✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[1-Jun-2012] Coldplay @ Emirates Stadium, London, UK

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you take a Xyloband from a previous gig (o2 in december) would it work at the emirates on monday cause of the radio waves? Someone please reply cause if it does work i'd have 2 Xylobands

REPLY PLEASE

Here's the answer..

@Jayreg1969 I am coming to 2 of the emirates shows & have my Xylobands from the 02 & MEN shows last Dec. - will these work at the emirates?

Jason Regler ‏@Jayreg1969

@etonrifle I am afraid not :( we have new system now sorry !!!

coldplay.jpg?9d7bd4

Gig Review: Coldplay @ Emirates Stadium

It is fitting that Coldplay are playing the Emirates stadium over three nights during Jubilee weekend; they’re the only band who can match the pomp and pageantry taking place throughout our city.

They’re undeniably the biggest band in the world so while the world watches London, they are flying the flag of great British music, and boy are they making themselves noticed over the gun salutes.

Stadium gigs are always detached, impersonal shows; four tiny blokes on a stage with a screen – thank you and goodnight. Not Coldplay; their Mylo Xyloto world tour is too small for stadia, so the setup has three performance areas – main stage, middle arena jam section and an acoustic stage for the back – a trick only employed by the U2s and Rolling Stones of the rock world. Catwalks for the obligatory rock star strutting jut out at three angles, and four giant screen discs in front of a massive neon banner covering the Clock End, mean London’s second stadium feels cocooned by the rock spectacle.

This is part of Coldplay’s charm. Love them or hate them (tending towards the latter to be honest – DN) the four piece have maintained their connection to their fans, even on their vast stages, having a humble appreciation of the fame bestowed upon them. Radio controlled wristbands given to each attendee adds to this inclusiveness, everyone is part of the show as the bands’ LED light flashes in time with the songs, filling the Emirates with pop dragonflies.

As they open with the thunderous Mylo Xyloto the Emirates shimmers with twinkling lights, while laser lights dance on the North Bank End, and we are treated to a barrage of pyrotechnics. No one is paying attention to the music, rather everyone’s jaws drop at the spectacle. Then there’s more. Hurts Like Heaven explodes with confetti cannons which cover the stadium, and outside, with neon tissue butterflies and birds swirling around with the eddies.

Then there’s more. In My Place combines the flashing wrist bands with more confetti. Then. There’s. More. Thirty neon balloons appear throughout the crowd like a slow motion Van Persie header for Major Minus. It’s been a visual onslaught which is is a perfect gambit, even stadium show cynics (well, us) are in awe of what’s before us and swells the adrenaline ready for the heart of a Coldplay show – soaring melodic rock.

The highlight is Yellow, a song never written for stadiums, yet its intimacy is transformed into an epic rock anthem, and Islington hasn’t heard a sing-a-long like it. The audience are vocal throughout, which is visibly moving to Chris Martin – or maybe it’s the rock star training. Either way the devotion they inspire is amazing; for much of the audience this is their only gig of the year and they have been given the perfect opportunity to air their lungs.

Although a slick polished affair there’s a glitch during Princess in China. The VT of Rihanna’s vocals comes in late warranting a restart. There’s also a problem with the stewards allowing too many people into the reserved area, causing some overcrowding – but that’s an Arsenal issue.

Although Coldplay’s melodic pop rock can be rather plodding, show-wise it was faultless. A stadium gig needs to be an event and the Mylo Xyloto tour, with its vast dystopian neon set, has set a new benchmark. Mass appeal pop music lives in the stadium, and Coldplay are the best at it. The Jubilee celebrations and even the running and jumping have some hard work to do to surpass this magnificent show.

Coldplay played

Mylo Xyloto

Hurts Like Heaven

In My Place

Major Minus

Lovers In Japan

The Scientist

Yellow

Violet Hill

God Put A Smile Upon Your Face

Princess of China

Up in Flames

Warning Sign

Don’t Let It Break Your Heart

Viva La Vida

Charlie Brown

Paradise

Us Against The World

Speed Of Sound

Clocks

Every Teardrop is a Waterfall

Tickets for Coldplay at the Emirates Stadium 2 June and 4 June are still available through Seetickets and other outlets.

my first post on this website, i was there last night got unreserved seating in the second row, coldplay were out of this world they were amazing everything about it was amazing especially being able to give all the boys a pat on the back as they came past, i would recommend sitting in the second row if you are in the lower tier!!

If anyone has a link toward a full stream of absolute radio possibly to download too i would be very grateful!

many thanks

my first post on this website, i was there last night got unreserved seating in the second row, coldplay were out of this world they were amazing everything about it was amazing especially being able to give all the boys a pat on the back as they came past, i would recommend sitting in the second row if you are in the lower tier!!

If anyone has a link toward a full stream of absolute radio possibly to download too i would be very grateful!

many thanks

Glad you had fun! In the Multimedia Section of this Messageboard you can find a thread which has links to available downloads of the show! Enjoy!

One of the most emotional moments..Chris is so funny while trying to reach the microphone at the end :laugh3:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v5cUHYj3dck]Coldplay - The Scientist [London Emirates Stadium] - YouTube[/ame]

00:47 :)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m46MT9gBD2c]Coldplay - Yellow [London Emirates Stadium] - YouTube[/ame]

Sounds to me like they're doing the best concerts of their lives right now. Every single one has been getting unbelievable reviews from fans & critics.

