✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[27-Oct-2011] BBC Radio 1's Student Tour, University of East Anglia, Norwich, UK

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really sorry to hear that people travelling in / thinking of travelling haven't got a chance :(

BUT, so glad that the local folk and students seem to have made it their own :sunny:

Imho, it should have been students-only from the get-go - it seems only fair to me when it's their uni...

It should be an unforgettable gig, can't wait to hear the reports :)

It made ITV Anglia evening news

http://www.itv.com/anglia/fullprogramme/

@20m30s ish

Anglia evening news is usually which cats are stuck up which trees and what UFOs were seen over Mousehold Heath, so this definitely made the cut of being exciting enough to air on TV :P

Still maintaining this is the most exciting thing to happen in Norwich since the Norman conquest, or maybe the Black Plague :lol:

So disappointed I didn't get tickets. Should of skipped school. :disappointed:

Anglia evening news is usually which cats are stuck up which trees and what UFOs were seen over Mousehold Heath, so this definitely made the cut of being exciting enough to air on TV :P

Still maintaining this is the most exciting thing to happen in Norwich since the Norman conquest, or maybe the Black Plague :lol:

This is so accurate. :lol:

20111027uea9.jpg

Finally with their hands on precious Coldplay tickets, fans of the band after queuing for hours. Phil Deadman with tickets number 001 and 002 .

Coldplay fans in Norwich rewarded for their loyalty

Coldplay fans who patiently waited for hours for tickets to the band’s intimate Norwich gig have been rewarded for their efforts.

Hundreds of dedicated fans started to queue for tickets for the concert on October 27 more than 24 hours before they went on sale.

And while most headed home after being allocated a raffle ticket, guaranteeing them their place in the line, scores stayed overnight and enjoyed pizzas supplied by the band.

Tickets then went on sale at 9am this morning.

Phil Deadman, 42, from Thorpe, was the first to queue for the sought-after tickets, claiming his spot at 12.30pm on Thursday.

He said he was “really pleased” when he got his two tickets.

Mr Deadman, who is self-employed, said: “It’s fantastic, I didn’t believe it. When I first drove down there I thought I would be at the end of the queue but I wasn’t, I started the queue.

“I stayed overnight Thursday and Friday, one night in the cold and then the other inside at the union. There were a lot of people there last night and there was a really good atmosphere. I’m now going home for a shower and some sleep.”

The gig, which will be held at the University of East Anglia, is part of the second year of BBC Radio 1’s student tour, which will see DJs Fearne Cotton and Zane Lowe broadcasting their weekday shows between Monday October 24 and Thursday, October 27, live from four university towns and cities - Aberdeen, Leicester, Norwich and Hatfield.

About 1,200 tickets were available.

http://www.eveningnews24.co.uk/what-s-on/music/coldplay_fans_in_norwich_rewarded_for_their_loyalty_1_1091516

I love when bands do stuff like that :nice:

Last rant about this (for awhile): if this really is to be a "student tour" giving students the chance to see great acts for a good price at convenient locations, I feel like it shouldn't be open to the general public. I guess this is an extreme case, as I doubt 3000 people showed up for Kasabian at Leicester or whatever in the same way, but if this is really to be a "student tour," you would think they'd require a valid NUS ID from any uni to buy tickets (though guests could be non-students). That might have cut down on SOME of the craziness, anyway, but I'm just bitter :P

Sorry but don't agree with you about just 4 students. I was a lucky person who queued 4 about 20 hours and got a ticket. But having spoken to a lot of students. Some were just there cause they thought it would be fun to queue. Group of about 10 next to me in the queue all night. Don't think I even heard them mention cold play all night. More interested in getting drunk. These tickets could have gone to real fans who missed out. :D

That's a good point, I'm just surprised the drunkards put that much effort in...I don't get how someone who doesn't love a band would camp out for like two days for tickets to something! :freak:. That's why I never went to many shows at the LCR when I was a student there--it was just chock-filled with people who were there to be drunk and obnoxious, few people for the music.

Still--I do think if it's marketed as a student tour, it makes sense to have more restrictions. But good on you for getting tickets! For the first time, I'm sad I graduated :sad:

r1.jpg

Final allocation of Norwich tickets on sale now

20 October 2011 1:10 pm

Coldplay.com readers can buy the final tickets for the UEA show online

news_line.png

Good afternoon. As previously announced, Coldplay will play a special show at Norwich's University of East Anglia on Thursday, 27 October, as part of BBC Radio 1's Student Tour.

Tickets, priced £20, were sold at the UEA box office to personal callers on Saturday, 15 October (after fans queued over night).

However, a final 100 tickets to the show have just been released for sale - and Coldplay.com readers can buy them online from here now. (We wanted them to go to you folks - but you'd best be quick if you want some.)

If you can't make it, the gig will also broadcast live on BBC Radio 1 (listen live on your radio in the UK, or online anywhere in the world).

Tickets are limited to two per customer. To avoid these tickets being resold at inflated prices entry for these shows will be via wristband only. On the show day, 27 October, wristbanding will open at midday at the venue. Ticket buyers will need to go to the box office with their ticket receipt, photo ID matching the name on the receipt and if they have purchased two tickets their guest must be in attendance with them. Each customer will be wristbanded and can then return to the venue in the evening for the concert. Doors open at 6.30 pm and the show starts promptly at 7.00 p.m. so please arrive early. Please note that any wristbands that have been obviously tampered with will be refused entry.

Anchorman