✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Chris hangs up on The Bert Show...then calls back

Mimixxx

Chris Martin joins The Bert Show for an interview to promote his upcoming album, Mylo Xyloto…and hangs up on us! The cast isn’t really sure what set him off that made him hang up, but then he called back and asked to speak to whoever asked the last question.

Ooooooh, Bert’s in trouble…

Audio at:

http://thebertshow.com/coldplays-chris-martin-joins-the-bert-show-and-then-hangs-up-on-us/

Oh Chris...you were doing so well :shame:

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest howyousawtheworld

I don't know why but I feel sorry for Chris Martin. Really sorry for him. For sure he's got it all it may appear but he's human at the end of the day and even though he said those things to the Daily Mail and CBS about his wife it's so obvious that he'd prefer not to.

Those people asking the questions should know better than to ask questions as stupid as "do you and Gwyneth have singing competitions around the house'. Arseholes.

It's interesting that they don't actually reveal what they said to him before that though, they could've said anything. Still...

Bert says that he said that "Gwyneth tweeted that the new album is a masterpiece, but she sort of has to say that, right?" Heavy sigh from Chris, then he hung up.

Guess that was enough for Chris...Now that the album is out, hopefully, the interviews will slow down and they can focus on playing.

I actually think he's probably safer hanging up. Yes it's rude but that's all they can use against him. It would have been harder if he said things he didn't mean to. Poor Chris.

Poor Chris???? He's not a child ffs, he's gotta grow up and act like an actual adult :shame:

Ugh, I was waiting for the first interview drama.

Most of me feels terrible for him--people ask the dumbest questions that are totally irrelevant, and if these people did their research, they'd know that questions like that about his family life will set him off and not make for a great interview. But at the same time...I feel like he's got to expect that. Not respond to the questions, but maybe not hang up or walk out either. Easier said than done, of course, but politely ignoring the question by saying "no comment" or something would probably make him look better, because of course everyone just latches on to the times that he's done things like this. I kind of think he should lighten up a bit about that subject matter in general. He was doing well with the mentions of her on Sunday Morning and Colbert.

Poor Chris???? He's not a child ffs, he's gotta grow up and act like an actual adult :shame:

Aww he's not acting like a child, he's acting like a guy under a lot of pressure. No, he shouldn't have done it, but haven't you ever snapped ever? I know I have.

I actually think he's probably safer hanging up. Yes it's rude but that's all they can use against him. It would have been harder if he said things he didn't mean to. Poor Chris.

and at least he called back, right? :P

Chris seems like a very impulsive person at times, and so he might have hung up without really thinking about it first... which is a lot better than what else he could have done without thinking...

Having heard this whole thing, I felt like he was really about to lose it. It was more of a stress thing. I think he really wanted to avoid saying anything he would regret and ended up hanging up instead. I don't think it's the wisest thing to do but we don't really know what his frame of mind was so I can't really blame him.

It's just a bit sad to see this kind of stuff happening :(

Well, if they ask 4 questions about Gwyneth, I'm not surprised...

This!

Both CBS and Colbert were very respectful. They didn't dwell too much on his personal life. These people asked 4 questions about his wife? And the guy claims he did research beforehand? Was he there to talk about the new album or his wife?

I don't know why but I feel sorry for Chris Martin. Really sorry for him. For sure he's got it all it may appear but he's human at the end of the day and even though he said those things to the Daily Mail and CBS about his wife it's so obvious that he'd prefer not to.

Those people asking the questions should know better than to ask questions as stupid as "do you and Gwyneth have singing competitions around the house'. Arseholes.

I think the peeps on this show were snarky!!! I felt like they as interviewers who

"did research" KNEW fucking well what they were doing, 3/4 questions about G thrown at him at once, when he is there to promote their album. "Yeah" I'm sticking up him!!!!:D