We'd better enjoy this era because in terms of live shows, I can't imagine them getting better to be honest... :awesome:

And the pictures lately have been superb! Thanks everyone for posting.

I was just wondering if anyone who was in the seating area last night could please tell me how long it took them to get outside the stadium after the show? Also, how long did it take for the unreserved seats to fill up? I'm going on Monday and it would be good to know what to expect.

I was just wondering if anyone who was in the seating area last night could please tell me how long it took them to get outside the stadium after the show? Also, how long did it take for the unreserved seats to fill up? I'm going on Monday and it would be good to know what to expect.

If you move quickly after ETIAW, you can get outside in 10min. I was in the tube after 20min.

And unreserved seats were filled as quick as the standing area, I mean the good ones. You can see in this picture:

dscf2714oz.jpg

The Sun liked it too:

Coldplay light up the Gunners

Chris_Martin_1520588a.jpg

Red hot ... Coldplay

By BECI WOOD

Published: 15 minutes ago

COLDPLAY turned in a stunning performance at Arsenal last night.

Frontman Chris Martin was the stand-out 'man of the match' as the band played a 90-minute set crammed full of old and new material.

Stepping on stage at dusk, the arena quickly turned into a pool of lights as the fans waved their light-up wristbands around in a frenzy.

Flashing in time with the music, it was an idea so simple, but yet so effective.

More colour filled the Emirates, home of Arsene Wenger's Gunners, as confetti fell onto the stage.

Even without the special effects, Chris' brilliant voice, combined with his overwhelming energy and tight bond with his bandmates places Coldplay at the top of the Premier League of live acts around.

The sweaty singer puts a load of effort in, but the results are quite spectacular.

coldplay_1520587a.jpg

Giving it his all ... frontman Chris Martin

Chris' every move was worshipped by the sell-out crowd as he danced around the stage.

At one point he was so knackered he fell to the floor and could barely get up.

For the encore, Chris and his bandmates swapped ends for an acoustic number.

Chris, husband of Hollywood actress Gywneth Paltrow, said: "We couldn't come to Arsenal and not play both ends."

Just when we thought they were ready to call it a night, the band returned to the main stage for an epic finale in the rain.

A tender performance of Singing In The Rain, was merged with beautiful track Fix You.

And Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall then ensured punters danced away into the night.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/4352285/Coldplay-light-up-London-with-epic-gig-at-Arsenal-football-club.html

If you move quickly after ETIAW, you can get outside in 10min. I was in the tube after 20min.

And unreserved seats were filled as quick as the standing area, I mean the good ones. You can see in this picture:

dscf2714oz.jpg

I'm going with my friend who wants a seat (if it were just me i'd go for standing but i don't mind really) but i still want GOOD seats. I'm just wondering what time we should start queuing. Do you think an hour or so would be enough?

I'm going with my friend who wants a seat (if it were just me i'd go for standing but i don't mind really) but i still want GOOD seats. I'm just wondering what time we should start queuing. Do you think an hour or so would be enough?

I have no idea as I was seated yesterday.. But I'm guessing that those who queued for hours and hours were for standing area. So I think an hour would be enough..

Coldplay at Emirates: A Fan's Take

Sometimes the world of sports and rock 'n' roll collide and a writer gets lucky enough to cover two subjects that he's fond of: Coldplay and Arsenal football. I apologize, the subject of this column will lean more toward Coldplay than the Gunners.

There is nothing that compares to the spectacle of an open stadium rock concert. When it's the biggest rock band in the world, it takes the spectacle to heights that reduce anything that Ringling Bros. can stage to a finger puppet show.

The energy level in Emirates Stadium this weekend for three Coldplay concerts will dwarf anything felt on the field when the Gunners played. Not to diminish any of the amazing moments Arsenal had at Emirates this season, but its Chris Martin, Guy Berryman, Jonny Buckland and Will Champion. Those guys are capable of bringing unmatched showmanship and voltage to any venue. I've seen them twice; the bigger the venue, the better the show.

On the official Arsenal website they have photos of the construction of the stage and the set up of Coldplay's signature graffiti-like backdrops. Protective matting has been laid for the pitch. There are also backstage pictures but they just show signs giving directions to the stage. Emirates displaying these things show how ecstatic they are to have one of the world's best-selling musical groups.

With songs like "Yellow" and "Viva la Vida", Coldplay has not only become one of the most commercial bands in the world, but also a critical darling. Their fan base is cross generational, which is the holy grail of any bands longevity in the business. I don't know anyone who doesn't at least have one favorite Coldplay song.

The multiple Grammy winning group has always been written about as a love/hate sort of band; people love their music or can't stand their haunting melodies and alluring guitar riffs. I've always been a fan of their less popular songs like "Lovers in Japan" and the ballad "The Scientist". "Fix You" is their greatest song-Chris Martin has called it "a perfect song." If they perform it this weekend, even those in attendance with the frostiest of hearts will feel something; it's packed with powerful emotion.

Will any Gunners in attendance at one of the shows get VIP treatment? Arsenal executives and Coldplay's people need to work something out where Robin van Persie and his family should get total backstage access. Robin and his family should get to stand off stage during one of the performances and get all the pictures they want with the band after.

Arsenal should hook RVP up. Manchester City would probably pull some strings if he was their star player. I'm sure Chris Martin knows who he is.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/coldplay-emirates-fans-153700576--mls.html