✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Why the hate?

dcmarlow

Maybe because it's too pop for a Coldplay song and it has a pop singer in it.

Personally, I like it. One of my favourite song on the album. However, I wished it didn't have Rihanna on it. If they wanted her so badly, they should have re-release the song as a single with her in it. I hate anyone else singing on a Coldplay album. :P

I think people have already given their reasons as to why they hate the song all over this forum section and it's not mostly just because it features a pop singer.

The thread Princess of China: Worst Coldplay song ever? already covers this up. Corcus and Rudy eg. give their reasons to hate the song and it's not even about featuring a pop singer.

Why would there be another/separate thread about hating the song/someone saying he thinks it's a fantastic song?

Haters gonna hate. Just joking, umm...I haven't really come across any hatred in posts I've read, people just don't love it and have their reasons for it. For me, it is incredibly annoying to listen to, it feels like that awful video of live performance. And Rihanna has nothing to do with it, would have been the same with any other vocal. I don't hate it, I'm indifferent to its existence and I think people should learn to do that rather than wasting their time writing vicious comments. But then again, it's not my business what they do.

• 3 weeks later...

i'm really not a fan of rihanna, but i do like this song. i too do not understand all the hate against it. quess it's due to that it's rihanna and my guess is that most of the coldplay fans dont like her just as i do.

but as said, i do like the song itself, the rythm and the music.

previous suggestion about making a coldplay one and then a second release featuring rihanna is not that bad, i like the idea.

just like with lost, and i accually like the feat. jay z more than the original one. please dont judge :D

Don't understand why Chris was so clamorous about Rihanna when really it could have been any other singer and the effect would be pretty much the same.

They chose her cos she has a high pitched, squeaky voice, and let's face it, Chris is no Barry White, so any other singer with a deeper voice would have probably made him her bitch. :D

Just kidding, but that's what I think about that. And it worked out fine, I can't think of many alternatives for that particular song.

The riff is EPIC. The lyrics are quite weak, they seem like they're 70% done. I'd give the song an 8.

• 3 weeks later...

Why do I dislike it?

It's not all about Rihanna. Maybe because she is one of those people, who are half-nacked in their videos. Maybe it's because she sings in another genre.

But the reason why I do not like it so much, is not only Rihanna.

It's too much electronic! I hate this annoying sound ... this grigrigri in the background.

I would have like it to see "Moving To Mars" on the album, but it didn't make it. Therefore PoC has done it. I can't understand that.