✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[2-Jun-2012] Coldplay @ Emirates Stadium, London, UK

Up there with the very best gigs I've ever been to. Setlist was almost perfect, the energy from the band was incredible and the atmosphere was lovely. They really put in so much effort.

Also, everyone around me seemed really nice, met a couple of nice people. If any of you are on here, it would be nice to speak to you to see what you thought of the gig! I was the one who started rapping Jay-Z about 30 seconds before it came on, then rapped the whole thing with my sister :P

I was about here too...

Wow you weren't far from me... I was here..

20120602London2CrowdLargeme.jpg

I don't really remember you doing any rapping LOL.. but then I was a little way away and far too excited at that point to concentrate! :laugh3:

• Replies 587
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I always have a problem with capture whole songs since I get so excited and turn the camera off after 1-1,30 haha... but here are something! you can watch them in HD.

Viva la vida, don't you just love how happy Chris seems to be?

ETIAW, I promise he could make us sing or say whatever in the world.. haha

I felt 99 problems coming after this song so I started filming early. 8 minutes! I just LOVE the excitement and butterflies in the stomach during 99 problems.. ohhhhh :)

Also I had a great 4 min video from The Scientist, but sadly I had a really enhusiastic girl at my left side who sang soooo loud I couldn't even hear the music. She didn't know the lyrics and also had an italian accent, so the video isn't that good haha.. bahh :(

Wow now I know where i want to stand for the Holland gig.. ! Your view was amazing!! I had the camera in the way ALL the time.

And you can see Chris stop in your IMP video and stare into the crowd, at the begining.. that was us he was staring at! wow... thanks for posting this.. particularly the last one with the start of the show.. wow.. so many exciting memories!

Traveled 22 hours yesterday and made it back home with so many wonderful memories!

I went to the show with my gig buddy LongLiveLife! We met up and arrived at the venue around 12:15 Saturday, finding ourselves 4th in queue. After a long day of standing in the cold wind we made the mad dash into the stadium and across the pitch (quite a scary thing!) and managed to get front row!

It was truly a memorable concert. I agree with those who mention the thrill of hearing "99 Problems" and knowing what's coming up. And then to have Jonny walk up right in front of you and to think "Wow, that's really him!" And then Chris and the rest...there are just no words.

My buddy says they must do a rain dance right before each show but I honestly didn't even realize it was raining until they moved to the X stage and I watched Guy playing with the rain soaking him. And they still gave it 150 percent.

And at the end I managed to score a set list - I promised that I would not tell who the giver was, but it was a wonderful surprise.

So many people have posted pictures vastly superior to mine but I'll share a couple:

Here is a view of the Xylobands from up front. It was gorgeous.

2012-06-02_16-01-09_970.jpg

And the moment when Chris ran past and waved at us:

2012-06-02_16-28-06_96.jpg

Will hammering away at the Viva bell:

2012-06-02_15-46-18_841.jpg

Guy and Will thanking our side of the crowd:

2012-06-02_16-28-32_562.jpg

And the final bow:

2012-06-02_16-28-50_427.jpg

Souvenirs of an unforgettable experience!

setlist.jpg

Happy Jubilee and all that... although frankly beginning to feel a bit like, ok enough already, had the river thing - sorry but that was so funny with the orchestra in the dry and the poor choir singing their hearts out on top in the deluge that only an English summer can conjure up. I laughed my head off! Saw some of the concert - Stevie Wonder - brilliant, Madness - ditto, Paul McCartney - better than I'd expected but Elton John... er sorry when did he stop being able to sing. I know he'd been ill but frankly he was pretty awful to my ears.

Anyway - one of our bits of the weekend was Coldplay at the Emirates Stadium (Arsenal). So... firstly support - Rita Ora was brilliant, that girl can sing and got the limited crowd that was in early going. Only a short 20 mins set which was a shame, I'd have gladly listened to more - great band as well. The Robyn... well not my sort of thing, very very clever drumming but her sound and style didn't really suit a stadium gig. A smaller venue would have been better but then again maybe not for me.

So Coldplay hit the immense stage. Now I quite like Coldplay but in that genre probably prefer Snow Patrol if I'm honest - I listen to them more regularly anyway. Having seen Snow Patrol a couple of times at The O2 I was expecting to say "Coldplay were good but not as good as Snow Patrol"... I couldn't say that, they can command a stadium these boys. Not a lot of chitchat just hit after hit from Yellow, In My Place, the absolutely stunning Fix You to Paradise and all points in between. Great sound, fantastic light show - we were up in the Gods towards the back which whilst you can't see the stage close up you do get to see the light show better - and a great great sound quality. Add to that the fact that it absolutely chucked it down with rain for most of the gig a testament to both band and the technical crew - there was pretty much no cover for them at all.

Finally - everyone got a wristband as you went in - at a couple of points, the start and more notably the end these lit up driven by a radio signal, pulsing in time to the music. 60,000 people waving their flashing wristbands in the air, cool sight and also a great way to include the crowd actively in the event. Top marks...

http://guitarsandlife.blogspot.co.uk/2012/06/gig-review-coldplay-arsenal-football.html

thanks for all the reviews guys. I'm fairly confident saying that 2nd June is the first wiki page this year to get too long :D

Warning: This page is 44 kilobytes long; some browsers may have problems editing pages approaching or longer than 32kb. Please consider breaking the page into smaller sections.

http://www.wikicoldplay.com/2_June_2012:_Emirates_Stadium,_London,_England

I'll be splitting it into 2 later on

*sees 59 new tweets.* *wipes sweat off forehead*

*has DEEP respect for Tash*

:D

This!!

