✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

MOJO Review on Mylo Xyloto : 4/5 stars

maricircus

"A more streamlined affair, re-embracing themselves as an unpretentious yet big-sonding pop group." 4/5 stars.

From the print-copy!

http://www.anydecentmusic.com/review/3804/Coldplay-Mylo-Xyloto.aspx

FYI, Viva la Vida scored a 3/5 from them. From their review :

"While they fight shy of radical "Kid A"-style reinvention, hats should be doffed to Coldplay for at least having artistic cojones to mess with a winning formula. [July 2008, p.101]"

Well I dont really know how music reviews work... but is 4 / 5 more than good? Because it sounds normal.

Also, could someone try to explain the sentence:

"A more streamlined affair, re-embracing themselves as an unpretentious yet big-sonding pop group"

to me? My English is not good enough... do they say its a mainstreamed Coldplay or just a new Coldplay?

Well I dont really know how music reviews work... but is 4 / 5 more than good? Because it sounds normal.

Also, could someone try to explain the sentence:

"A more streamlined affair, re-embracing themselves as an unpretentious yet big-sonding pop group"

to me? My English is not good enough... do they say its a mainstreamed Coldplay or just a new Coldplay?

Mojo is a pretty tough publication. They hand out 3/5 stars like cotton candy, so I'd say 4/5 is a great score for them.

So far the reviews are looking pretty good!

Mojo gave Mylo Xyloto a 4/5 ??? is this the same music critic that gave AROBTH and X&Y 3/5 stars??

Uncut gave MX 3/5 but gave AROBTH 5/5

Spin gave MX 3.5/5 but gave X&Y 5/5

I wonder what rating is pitchfork going to give, maybe a 0.0 and I would not be surprised f**ing coldplay haters