✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Coldplay explosion in US iTunes!

mrman78

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sadly I don't think that Charlie Brown will ever surpass Paradise or PoC just because it wasn't a single and it doesn't have Rihanna in it... The casual listener is 1000 times more likely to listen to a song with Rihanna in it than a song named after a peanuts character.

Is coldplay going to get the number 1 spot in the albums charts in the US because i read on eonline that kelly clarkson has also released her album and that she might beat them? Is this true, can anyone from america tell us if they are on course to get a number 1 in the US and when it is officially released. The UK charts are released on the sunday evening but when do you find out the latest US chatrs for the previous week? Is it also on a sunday?(E.g. a monday uk time)

Is coldplay going to get the number 1 spot in the albums charts in the US because i read on eonline that kelly clarkson has also released her album and that she might beat them? Is this true, can anyone from america tell us if they are on course to get a number 1 in the US and when it is officially released. The UK charts are released on the sunday evening but when do you find out the latest US chatrs for the previous week? Is it also on a sunday?(E.g. a monday uk time)

If iTunes is any indication, she will not. I don't know any numbers currently but if I had to bet I'd put my money on Coldplay.

On a side note I think the only hope Charlie Brown has at being anywhere near the top (without a single being released) is if it gets a lot of radio play and grows slowly... hell it took "Pumped Up Kicks" about a year to become popular and its been reigning in the charts for months now. Actually when it popped up on iTunes about a year after I had first downloaded I was like "Huh... I remember that song" :lol::lol::lol:

No. No way Kelly Clarkson will beat Coldplay here. :rolleyes:

When I went to the store to pick up MX there was a huge display for Coldplay and Kelly Clarkson had like one little tiny spot at the bottom of the shelf. I'd be surprised if Coldplay sold less than three times the amount she sells.

No. No way Kelly Clarkson will beat Coldplay here. :rolleyes:

When I went to the store to pick up MX there was a huge display for Coldplay and Kelly Clarkson had like one little tiny spot at the bottom of the shelf. I'd be surprised if Coldplay sold less than three times the amount she sells.

Agreed!

Coldplay will sell 3 times more than her. It's not even a competition.

Coldplay is competing against itself.

Well as much as I like Moving to Mars, I don't feel it fits on the album, just like Princess of China doesn't. They could have just removed it completely with 10 full songs instead of 11, but it would be really short then. :shrug: