✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[2-Jun-2012] Coldplay @ Emirates Stadium, London, UK

• Replies 587
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was there filming for the second night?

I didn't see anything apart from the regular cameras for the screens. And no signs about filming (but then I didn't see any signs that smoking wasn't allowed either but very few people did!)

Hello

I am going to see Coldplay at the Emirates tomorrow (4th June) and was wondering what Security was like when entering. Is there any security at all? Do they check bags? Are they quick searches?

Another question is do they scan your ticket or rip off each one?

Curious as I want to get in as quickly as possible :)

Thanks

Hello

I am going to see Coldplay at the Emirates tomorrow (4th June) and was wondering what Security was like when entering. Is there any security at all? Do they check bags? Are they quick searches?

Another question is do they scan your ticket or rip off each one?

Curious as I want to get in as quickly as possible :)

Thanks

Security were great, yes they search bags, the turnstiles at Emirates are hi-tech your ticket has an embed rfid if you hold it up to light you can see it, and it is scanned by the turnstile and hey presto opens! so nothing ripped off ticket, was there fri/sat and it was fanstatic. Was easy to get in and out the security there are used to dealing with 60000 every week at football matches and were really helpful unlike a lot of venues I have been to!

The Kindness of a Coldplay Fan -

Last night my wife and me were sat in a very long row of seating at Emirates

One chap had to squeeze past us a couple of times , and I jokingly said to him - mine's a cold pint of lager, mate

and guess what ? then he bought me one , out of his own pocket , nearly a fiver too . Outstanding .

In case you are reading this , thanks so much - that was a wonderful think to have done

Awesome show too . Come back soon lads

Coldplay-s-Jonny-Buckland-008.jpg

Coldplay – review: Emirates Stadium, London

3.png

Minutes before stage time, Jay-Z's 99 Problems booms over the PA system, stirring the bedrizzled punters on the covered pitch, its titanic strut perfect for these vast environs. Such bold thrills are notably absent from Coldplay's quiver – just how are their more muted charms going to command the attention of a damp 60,000-strong stadium audience?

The production values are lavish: five vast iris-shaped video screens, plus an armoury of rockets and roman candles, confetti cannons, beach balls painted like the globe and audience wristbands that blink multi-coloured lights to the music, transforming them into human lighting rigs. The effect is not unlike a Flaming Lips show, albeit with their psychedelic lunacy firmly dampened down.

These pyrotechnics are not enough to distract from the show's longueurs, those moments when Coldplay try to rock. Turning up the guitars on the likes of Major Minus, they're beholden to their clearest influence, U2, the Edge's instantly recognisable chime haunting most songs, while the cod-Celtic arena-rock of Princess of China – with Rihanna guesting via pre-recorded video – betrays the hollow bluster of Simple Minds. Their rock gestures just don't convince, not even when Chris Martin hurls his guitar skyward at the end of God Put a Smile on Your Face. He's clearly more Manilow than Marilyn Manson, thanking us for waving our "beautiful arms", for giving him this "wonderful job", gushing showbiz gratitude that is probably genuine, but doesn't entirely feel like it.

Tonight's show works best when Coldplay lean upon their soppier, soft-rock instincts, Martin singing with a sincerity that transcends the sentimentalism of his songs. His delivery redeems Viva la Vida's woolly positivity, as he throws himself into it with unabashed abandon, rendering its euphoric stomp giddily infectious as it fills the stadium. The group's finer ballads – Yellow, Fix You – also triumph here, Martin's expert lachrymose melodies and vaguely emotive lyrics enough to spark grand cathartic singalongs, enough to sweep even cynics up in the communal moment.

As the soft-rock confections reach their crescendos, with the confetti cannons and fireworks at full blast, Emirates Stadium feels like the set of some twee, manipulative, "magical" mobile-phone ad – but then subtlety counts for little in venues like this. Still, it's not the spectacle that wins the crowd over tonight, but the songs with which they connect so easily, conjuring unlikely moments of intimacy on a crowded football field.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2012/jun/03/coldplay-review?newsfeed=true

Was there filming for the second night?

I didn't see anything apart from the regular cameras for the screens. And no signs about filming (but then I didn't see any signs that smoking wasn't allowed either but very few people did!)

There were notifications that the gig would be filmed in the stadium.. however, i'm not sure if they actually did :lol:

I'm sorry if this has been answered before - please redrect me to the answer if it has.

Is the tour program the same as for the Arena tours in December? - I got one on 9th December - as I'm in GA Standing and if it is I can be free and not worry about looking after it tomorrow.

There were notifications that the gig would be filmed in the stadium.. however, i'm not sure if they actually did :lol:

Well, there weren't any cameras that you'd expect to see for a filming that I saw (?) just the usual 'screen' cameras on the light rigging etc.

I walked around a lot and didn't see any of those signs...maybe they just filmed part of the stadium? (Or maybe I am too oblivious when I am waiting expectantly for Warning Sign :laugh3:)

Hey guys, where there any toilets outside the stadium? I'm planning on getting there early on Monday, so I hope there are some nearby while we're queuing up... :uhoh:

We got there very early on Saturday. The toilets in the stadium grounds opened around 12 lunchtime ish I think.. but we got there around 7am.. so nothing available ON site at that time. But There is a macdonalds about 1/4 of a mile away, with very nice loos! LOL.. there are signs to it from the stadium, and the coffee isn't bad either.. :D There is also a Sainsburys local nearby for supplies, chocolate etc. ;)

Good luck with your queueing! Hope you have as much fun as I did. :D

Actually I saw a helicopter during the first songs but after it got dark I couldn't see it anymore.. I don't know if it's related to the DVD.

Edit: It was first gig, Friday.

There are helicopters everywhere in London these days, it's the jubilee and then the Olympics.

No Yellow vids yet huh?

comming somewhere the next 2 days ;)

just have to sort everything out and upload will take some time. but its from the first night when he sang it for his kids. i like it btw the new acoustic start of yellow.

did anyone collect tickets from the emirates? was just wondering what time it was open til and if they asked for photo id? thanks!

yes we did the friday. i bought them online from abroad, so had to show the print and my credit card where i purchaged the tickets with.

it openend at 1, but cause we had reserved seats we were late to pick them up.