✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Chris hangs up on The Bert Show...then calls back

Mimixxx

Originally Posted by Wyrd;5050144

Then they go claiming that the questions asked were in no way offensive or personal. Some of the questions asked turned out to be:

"So with Gwyneth you won the lottery: Tell me what the looser period of you before that looked like."

"Are you guys going to do a duet together?"

"What is it in the household like? Do you two make some music, do you two have some sort of competition going on?"

"Gwyneth Paltrow tweeted that this next album is a master piece. She has to say that, right?"

How are these questions not personal? Already mentioning Gwyneth is personal and they also mentioned the household, their relationship, and how Chris was a looser before being with her. I can image that if these question were asked all oner after another it made him feel very uncomfortable and he atm couldn't think of any other thing to do than to hang up.

Wow that is totally inappropriate!!!!

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"So with Gwyneth you won the lottery: Tell me what the looser period of you before that looked like."

"What is it in the household like? Do you two make some music, do you two have some sort of competition going on?"

"Gwyneth Paltrow tweeted that this next album is a master piece. She has to say that, right?

^They asked him those questions? Bloody hell, I'm surprised he even bothered calling back!

"Gwyneth Paltrow tweeted that this next album is a master piece. She has to say that, right?

^They asked him those questions? Bloody hell, I'm surprised he even bothered calling back!

I don't know if these were the exact formulations when they asked them to Chris, but that's what they said in the snippet that they asked him. Of course they might have altered the formulation. It might also look worse if it's not embedded in the whole interview, because as they said it was an easy going interview (though they just might have experienced it like that and Chris might not).

I agree with Blue Nails that this whole issue is fascinating anyway :P

I'm sure we've all hung up on someone at one or other point in our lives...

This.

I hung up on my sister last week actually.

When you're tired and pissed off, and someone does something (that may not even be intentionally offensive or annoying) sometimes you just snap momentarily and you can't take it.

Ugh, I was waiting for the first interview drama.

Most of me feels terrible for him--people ask the dumbest questions that are totally irrelevant, and if these people did their research, they'd know that questions like that about his family life will set him off and not make for a great interview. But at the same time...I feel like he's got to expect that. Not respond to the questions, but maybe not hang up or walk out either. Easier said than done, of course, but politely ignoring the question by saying "no comment" or something would probably make him look better, because of course everyone just latches on to the times that he's done things like this. I kind of think he should lighten up a bit about that subject matter in general. He was doing well with the mentions of her on Sunday Morning and Colbert.

This, this and THIS!!!!

Chris is way too nice.

tweets about bertshow interview this morning.

Stefunny77Stephanie

<S>@</S>BertShowBert He said he wasn't comfortable with those questions & you ignored him and asked about Gwyneth anyway. Prob that + a bad mood

MatthewJohnson2Matt Johns

<S>@</S>BertShowBert It definitely got my to listen, but probably in poor taste to air.. Gonna get your show noticed though, so that's a positive.ago

»

KSheff17Kelli

>@</S>BertShowBert don't think it was the personal questions - I think 4 different people on the phone asking questions overwhelmed him.

8 minutes ago

JJ8675309JJLW@

S>@</S>ajcradiotv <S>@</S>bertshowbert We know! TBS has spent half the morning talking about it. It really wasn't THAT big of a deal! Sheesh.

Sure, Chris could have handled it differently, perhaps better, but clearly the "radio show" didn't give a shit about Coldplay as a band.

Note to Coldplay management: Perhaps booking the boys for interviews with every Tom, Dick, and Harry isn't in their best interest. Surely you can come up with better ways to promote the album.

Sure, Chris could have handled it differently, perhaps better, but clearly the "radio show" didn't give a shit about Coldplay as a band.

Note to Coldplay management: Perhaps booking the boys for interviews with every Tom, Dick, and Harry isn't in their best interest. Surely you can come up with better ways to promote the album.

I agree. One of our local stations hates Coldplay and makes fun of them everytime they "have to" play them. For the one day last month Coldplay visited the station, the radio hosts were "nice" about them. Because they were doing their bosses a favour. :veryangry2:

102.1 The Edge, Toronto

Dean Blundell Show <<arseholes supreme

Those interviewers have no idea what it's like to have a life in which everything you say can and will be used against you. And then to constantly be asked about your personal life while you're there to talk about music. Cause you know, he's the only one in the band who gets that, no one ever asks about Jonny's, Guys or Will's family. And it just must be so weird for him that people are constantly trying to find out about that in every way and he has to be really carefull about what he says about it and then getting all these questions fired at you by people who think it's funny to ask that. I'd probably hang up to, even if it's not smart and it was very kind of Chris to call back and to explain that he wasn't offended but he just didn't know how to handle the question.

I think Chris gets that people like to know stuff about his relationship, but he just doesn't always know how to handle it.

Wow, this guy is a jerk. Chris even said he wasn't comfortable answering questions like that and they still continued to ask him. That last question went a bit too far. It speaks volumes that Chris even called back after he hung up. I feel so bad for Chris because his personal life is always in the spotlight. He could of handled it better, yes but Bert was really out of line.

So they played it anyway. Classy, just classy......NOT.

Skip to 11:03 for the actual interview.

And also before it trying to talk it all right again. They just shouldn't talk right and just play the actual interview if they do that anyway. Like the Bert guy is saying that they have the right to get insight into one's personal life in exchange to promoting their music. 'it's a fair change' they say. Ehm, NO. And also babbling again about it afterwards. Stop speculating about what really happened, if you're not even seeing that you might have done something wrong at all. Just whjdaukghdfajhfkaek.

And a really good interview according to them? No.

Urgh.

Jeeze!

He said that he doesn't like talking about it and they just kept on going. And they are too protective about it afterwards as well, and doesn't really try looking at it from another perspective. They could just say "Sorry, we messed up. We probably shouldn't have asked him that question" instead of criticizing him. :uneasy: