✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Coldplay explosion in US iTunes!

mrman78

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chris Martin and the gang’s fifth Capitol Records release, Xylo Myloto, is set for a #1 debut on next week’s HITS chart with sales of between 425-450k, based on one-day reports from those music retailers

And +220+/- in the UK... only 650-700K in the UK and US... VIVA did 721K only in the US +300 in the UK in first week... what happend to the albums dop sales, nobody's selling albums today except Adele.

I guess you can factor the economy into this as well though. People aren't spending as much money as they were in 2008... Plus the days of 1 million plus 1st week sales are gone.

Lil Wayne sold a million in his first week a couple months back

But Coldplay will hit Platinum...doubt they will go mulit-platinum in the US though

Crazy seeing so many of the old albums in the top 10 as well, in most countries.

Between Viva La Vida (The song) and MX's more mainstream sound Coldplay has gained a lot of new fans.

Edit: Sidenote, A Very She & Him Christmas is the #9 album overall. W00T!

Lil Wayne sold a million in his first week a couple months back

But Coldplay will hit Platinum...doubt they will go mulit-platinum in the US though

:shocked2: Really? I didn't think anyone could reach that milestone anymore, plus Billboard said that Coldplay are on track to have the biggest 1st week numbers since Lady Gaga in May, so that doesn't make sense! :confused:

:shocked2: Really? I didn't think anyone could reach that milestone anymore, plus Billboard said that Coldplay are on track to have the biggest 1st week numbers since Lady Gaga in May, so that doesn't make sense! :confused:

I might be wrong, but i think thats only in the uk where they are set to get the biggest 1st week sales since may