✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

This is not a Coldplay song.

ISawSparks06

It's a Coldplay song. It's just not the same Coldplay that only appeals to one audience. It's not purely an R&B song, it's not purely a pop song, it's not purely a dance song, it's not really Rock either. What is it then? It's Alternative. Something different, along with a great use of instruments and sounds. This is what

Coldplay has always been about. It's why they appealed to me. Whatever you want to label it, the song jams, and many like it, even if older so-called Coldplay fans can't appreciate it. Why should they limit themselves to one audience? There are many other great tracks on the album to enjoy. This was made to appeal to others audiences, and possibly older Coldplay fans who listen to more than only a few genres, or those who only want a buch of slow songs. If you want slow songs, listen to Sleeping At Last (Wires is an amazing song by them). They've got plenty of them, and the singer has a much better voice than Chris Martin.

I think it sounds like Coldplay :S

and I don't think Rihanna personally had much to do with how the song turned out. Coldplay still wrote it, not Rihanna.

And how about Brain Eno? How do you feel about the collaboration between him and Coldplay? I think he had more to do with Coldplay's latest songs than Rihanna. She was asked for her voice, not the creation of the song. If featuring shouldn't be done, does this also include people like Brain Eno?

btw. I love Princess of China :D

I thought I was listening to some Hip-Hop crap when this song came on. It has a few nice parts in the song but it's really really different than what we are used to. Bet they'll make it a single just because Rihanna is in it. :stunned:

I would have gladly prevented my ears from listening to this...song. No I mean, if I wanted to hear something like that I would have searched for it in a Rihanna album, so the fact that I don't have any Rihanna album means I don't like this kind of song and wished they never put it on the album.

I don't know..it sounded just awuful for me :bigcry:

I think it would have been better if they had put Princess of China on Every Teardrop Is a Waterfall [EP], like they had done with Lost+ Ft. Jay-Z.

I would prefer that Coldplay leave those off the actual album because I believe it just sounds better. The song itself isn't crap though, in my opinion.

It's a good song in general, I just don't like that it was put on the album.

I actually like it.

Though I feel it's more suited during the VLV era than this era. It has Spell A Rebel Yell feel to it.

Though I wished Rihanna wasn't part of it. I don't like anyone singing on a Coldplay album. They should have recorded it without Rihanna and put that in the album and then release a single with Rihanna on it.

• 2 months later...

I love this song

It good to hear the woman's side of the story from a woman in a CP song.

Its powerful in the way she tells the guy how he coulda had it all, but NO

he let her go, so now he can go to hell, and suffer the consequences. "You stole

my star" you SOB!!

I love it when women stand up for themselves

:D

I think it would have been better if they had put Princess of China on Every Teardrop Is a Waterfall [EP], like they had done with Lost+ Ft. Jay-Z.

I would prefer that Coldplay leave those off the actual album because I believe it just sounds better.

I agree. You know... I hated this song with a passion when I first heard it, but I almost like it now. Almost! :P What annoys me is that it's on the actual album, and I didn't buy it to listen to Rihanna... :\