almost all of the times Coldplay has played Mylo Xyloto live, but nowhere has the sound been this crowd/fangirl screaming free, which leads me to believe that this might actually be a leak. What do you guys think/the poster of the video says something along the lines of more coming soon, I wonder if he/she has a leaked version of the album? I messaged him on his account, lets see what he says... :thinking:

Nah guys, don't get your hopes up. There was a really similar clip of MX earlier, it's just clever editing. If this guy really had the leak he wouldn't put MX up.

The reason why it is MX is because that's the easiest to fake. He's just edited the audio. It isn't nearly crisp enough and you can clearly hear the crowd.

Seriously, are people still arguing over whether Mylo Xyloto is a full song with lyrics or not? It's been confirmed by multiple sources that it's identical to the short instrumental that has been played before Hurts Like Heaven at live shows.

For those who are and those who are not getting the oracle confused.

She neither confirmed nor denied it was a full length track, I think she was misquoted and her actual quote was just pointing out that it was not a full song. Some people thought this meant that the album version is.

if in the case that it's not, that's not to say that there was a full length song of MX in the past, like LiT, but was shortened for some reason.

I'm pretty sure MX is just 42 seconds long, no more than that. Chris refers to Hurts Like Heaven as the album opener so I'm guessing he wouldn't call it that if MX was a full song. In addition to that, a few sources have the track time as 0:42.

But I would love to be proven wrong, to be honest!

"Q. Hi Oracle,

I was wondering if the song played before Hurts Like Heaven during the festival circuit is actually called Mylo Xyloto and was just shortened to MX to avoid spoiling the title of LP5 before the title was officially announced. Thanks!

The Oracle replies:

Ta-da! I wondered when someone would pick up on that after what I had said about it in a couple of answers.

MX did indeed mean Mylo Xyloto but at the festivals, as I did mention, it wasn't a full song, just a prelude/introduction to Hurts Like Heaven."

And, read and .. ;)