✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Rate UP WITH THE BIRDS poll!

mountainloafers

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, this is almost as good of a closer as DAAHF (and if you had the slightest idea of how freaking amazing I think DAAHF is, then you would know how much I love this song). Definitely in my top 10. This, along with MM and AHT / DLIBYH (and, to a lesser extent, UAtW and UIF) saved the album for me.

Not quite epic enough to receive a 10 (I've only given a 10 to three songs in my entire life) but a good, solid 9.

The best part, hands down, is 0:50 to 1:50.

Even though I voted 10 stars, I meant to vote for a '9'.

This song is beautiful. It carries a bittersweet, uplifting atmosphere that brings me down once the "passing" into the second half of the song begins. The lyrics leave me empty and wanting for more after Chris' final, "Oh yeah.". Surely, I'm not the only one.

I like to think of my Grandma with this song. She died fairly-recently and the song brings back memories.

Well done, Coldplay. You brought a tear to my eye.

This song is easily becoming one of my favs. The first half of the song is just beautiful and I wished it stayed like throughout. With that said, it's still a great, great song.

It reminds me a lot of The Escapist for some reason. :P Great way to end the album.

I rated it a 7, overall. The first part fails to grab me, but keeps me hanging on to see where it will go, so I gave it a 5. It really takes flight with Jonny's brilliant guitar transition and turns into a "9"... thus my overall "7". The best thing about the song is it best suited for the role of album closer.

I really like it, but I think it's a tad too short. It seems to really get going and the little piano part starts and it ends too soon. I think making this a 4:30 long song would have been better.

But that's just what I would have done.