✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Chris hangs up on The Bert Show...then calls back

Mimixxx

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't understand completely what happens inside his mind at those moments, but I think something shuts down, it's too much.

Maybe it's insecurity, I don't know.

the way they first explained Chris's response, before they played the interview, they made it sound like he was like, "UGH" and then immediately hung up, as if he was pissed off or something.

actually listening to it, though, his reaction seemed more like, "...uh......................................................." and then he hung up. :P

so, maybe he just got anxious, panicked, and hung up. people keep saying that he's dealt with this for so long that he should know how to handle it properly. well, he probably does know how to handle it properly, but sometimes knowing doesn't make a difference...

also, this Bert guy has no freaking idea what he's talking about. first he said that they would rather not take interviews in which they are limited to what they can ask, and then at the end he said Chris should have just said, "Oh, I don't want to answer questions about Gwyneth" (which he basically did say)... but isn't that, you know, the same thing??? :P

Eh, I don't think it's a big deal..

Maybe he should have just said he didn't want to answer any personal questions, but then again, who knows what was going on with him at that time..I know I have hung up many times on people when I get pissed, but then again, I'm not on the radio promoting my album..Soooo I dunno...The radio station is just trying to create some kind of buzz around themselves by making a big deal of it.

I think he's doing okay if the interviewer mention Gwyneth for once or twice.

Like Colbert said "you stole our Gwyneth" or someone said "you have Gwyneth cook for you everyday".

But 4 questions about their personal life and calling him a loser is way too far.

After Chris said he didn't want to speak about personal matters, they asked him again, what did bert expect

:nod:

He specifically said he didn't feel comfortable in a very polite way like he always does and they just didn't care. Anyone who has listen to a coldplay interview knows that this is the moment to change the subject not only because chris gets pissed of but also because it's really disrespectful.

Their whole (huge) analysis of this is ridiculous :rolleyes:. And it's really stupid that they think they have the right to ask whatever they want so that chris can in the end promote this album.

I agree with the last two posts. It's not like Coldplay need Bert's help at this point. Saying you're not going to respect artists' requests to avoid certain topics isn't something to be proud of, Bert!

Look at Jian Gomeshi here in Canada. He gets really edgy, personal interviews WITHOUT pushing out-of-bounds topics, because he asks intelligent questions.

Who called him a loser?

I mean that loser part. Sorry for my bad English. :confused:

One another, you can see it happens with Brad Pitt all the time, everything he said, the press use it against his family and the things about his ex-gf.

Chris just doesn't want that to happen with him and his family.

*writing my comment while listening to this for the 1st time.*

Bert starts out the segment by saying "I don't like Coldplay" and he said "Chris is sensitive about his family"

Obviously, we need to hear both sides of the story.

And I agree, that question is kinda offensive to Chris.

I, as a listener, felt so uncomfortable that I clicked off before the hang up and eventual end of the interview. Just hearing the insensitive interviewers ignoring the signs of Chris' discomfort with their questions and his subsequent emotional disconnection pissed me off.

He took time out of a crazy-busy, exhausting day to interview with those clueless idiots and they treat him like that? The lack of respect is staggering.