I posted as many as I could before I had to leave last night, but I don't know how she keeps up!:D

I don't know either! :lol:

:nod:

I know the truth about her, like I said on antoher thread...She's actually 8 people on super fast computers,lol.:laugh3:

I do happen to have a super fast internet connection! :)

that or she's a cyborg :inquisitive: :shocked2:

Cyborgs don't sprain their ankle when they fall down a stairs!

I forgot to say I met the famous and lovely Tash.. !! Who for all your information IS NOT A CYBORG !! ROFL LOL.. just for information haha.. but she is very nice and we spent quite a bit of time together yesterday.. She did get a set list.. I am sure she will be happy to post it at some time when she is back in her own country! :) But she is going to Monday's gig too.. jealous.. so we will all have to be content with Non-Cyborg like photos for a day or so.

It was nice to meet you!

The setlist one of the security guards gave me was a setlist from Coventry! But I got the one from Saturday on Monday :nice: No Monday setlist though : (

hi - what is written on the set list after 'Fix You'???

Traveled 22 hours yesterday and made it back home with so many wonderful memories!

I went to the show with my gig buddy LongLiveLife! We met up and arrived at the venue around 12:15 Saturday, finding ourselves 4th in queue. After a long day of standing in the cold wind we made the mad dash into the stadium and across the pitch (quite a scary thing!) and managed to get front row!

It was truly a memorable concert. I agree with those who mention the thrill of hearing "99 Problems" and knowing what's coming up. And then to have Jonny walk up right in front of you and to think "Wow, that's really him!" And then Chris and the rest...there are just no words.

My buddy says they must do a rain dance right before each show but I honestly didn't even realize it was raining until they moved to the X stage and I watched Guy playing with the rain soaking him. And they still gave it 150 percent.

And at the end I managed to score a set list - I promised that I would not tell who the giver was, but it was a wonderful surprise.

So many people have posted pictures vastly superior to mine but I'll share a couple:

Here is a view of the Xylobands from up front. It was gorgeous.

2012-06-02_16-01-09_970.jpg

And the moment when Chris ran past and waved at us:

2012-06-02_16-28-06_96.jpg

Will hammering away at the Viva bell:

2012-06-02_15-46-18_841.jpg

Guy and Will thanking our side of the crowd:

2012-06-02_16-28-32_562.jpg

And the final bow:

2012-06-02_16-28-50_427.jpg

Souvenirs of an unforgettable experience!

setlist.jpg

:D

Cyborgs don't sprain their ankle when they fall down a stairs!

It was nice to meet you!

The setlist one of the security guards gave me was a setlist from Coventry! But I got the one from Saturday on Monday :nice: No Monday setlist though : (

Ow you sprained your ankle? Not nice at all.. hope it's better now? Oh it was the Coventry one on Saturday.. well it was raining SO hard.. that I guess it wasn't flashed about too much.. But then you got Saturday's on Monday? LOL.. are you going to get Monday's in September? :p :laugh3:

Glad you're home safe anyway and it was nice meeting you too. :cool:

Thanks for photos everyone :)

cold-play3.jpg

Coldplay, Emirates Stadium - review (London Evening Standard)

5*/5*

Revelling in dayglo and melody, Coldplay light up north London in a spectacle of sight and sound that proves the pinnacle of one of London's most remarkable long weekends

Beige no longer, Coldplay’s stadium stint in north London this weekend proved to be the most colourful live spectacle I have ever witnessed.

While it was pure red, white and blue for the Queen down on the Mall, up here umpteen thousand wristbands flashed red, white, blue, green and pink in a bewildering sight that dazzled far beyond expectations. Everybody’s bands started flashing during the whizz-bang opener, Hurts Like Heaven, during which they were outshone by so many fireworks that the stadium was awash with smoke. Then they stayed off for just long enough to be forgotten about, until the sun went down, Charlie Brown and its line about “glowing in the dark” came on, and the space exploded into light in perfect time to the music.

It was a sight that will not be forgotten by those who saw it, an audience that included stadium-filler-in-waiting Adele, for a very long time. An expensive gimmick, perhaps, but it united the masses in a manner that has become Coldplay’s trademark. When the fans weren’t bellowing the “woah-oh-oh”s of Viva La Vida as one, they were howling approval for the band’s return, one by one with the addition of honorary harmonica player Simon Pegg, to a small stage at the back for the first encore.

The song was Us Against the World, but there was no conflict here. “I can see you at the back,” Chris Martin assured us. “The more you give the more we give.” There was no divide between crowd and band, no stars versus plebs – if anything Coldplay seem to look up to their audience. Musically they have brightened up too. Having moved beyond the need to match U2’s gravitas that drags down any young band lucky enough to start filling arenas, they now revel in Martin’s dayglo gift for melody.

Rihanna appeared brandishing dangerous fingernails on the five big screens during the glorious synthpop of Princess of China. Those amazing wristbands sparked up again when they played the supremely catchy Paradise. Even quiet guitarist Jonny Buckland had a dance down the ego ramp during his solo on a pounding God Put a Smile upon Your Face.

The stadium staples were ticked off – confetti blasts during In my Place, giant bouncing balloons everywhere for Lovers in Japan, yet more fireworks for the hyperactive finale, Every Teardrop is a Waterfall. For sight and sound, it was surely the pinnacle of one of London’s most spectacular long weekends.

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/arts/music/coldplay-emirates-stadium--review-7819765.html

cold-play2.jpg

chris-martin.jpg