✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[27-Oct-2011] BBC Radio 1's Student Tour, University of East Anglia, Norwich, UK

I'm planning to drive up there from London after work today (at about 5), unless the queue is 500 long by then or something - no point having a wasted journey. If anyone fancies a lift from London and some queuing company, drop me a pm

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi guys just checked queue. There will be some sad people come tomorrow. It holds 1200 there is already at least 500 in the queue and building fast. And I have heard a lot of tickets already been spoken 4. So I've got no chance when I finish work at 4. Gutted:cry:

Hi guys just checked queue. There will be some sad people come tomorrow. It holds 1200 there is already at least 500 in the queue and building fast. And I have heard a lot of tickets already been spoken 4. So I've got no chance when I finish work at 4. Gutted:cry:

Thanks for that, I was still toying with the idea of going after work today, but I definitely won't now. I hope you manage to get some :\

Ah, the earliest I can get there is about 4 :\ I guess that will be too late if there's already 500 people there now.

I thought exactly this. Even though I'd be insanely jealous. Should just get on with selling the tickets now to everyone they've given a number to. Save them waiting all night in the freezing cold.

Tweets from Coldplay:

The people already in the queue for tomorrow morning's Norwich UEA ticket sale will take up all of the available tickets for this show. A

5 minutes ago

Please don't travel to Norwich to join the queue, as you won't now get a ticket. (Sorry, the promoters say the demand is "unprecedented"). A

5 minutes ago

And to the hundreds of people already in the Norwich UEA queue, we raise our hats. A http://pic.twitter.com/z6nhnfsn

3 minutes ago

AbuigrrCEAAP7n7.jpg

STATEMENT: Re: the sale of Coldplay tickets

Coldplay, one of the BIGGEST bands on the Planet are coming to the Union of UEA Student's LCR for an intimate concert in conjunction with Radio 1. Not only will they be playing LIVE, but the concert will be being broadcast simultaneously on National Radio from 7pm that evening

Tickets go on sale from 9am on Saturday 15th October.

Thursday afternoon people began queuing outside Union House in the hope of securing their tickets. At approx. 1pm this afternoon (Friday) the Union decided to number the queue because we were aware that the number of people in the queue was more than the number of tickets available. This decision was taken to prevent those beyond a certain point in the queue having to wait until 11pm tonight to find out that they were not going to be successful in their attempts to obtain tickets.

Each person was issued a raffle ticket denoting their place in the queue – this raffle ticket is by no means a guarantee of a ticket to see Coldplay.

The raffle ticket ensures that people can come back at 11pm tonight to pre-register for a ticket (they MUST do this). They will need ID to register. To make the waiting process more comfortable, the Union’s Hive Coffee Bar will remain open overnight and facilities will be available for patrons to use.

Those people who have pre-registered on Friday night will then be admitted to the Box Office on Saturday morning in an organised manner at which point they will be able to purchase their ticket which will exchange for a wristband on the day of the event.

Whilst we acknowledge that a lot of people will be disappointed we have tried our best to ensure that the tickets are allocated as fairly as is possible.

For more information please contact Matthew Myles, Communications Officer, 01603 592504, [email protected]

http://ueastudent.com/news/view/92

ueathmb80a.jpg

Queue for Norwich UEA show now full

14 October 2011 5:03 pm

Please don't travel to join the queue

news_line.png

Good evening. Tickets for Coldplay's UEA show for Radio 1 go on sale tomorrow (Saturday) morning and the promoters have been in touch to let us know that the people already in the queue for tomorrow morning's Norwich UEA ticket sale will take up all of the available tickets.

Please don't travel to Norwich to join the queue, as you won't now get a ticket. Apologies to those of you missing out, but the promoters say the demand is "unprecedented". And to the hundreds of people already in the queue, we raise our hats.

ueaimage005.jpg

ueaimage002.jpg

Anchorman